Waived: [OTT] F Zack MacEwen waived by the Senators (cleared)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Good kid, knows his role but probably isn't an NHL player on many teams.

Him being your tough guy against the likes of Reaves, Lucic and WiFi in the Atlantic might be tough too.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Presumably if he wasn’t signed at all, that space he occupies could be filled with another player?
The space he occupies can be filled with another player regardless, and that player would either result in no chance to the cap or a reduction in our cap space. The only impact he has is on contract limits, which we are nowhere near and not in real danger of approaching in the next 3 years.

There is zero cap impact.

Reactions: NyQuil

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Somehow Ottawa gets even softer. I know he isn't a very good player but that roster is likely the softest team in the league.
1697745129790.gif

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Always part of the plan imo. He’ll go up and down plenty this season. 3 year deal was to make a waiver claim unpalatable to other teams. See you soon Zack.

Reactions: Korpse

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Pretty sure the 3 year contract will scare most teams off.

Hasn't played enough to know if he should be waived or not . . . this is strictly a cap management move.

Reactions: KnockHobbler

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Certainly out of those not in a rebuild and trying not to win anything. Out of all teams in the league that are trying to make the playoffs I think there is debate but they are near the bottom.
...Bruhhh...

Reactions: NyQuil

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Certainly out of those not in a rebuild and trying not to win anything. Out of all teams in the league that are trying to make the playoffs I think there is debate but they are near the bottom
Who is their grit? Tkachuk and?
So I got curious, there’s 4 teams currently in the Eastern conference with more hits than Ottawa.

What’s impressive to me is Ottawa is high in hits despite having a load of blowout wins with high possession - teams without the puck a lot usually have more hits.

Seems like that matches my eye test, too. That they’re a fast, and physical team.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
So I got curious, there’s 4 teams currently in the Eastern conference with more hits than Ottawa.

What’s impressive to me is Ottawa is high in hits despite having a load of blowout wins with high possession - teams without the puck a lot usually have more hits.

Seems like that matches my eye test, too. That they’re a fast, and physical team.

And one of them is Toronto who are being called soft so doesn't seem a great metric.

If you had more than a passing knowledge and understanding of hockey, you wouldn't ask that question.

So no one?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I don't think he gets claimed because of term, but who knows? Johnston got claimed. I think they figured Kastelic fulfills the role and they need that cap space for pinto obviously

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I don't think he gets claimed because of term, but who knows? Johnston got claimed. I think they figured Kastelic fulfills the role and they need that cap space for pinto obviously
Believe this is so they can call up a defender with Zub hurt.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Not sure it’s Pinto related. Zub took a shot to the side of the head, left the game and still no update. Likely sending down the 13th forward to call up a 7th d.

Reactions: Sensatauro

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Yeah Lou might be the only one who would potentially put in a claim

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Good kid, knows his role but probably isn't an NHL player on many teams.

Him being your tough guy against the likes of Reaves, Lucic and WiFi in the Atlantic might be tough too.
I'd rather him fight Reaves or Wifi and get the hell beat out of him than Brady having to square off with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad