Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Vladimir Tarasenko signs with the Senators (1 year, $5M)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’ll get them closer to the playoffs. I still don’t like their goaltending and think their team has too many parts inorganically thrown together, but we’ll see. The Atlantic division is going to have 6 teams that can easily make or miss the playoffs.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
His last three seasons he’s been a severely declining player. I mean putting up some points but horrible defensively and in possession on multiple teams. He’s a bigger name that actual star at this point. That said, low risk deal so why not.

IMG-2235.jpg

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It’ll get them closer to the playoffs. I still don’t like their goaltending and think their team has too many parts inorganically thrown together, but we’ll see. The Atlantic division is going to have 6 teams that can easily make or miss the playoffs.
What are the too many parts that are I organically thrown together?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Feels like that took a long time for a 1yr deal at a rumored price with a rumored team, but I guess it doesn’t really matter.

He could do well, they’ve got a nice offense when healthy and he won’t have to be a main horse but will have talent to play with.

If guys like Greig and Kleven can contribute and Korpisalo has a decent year, they can be a wild card team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What are the too many parts that are I organically thrown together?
Korpisalo, Tarasenko, Giroux, Chychrun, Kubalik. And before that, DeBrincat played the role of Tarasenko. Let’s face it, Tarasenko doesn’t want to be there. It’s been reported that he wanted to play for other teams that didn’t have the money for him, and he fired his agent this summer.

I think if you don’t have the pieces in-house with your rebuild to make the playoffs, you shouldn’t be bringing in UFA’s or traded guys with big contracts to get you barely over the playoff hump. It hurts the long-term viability of the team’s contention. It’s best to accept where you are and take the extra few years to rebuild.

And don’t get me wrong, Chychrun is young and can be part of Ottawa’s core, but you balance that with he’s getting a huge pay raise once the team has a true chance to win anything, so I’m not sure the team gains the effects of his great contract.

All of this is to say I think they’ve tried to bandaid a few too many positions around the edges of their roster before they had an organically playoff caliber roster, and it’s part of why I think Buffalo is closer than Ottawa. Buffalo didn’t get impatient. I think Ottawa’s impatience will cost them, but we’ll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad