Proposal: Ott & NYI

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
The one thing I have to say is interesting in this thread... Sens fans acting like their management has done well in trades recently, enough so to act is if they know the absolute package that will be obtained for Duchene.

Conversely, fans from opposing teams enjoy strolling in, offering up assets that many teams have almost no interest in, and telling Sens fans they'd be lucky to get that much.

I would expect the lead offer is Tolvanen + 1st at this point, but I could be off.

Kokomo

Feb 10, 2019
Kentucky
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer. I think Dobson will have a solid NHL career.
It's more of a guy feeling it the fact that the Isles never land a difference maker on defense.
But I watched him at Islanders mini camp last Summer and unlike Wahlstrom I didn't come away all super impress like he was a man against boys.
He was bigger than most of the camp invites and draft picks but just didn't seem to stand out.
Then again I was disappointed with Skare k and still super high on him.
what's your thoughts?
You do realize the Isles drafted Spurgeon, Chara, Potvin, Morrow, and Toews,

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I would expect the lead offer is Tolvanen + 1st at this point, but I could be off.

Unless Tolvanen's value has got worse in the past year I don't see him being traded(wasn't he like borderline top 20 prospect before the year?)

Reactions: 12Dog

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Conversely, fans from opposing teams enjoy strolling in, offering up assets that many teams have almost no interest in, and telling Sens fans they'd be lucky to get that much.

Do you not remember the return for Hoffman and Karlsson?? If you're expecting top tier prospects to come back for Stone and Duchene you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
realistically dobson should not be involved in any conversation

that being said lou doesnt mind spending to get his man

so a small ray of hope in an unrealistic scenario for us sens fmfmansmans
realistically dobson should not be involved in any conversation

that being said lou doesnt mind spending to get his man

so a small ray of hope in an unrealistic scenario for us sens fans

Do you know some Caps fans predicated Lou gets his man when Lou was in trade talks for Grubrauer?

I tecall Habs fans getting giddy, when the report came out that Lou had a deal in place for MaxPac last summer.

And of course we cannot forget the EK to LI blockbuster from summer:sarcasm:

Cause Lou always gets his man and does not mind overpaying according to HF

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Six pages and some Sens fans still holding onto that dream of getting Dobson
Six pages of Islanders fans saying that “rental players don’t get high returns” even though the OP specified a signed player.

I don’t agree with ridiculous demands but at least answer the OP. What’s the best way offer IF Duchene has a contract or agreement with NY before the trade?

Just saying “trade and sign scenarios are not realistic” is inaccurate - especially when Ottawa is involved - because the GM has a history of doing it in one direction (Turris) and the owner has experience doing it in the other way (Bishop). Clearly the Ottawa organisation is open to exploring these types of deals even if said player doesn’t end up signing.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Six pages of Islanders fans saying that “rental players don’t get high returns” even though the OP specified a signed player.

I don’t agree with ridiculous demands but at least answer the OP. What’s the best way offer IF Duchene has a contract or agreement with NY before the trade?

Just saying “trade and sign scenarios are not realistic” is inaccurate - especially when Ottawa is involved - because the GM has a history of doing it in one direction (Turris) and the owner has experience doing it in the other way (Bishop). Clearly the Ottawa organisation is open to exploring these types of deals even if said player doesn’t end up signing.

Ottawa did a sign & trade -> Hossa/Heatley

With NHL play set to resume the following season in 2005–06 and Hossa's previous contract expired, he signed a three-year, $18-million deal with the Senators. However, the contract only precipitated a deal that sent him that same day to the Atlanta Thrashers along with defenseman Greg de Vries for all star forward Dany Heatley, who had requested a trade following ......

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

The most I’d part w/ for a SIGNED Duchene is a 1st (‘19), Bellows, MVS, and Josh Ho-Sang.

I’d *consider restructuring if talks heated up, only go as far as Whalstrom. Not necessarily sure I’d give him up, but again, consideration.

Dobson, Sorokin, and Wilde are off limits.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The most I’d part w/ for a SIGNED Duchene is a 1st (‘19), Bellows, MVS, and Josh Ho-Sang.

I’d *consider restructuring if talks heated up, only go as far as Whalstrom. Not necessarily sure I’d give him up, but again, consideration.

Dobson, Sorokin, and Wilde are off limits.

So for a 1st line center on pace 95 points, your offer is nothing that will sting even a little bit. How generous.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
So for a 1st line center on pace 95 points, your offer is nothing that will sting even a little bit. How generous.

You’re not going to get much more out there. Dorion isn’t notorious for extracting every ounce of value out of deals either, I might add.

Tolvanen is rumored. He’s fallen a bit over the past year. I’m not even sure NSH will yield their top prospect, given their shallow cupboard.

Many of the buyers do not have the depth of our picks or prospects.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You’re not going to get much more out there. Dorion isn’t notorious for extracting every ounce of value out of deals either, I might add.

Tolvanen is rumored. He’s fallen a bit over the past year. I’m not even sure NSH will yield their top prospect, given their shallow cupboard.

Many of the buyers do not have the depth of our picks or prospects.

I'm not going to get much more? Am I the one trading him? Am I even a Sens fan? Your offer is complete and utter garbage given your stipulation that he comes signed.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I'm not going to get much more? Am I the one trading him? Am I even a Sens fan? Your offer is complete and utter garbage given your stipulation that he comes signed.

I said I’d consider Whalstrom.

And no you aren’t, hence my statement about Dorion.

95 pts isn’t his avg. NYI would be trading for an annual 55-75 pt. C/W.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I said I’d consider Whalstrom.

And no you aren’t, hence my statement about Dorion.

95 pts isn’t his avg. NYI would be trading for an annual 55-75 pt. C/W.

He has been playing over a ppg pace for over a year now. Your point range is laughable and shows a complete disregard of any context. If they are trading a signed Duchene, he is the best long term trade target that came on the market in I don't know how long and should absolutely return far more than the secondary pieces you offered.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He has been playing over a ppg pace for over a year now. Your point range is laughable and shows a complete disregard of any context. If they are trading a signed Duchene, he is the best long term trade target that came on the market in I don't know how long and should absolutely return far more than the secondary pieces you offered.

We shall see. PPG pace for a bottom 5 team, how will he produce on a D conscious, better team? That said, he’s a max 70 pt YEARLY forward, which is fine we me; he’d augment NYI’s top 6.

Again a 1st and Whalstrom would be a consideration, given the signed status.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Anyone mentioned it's not cool being a jerkyboy?

Anyone mention how desperate some Sens fans are,with the TDL 5 days away and a unusually crowded TDL market.?

Getting clearer by the day that Duchene wants to play in Nashville, Nashville wants Duchene and the Isles will not part with blue chippers to rent Duchene .

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Coming into this season, Duchene's career shooting % was 12.8.
Last I checked it was 20.0 this season.

Are we supposed to be impressed by his unsustainable shooting % in a career year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad