13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
You want Zub and DeBrincat I want Nurse and RNH

what-confused.gif

what!?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I still don't understand why Chicago traded away Debrincat so why would Ottawa when they're trying to build a winner in the future? Edmonton also can't afford to add another 9+ million cap hit player when they're trying to manage their cap to extend McDrai in a few years.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
This is horrible for Ottawa.

Hmm, OP is located in Edmonton. What are the odds a proposal like this was from an Oilers fan? Could have fooled me.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
How about Draisaitl and Bouchard for Motte, Joseph, Brannstrom, Sogaard, Thomson, Sokolov, Hamonic, Kelly, and a 2nd rounder?

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
We’ve beaten the value horse to death, it’s just not there, so I’ll comment on fit.

Ottawa, like many other teams, are starved for right handed defensemen that will be stapled next to Chabot or Sanderson. Zub fills that need for now.

Barrie is worth more to the Oilers than he is to any other team, so I don’t see why they would move him for less than he means to them. He also wouldn’t be on PP1 over Chabot, ability or not, and with Brannstrom finally emerging I do not see the point in blocking him again.

Oilers would probably have to pay a first round pick for a player that has been as effective as Barrie for them, and teams would bid much, much, much less for him.

We just had a major injury in our top six, we do not need to move a top six player for more bottom six players especially when our third line (when healthy) is one of the most productive lines in the league early on.

Broberg is going to be a player, but he’s going to be log jammed for a long time behind Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom.

It just doesn’t really make sense, and then you throw the value in and it also doesn’t make sense.

If we’re out of it at the deadline and Zub doesn’t want to extend, we’ll talk 1st round pick + prospect for him @ 50% retained. (Maybe management will green light it).

Last edited:

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Three cap dumps in one proposal. Homerism is shining through...

It's hilarious you think JP and Barrie are cap dumps when they've been solid players this year. You're getting a defensively conscience player in JP to play with Stutzle and Tkachuk and might be an even better fit with them than Connor. Outside of Chabot, you guys don't have another dman who can produce offense and there's no guarantee you guys can keep Zub.

Prajna

Jun 10, 2008
It's hilarious you think JP and Barrie are cap dumps when they've been solid players this year. You're getting a defensively conscience player in JP to play with Stutzle and Tkachuk and might be an even better fit with them than Connor. Outside of Chabot, you guys don't have another dman who can produce offense and there's no guarantee you guys can keep Zub.
-Who is Connor? And how would JP be ahead of Batherson, Tkachuk, Debrincat and Giroux?
-Sanderson already showing signs of being better than Chabot.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
No your not. You rarely post trade that makes sense and hardly ever swing by the oiler board. We have had this discussion before
Uh yes I am, and bluntly you and I have never had a conversation about anything.

You're not the gatekeeper as to who is an Oiler fan. That's crap.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Three cap dumps in one proposal. Homerism is shining through...
While this is an awful proposal, there are no cap dumps. There are just no pieces there that should make Ottawa think about moving their guys the other way.

Hey, whoa, lighten up there. I am 100% an Oilers fan. WTF.

This can be discussed for sure.
Stop with the awful proposals. And no, that can't be discussed. Nurse is the 3rd least likely player to be traded by the Oilers. Even if some fans hate him, his teammates, coaches and managers all love what he brings.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
We’ve beaten the value horse to death, it’s just not there, so I’ll comment on fit.

Ottawa, like many other teams, are starved for right handed defensemen that will be stapled next to Chabot or Sanderson. Zub fills that need for now.

Barrie is worth more to the Oilers than he is to any other team, so I don’t see why they would move him for less than he means to them. He also wouldn’t be on PP1 over Chabot, ability or not, and with Brannstrom finally emerging I do not see the point in blocking him again.

Oilers would probably have to pay a first round pick for a player that has been as effective as Barrie for them, and teams would bid much, much, much less for him.

We just had a major injury in our top six, we do not need to move a top six player for more bottom six players especially when our third line (when healthy) is one of the most productive lines in the league early on.

Broberg is going to be a player, but he’s going to be log jammed for a long time behind Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom.

It just doesn’t really make sense, and then you throw the value in and it also doesn’t make sense.

If we’re out of it at the deadline and Zub doesn’t want to extend, we’ll talk 1st round pick + prospect for him @ 50% retained. (Maybe management will green light it).

That's a pretty fair reply.

While this is an awful proposal, there are no cap dumps. There are just no pieces there that should make Ottawa think about moving their guys the other way.

Stop with the awful proposals. And no, that can't be discussed. Nurse is the 3rd least likely player to be traded by the Oilers. Even if some fans hate him, his teammates, coaches and managers all love what he brings.

Feel free to post some yourself. I may have missed the mark here and to Ottawa fans I am sorry about that, but I don't get the hate from a few Oiler posters on here. I'm a pretty rational guy for the most part, and if you can think of a better deal go ahead and put one out there.

Of course if you don't have the balls to try that wouldn't be all that surprising either.

Last edited:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That's a pretty fair reply.

Feel free to post some yourself. I may have missed the mark here and to Ottawa fans I am sorry about that, but I don't get the hate from a few Oiler posters on here. I'm a pretty rational guy for the most part, and if you can think of a better deal go ahead and put one out there.

Of course if you don't have the balls to try that wouldn't be all that surprising either.
The hate you are getting is because your proposals (this proposal especially) aren't taking the other teams needs into consideration at all. You're asking for two key pieces, and sending back a bunch of depth guys, Barrie, and futures, some which the other team doesn't really need. So it makes Oilers fans look like homers when someone comes in and asks for two of another teams better players for bulk parts. You aren't new here, you know this.

I've made my share of proposals here in the past. No need to get all pissy because you are being called out for making a bad one.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
The hate you are getting is because your proposals (this proposal especially) aren't taking the other teams needs into consideration at all. You're asking for two key pieces, and sending back a bunch of depth guys, Barrie, and futures, some which the other team doesn't really need. So it makes Oilers fans look like homers when someone comes in and asks for two of another teams better players for bulk parts. You aren't new here, you know this.

I've made my share of proposals here in the past. No need to get all pissy because you are being called out for making a bad one.

Barrie to Ottawa would be fascinating if Sanderson was further along his development. The pairing might work.

Chabot has also struggled mightily on our powerplay. Barrie would be a breath of fresh air.

But like I said, if we erase Barrie’s name, he is worth a first round pick if he was just considered “player X” to the Edmonton Oilers.

We aren’t giving up any equivalent of a first round pick for Barrie, and whatever we would be willing to send, the Oilers will not be able to use that to remedy Barrie’s loss.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I can handle Ottawa fans freaking out, that sort of thing is expected. Have one guy call me "not a real Oilers fan" and have a guy like you pile on is what I object to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad