Proposal: OTT - EDM Blockbuster

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Sens have lost six in a row and maybe they've decided to go for Bedard. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking from this Oiler fan.

:edmonton

Debrincat ($6.4 Million, one year left and pending RFA)
Zub* ($2.5 Million one year then pending UFA)

:sens
Puljujarvi ($3 Million one year left then pending RFA) -equivalent to a 2nd
Barrie ($4.5 Million, two years then UFA) -equivalent to a 4th in my book
Foegele ($2.5 Million two years the UFA) - dump, cost the Oilers to move him**
Oilers 1st 2023
Xavier Bourgault (top prospect)
Philip Broberg (Oilers top def prospect)
**additional 2nd rounder 2024

*Currently on the IR

Oilers get a top RW to play with either McDavid or Draisaitl. Oilers get a top pairing RHD in Artem Zub. Edmonton makes a run for glory this year.

Ottawa gets some smaller short term contracts to make the money work and a 1st, 1 2nd and two of the Oilers top prospects for the Bedard era.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The Sens have lost six in a row and maybe they've decided to go for Bedard. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking from this Oiler fan.

Oilers 1st 2023

*Currently on the IR

Oilers get a top RW to play with either McDavid or Draisaitl. Oilers get a top pairing RHD in Artem Zub. Edmonton makes a run for glory this year.

Ottawa gets some smaller short term contracts to make the money work and a 1st, 1 2nd and two of the Oilers top prospects for the Bedard era.

ottawa just gave up 7OA + high 2nd for Debrincat

that garbage does get 7OA+high 2nd without adding Zub

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Sens didn’t trade for DeBrincat just to trade him away. They have every intention of keeping him, unless he demands too much money.

Also there isn’t a single piece coming from from EDM that’s actually worth something to the Sens.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Probably get more separately if they actually decide to move them . Doubt they throw the towel in after 11 games given their offseason expenditures . The return is light additionally given the dumps

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
An absolute fleecing of Ottawa.

Zub is their only good RD.

Why would Ottawa take on so much dead cap?

Bourgault is good, but Broberg is risky. Maybe package them both + a pick if you are going after DeBrincat alone.

Reactions: McJedi and Masked

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
ottawa just gave up 7OA + high 2nd for Debrincat

that garbage does get 7OA+high 2nd without adding Zub

I more or less look at Zub as a rental, with Debrincat may or may not be a guy who is staying in Edmonton.

An absolute fleecing of Ottawa.

Zub is their only good RD.

Why would Ottawa take on so much dead cap?

Bourgault is good, but Broberg is risky. Maybe package them both + a pick if you are going after DeBrincat alone.

I assume Zub is going for the UFA market, whether he stays in Ottawa or goes to Edmonton. Valued him as a rental.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I more or less look at Zub as a rental, with Debrincat may or may not be a guy who is staying in Edmonton.

I assume Zub is going for the UFA market, whether he stays in Ottawa or goes to Edmonton. Valued him as a rental.
Rentals still have high value . He gets a 1st and good prospect on his own . So what are you dealing for Cat ? This barely hurts Edmonton at all and they add 2 impact players while shedding all their extraneous bodies ….

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

That's a convenient assumption on your part, but not one Ottawa would accept.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
Hard pass. Value aside - losing both of them for futures not only kneecaps the current core, but it sends a message to the team that management doesn't think they can win.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It's not unreasonable since the guy hasn't signed an extension. Neither of them has.
What they said:
It isn’t reasonable at all and I’m not a Sens fan
Yes it is.
It is. It's really f***ing unreasonable lol
Rentals still have high value . He gets a 1st and good prospect on his own . So what are you dealing for Cat ? This barely hurts Edmonton at all and they add 2 impact players while shedding all their extraneous bodies ….

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
I'm down to trade DeBrincat as a Sens fan which hurts to say as I really like the player and we obviously just acquired him but with the impending cap implications that Ottawa has to deal with, giving a massive 9M contract to a winger (albeit a great one) will hurt the structure of this team.

We have Pinto, Sanderson, and Zub all needing raises in the next 2 years. The defence also needs some massive upgrades that are far more important than retaining a winger. Re-Signing Cat loses us any significant flexibility to add to our defensive core which is a glaring problem for the Sens right now and probably in the future.

We already have multiple big ticket forwards in the Sens core and spending the money towards our defence is more important IMO.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Oilers 1st 2023

*Currently on the IR

One of the worst trade proposals I have ever seen. Absolutely zero and I mean zero consideration for one teams needs. Sens get a bunch of cap dumps and trash for the two best players in the deal by a mile. Deal from a position of weakness which is their RD which they are literally trying to find another one right now and get nothing that helps them. All secondary pieces.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The value is probably fair, but LOL at 2 points in 14 games Puljujarvi being worth a 2nd round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad