Proposal: OTT - NYR

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
A fan of neither team but one I thought of:

RW V. Tarasenko - 2.5m x 1 (UFA, 50% retention)
C S.Pinto - 775k x 1 (RFA)

For

RD B. Schneider - 925k (RFA)
RW K. Kakko - 2.1m x 1 (RFA)

Ottawa fills their top 4 RHD need and gets younger with Kakko, hoping a change of scenery brings increased production.

NYR gets a good top 6 center for the future and a familiar RW who played extremely well for them last season. I would wager Tarasenko would be willing to re-sign in NYR with the right deal too.

Maybe a 3rd party comes in to eat 1.25m (another 50%) of Tarasenko’s cap so the Rangers can grab another player at the deadline.

Thoughts?

Reactions: AirGut

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Norris may be done and as much as I'd like to add Schneider the Sens can't afford to trade Pinto.

If the Rangers are willing to do Tarasenko (50%) for Kakko, I'd be fine with that from a Sens perspective.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Norris may be done and as much as I'd like to add Schneider the Sens can't afford to trade Pinto.

If the Rangers are willing to do Tarasenko (50%) for Kakko, I'd be fine with that from a Sens perspective.
We have no interest in Tarasenko. We can't trade for him with retention because he was on our reserve list as of June 30th. Even if that weren't the case, we'd have zero interest in trading Kakko for him.

And we certainly aren't trading both Kakko and Schneider. How does that help us? If you want a player off our roster, you can have Goodrow. We don't even want anything back.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Pass, Pinto isn’t available.

If you’re willing to move Schneider maybe Chychrun (with retention) would be interesting.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
111% no

do not want vets for youth
no interest in Tara back

appreciate the offer of Ponto, but Schneid = our 2RD and we are likely moving Trouba for cap relief

based on greater needs, easy pass not addressing value

=================
thread title not specific to particular players, only teams, so
counter
LaF + Shesty + Lindgren + lesser pick(s)
for
Sanderson + Pinto + better pick(s)

LaF emerging as the next Steve Vickers as bern predicted
not cheap but still not 8m on Sandy beg. next season
Shesty = Vez quality
Lindy too beat up for long term but useful short term stopgap esp if you deal Hanifin

Rs get a pivot but key is prime Sanderson 8 yrs as 1LD
promote Othmann, Berard, etc

If you’re willing to move Schneider maybe Chychrun (with retention) would be interesting.
no o Schneid - Chych as principals

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
111% no

do not want vets for youth
no interest in Tara back

appreciate the offer of Ponto, but Schneid = our 2RD and we are likely moving Trouba for cap relief

based on greater needs, easy pass not addressing value

=================
thread title not specific to particular players, only teams, so
counter
LaF + Shesty + Lindgren + lesser pick(s)
for
Sanderson + Pinto + better pick(s)

LaF emerging as the next Steve Vickers as bern predicted
not cheap but still not 8m on Sandy beg. next season
Shesty = Vez quality
Lindy too beat up for long term but useful short term stopgap esp if you deal Hanifin

Rs get a pivot but key is prime Sanderson 8 yrs as 1LD
promote Othmann, Berard, etc

no o Schneid - Chych as principals

No to moving Sanderson. Maybe not a good trade fit between the teams.

Not for the Rangers

Fair.

Reactions: bernmeister

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

I doubt the rangers agree.

This deal feels like it needs to center on Pinto for Schneider.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You'd do it now? How are we replacing Schneider?
Not now. Offseason yes. Ideally id try to get it done without Schneider but if i had to include him for a good young C like Pinto, so be it. With Fox and Trouba manning the top 2 RHD spots I'd look for a bargain bin add ala Gustoffson to be 3rd if none of the kids are ready.

• Haha

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I doubt the rangers agree.

This deal feels like it needs to center on Pinto for Schneider.

Yeah pretty much. Rangers need a young NHL center with upside, Ottawa needs a young NHL RHD with upside.

But i wouldn't do this trade as a Ranger fan. It's not reflected in his stats or icetime but he's taken a huge leap and looks to be blossoming into a good all-around top4dman.

He's too important to the team for now and the future. Trouba could be potentially be on his way out soon, Schenider might already be the better player.

I would certainly do Kakko for Pinto but i don't think many OTT fans would.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Not now. Offseason yes. Ideally id try to get it done without Schneider but if i had to include him for a good young C like Pinto, so be it. With Fox and Trouba manning the top 2 RHD spots I'd look for a bargain bin add ala Gustoffson to be 3rd if none of the kids are ready.
Trouba probably won't be around for that much longer. He only has 2 years left on his contract. And we have only 1 RH dman in our system, who is a long shot to be an NHL player. We can't afford to be trading from a position of weakness.

• Love

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Trouba probably won't be around for that much longer. He only has 2 years left on his contract. And we have only 1 RH dman in our system, who is a long shot to be an NHL player. We can't afford to be trading from a position of weakness.
Okay point taken. Counterpoint: what do you do at 3C long-term if Chytil cant come back? What do you do at 1C/2C if Zibanejad never pulls his head out of his ass?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Okay point taken. Counterpoint: what do you do at 3C long-term if Chytil cant come back? What do you do at 1C/2C if Zibanejad never pulls his head out of his ass?
Brodzinski is fine regular season. If Chytil doesn't come back, then we can look for a longer-term solution. With Zib, there's nothing we can do. He makes 8.5 mil for the next 6 years. Dropping him to the 3rd line and adding a 1st line center will destroy our cap structure. We have to trust that Zib will figure it out.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Brodzinski is fine regular season. If Chytil doesn't come back, then we can look for a longer-term solution. With Zib, there's nothing we can do. He makes 8.5 mil for the next 6 years. Dropping him to the 3rd line and adding a 1st line center will destroy our cap structure. We have to trust that Zib will figure it out.
We'll see how Brodzinski does in the playoffs but i view him as more of a stop-gap. As weak as the RD depth is, the C depth is equally bad if not worse.

• Haha

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
We'll see how Brodzinski does in the playoffs but i view him as more of a stop-gap. As weak as the RD depth is, the C depth is equally bad if not worse.
The bolded is certainly true. I'm not sure Brodzinski will be the 3rd line center come the playoffs, but I don't want to fill that spot with an expensive acquisition just in case Chytil comes back next year. If we get to a point where it's clear he's not coming back, then we can explore other options.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Youve got to give to get, and Schneider is a piece I would love to add in Ottawa, but I wouldnt let Pinto go for him. Greig I could probably do but he might be 2-3yrs off from being what NYR needs right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad