Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Tyler Motte signs with the Senators (1 year, $1.35M)

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Tyler Motte Clamato is an excellent depth signing.

Summer of Dorion continues in fall, what a face turn from Duh Dorion! From Burger King to King of Kings, Charles who?

Last edited:

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Ideally a 4th liner who can pinch hit third line role in face of an injury but should be relegated to a 4th line pker and forechecker. But for that contract would have liked him back; up to 1.5 he's a no-brainer. Not really worth more given his role.

Reactions: Altimus

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Great signing for Ottawa. Really good bottom-6 energy guy who knows his role and plays it well. Brings a metric ton of hustle, and has a knack for creating for himself off of broken plays. Great depth to have.

Seems like he was probably expecting a bigger contract, but with everyone's cap space completely drying up, ended up having to settle for a value price on that 1-year contract and try to earn something bigger next year.

One of the somewhat rare "bottom-6 grinder" or "role player" types that i think fans actually tend to really like.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Senators definitely had some question marks on the PK with Brown and Paul leaving the roster. Motte definitely helps out in that regard!

Nothing to dislike about that signing.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
He was asking this in Vancouver but on a multi year term

Good player
Vancouver had a great 4th line last year
One of the best in the NHL.
I think asking for a lot is great, but knowing when to "take it" is more important. Motte (and/or his agent failed there) I'm guessing he thought with covid over(ish), he'd get more money as cap went up. Turns out, that cap was spent on better players really quickly around the league. OTT is a good pick to see if he can get decent TOI and point totals to ask for a longer and more lucrative deal.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I love this for Ottawa. Fast gritty PK Fwd that can chip in and be a heart and soul type. They’re top 6-9 has talent a guy like motte makes them more of a complete team imo. Still hesitant to buy into the Ottawa hype but I must say I like what they’re doing

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Goals/60 over the past two seasons:

Tyler Motte: 0.75
Bo Horvat: 0.73
Tanner Pearson: 0.68
Brock Boeser: 0.65
That’s an example of a misleading statistic in this case. This is not a knock on Motte - he’s still basically an elite 4th liner that can fill in and not hurt you

Reactions: biturbo19 and bert

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Motte and Watson will play every game if they're healthy.
Kelly is likely to play every game if he's healthy.
Gambrell, Kastelic and Hawryluk will battle it out to be the 12th forward over the course of the year.
Sokolov will be an AHLer.

I hope it’s Kastelic.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Like the player, but he's small for the way he plays, which makes him injury prone. Good season if he plays more than 55 games.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Welcome to your new favourite player Sens fans! I think I'll be tuning into a lot more of your games with the awesome off-season you guys have had.

You'll love his speed, hustle and physicality. For a little guy he can really blow up unsuspecting players. Super clean and honest player. I was secretly hoping Canucks could have brought him back. At this price, you'll be extending him before seasons end no doubt.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
A steal at this cap hit. They can always deal him for a pick at the deadline. This is an example why every team should save some cap space for before training camp (unsigned players, waiver wire) instead of blowing their wad on the first day of free agency.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Tyler mOTT amirite????????
DF96F31C-048D-4B5E-828F-CDF720BAEA6B.jpeg

Reactions: LG18

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Ottawa is a darkhorse to be contenders this year.

I'm just about fully sold on them, just need a truer starter and coach. Otherwise I think they're good to go.

Reactions: SensFactor

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
We need top 4RD...bad

Yeah that's the big need for sure. If Sanderson can have an awesome rookie year they might be ok . . . but still, they definitely need a legit top 4 guy.

And DJ is unproven too. He has the horses to do some damage now, we'll see what he does with them

Reactions: SensFactor

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Suprising they couldnt at the price tag he signed for in Ottawa.
I was thinking that Ottawa was a good fit for him. They have a lot of young guys and skill guys so adding a hard working veteran that can PK compliments their roster balance.
Wonder if Ottawa sweetened the deal with promise of 3LW spot start with Formenton out for the year. Lets Motte bet on himself, score 30 pts and get a nice 3M x 4 years somewhere after.

Great signing for Ottawa. Really good bottom-6 energy guy who knows his role and plays it well. Brings a metric ton of hustle, and has a knack for creating for himself off of broken plays. Great depth to have.

Seems like he was probably expecting a bigger contract, but with everyone's cap space completely drying up, ended up having to settle for a value price on that 1-year contract and try to earn something bigger next year.

One of the somewhat rare "bottom-6 grinder" or "role player" types that i think fans actually tend to really like.
It'll be hard to fill Nick Paul's shoes! Especially if what they say about guys with big dicks is true!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad