Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Drake Batherson re-signs with the Senators (6 years, $4.975 AAV)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's Ottawa, what do you expect. Things have been bleak since 2007 so it's easy to get excited over the smallest of things.

If he finishes close to ppg over 82 games then sure, he's "the guy" but for now he's just on a hot streak.
lol just exposed once again. This is why i post here.

Don't know much about how they compare as players but I'm surprised Ottawa fans aren't at least a bit worried with how reminiscent this is of the White signing
Maybe it's because we do know because we watched them?

Exactly. I should know a bad contract when I see one. And this one definitely fits that bill.
ouuuuu that one's gotta hurt.
It's not so much about competing, it's moreso about the ineptitude of our coaching staff. This team simply cannot generate goals and Batherson certainly isn't "the guy" that would lead them out of their scoring slump...he certainly wouldn't be near ppg. Anyways, this is getting off-topic.
Is it? You sad little man.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Early on I thought DeAngelo was the best "value" signing of the off season but getting Batherson extended for that long at that price is unbelievably good. Hes a legit star.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Still a small sample size. He's not a 100pts player. Could even be an outlier season altogether.

Either way, I maintain my original sentiment, too early to judge a player and his contract.

This deal is definitely a steal. He's not a guy that will likely put up PPG but he doesn't have to. He's only 23 and could easily be a ~60-70 point guy. Even those kind of players make way more than 5M today.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Still a small sample size. He's not a 100pts player. Could even be an outlier season altogether.

Either way, I maintain my original sentiment, too early to judge a player and his contract.

Lol, no one said he's a 100 point player. He was worth $5mil last year and he's very clearly progressed.

One thing I do agree with - if you don't watch the player at all or know anything about him, it is indeed too early to judge the player and his contract.

Reactions: OmniSens

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
as a habs fan i'm amazed at how undervalued he is by some sens fans . 28 points in 21 games and he gets better every month . he's not a guy that will put up a point a game ? he's at 1.33 now . his development has been on turbo charge since he was 17 .

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Dude, you harp on the Sens just to harp on them.

Batherson could have signed league minimum and you would be saying he is a wasted spot.

Far from it, I actually like Batherson (put that on record if you want)...I'm just tired of people (habs fans included) overrating their players regardless of fanbase but being nowhere to be seen when the same player is in a slump.

Batherson might turn out to be a good player, but he's far from a 100 point player so it's nice that sens fans are coming out of the woodwork when he's performing at his best.

Levelheadedness never hurts.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Far from it, I actually like Batherson (put that on record if you want)...I'm just tired of people (habs fans included) overrating their players regardless of fanbase but being nowhere to be seen when the same player is in a slump.

Batherson might turn out to be a good player, but he's far from a 100 point player so it's nice that sens fans are coming out of the woodwork when he's performing at his best.

Levelheadedness never hurts.
far from a hundred point player ? he's pacing for over that today and he's 23 ? in his prime at 26-27-28 he'll be putting that up regularly. if the olympics were next year he'd be in that discussion.

p.s. and i'm not a sens fan . just a fan of an opposing team who has followed him since midget

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, you should see the post right above yours. I know he's not a sens fan but it proves exactly my point.
You invented a claim to debunk (that Batherson will be a 100 point player, which no one said before then) after being wildly off-base earlier in the thread i.e. at the actual time of the signing, and then act vindicated when one person follows up saying they agree with your invented claim?

God you're bad at posting

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

It just shows that you don't watch him play - which is fine, you don't have to watch Ottawa obviously, but it renders your opinion invalid. Ottawa fans have seen the ascension of this player for a while now and all of us knew this was a bargain.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It just shows that you don't watch him play - which is fine, you don't have to watch Ottawa obviously, but it renders your opinion invalid. Ottawa fans have seen the ascension of this player for a while now and all of us knew this was a bargain.

He's a Habs fan, of course he knows more than you know about your own players :sarcasm:

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It’s weird seeing Ottawa fans bring up threads to “dunk” on people while they are once again one of the worst teams in the league and an overall embarrassment.

Anyone care to bring up the “rebuild is done” threads that were created over the off-season? Plenty of Ottawa fans claiming they’d be fighting for a playoff spot.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s weird seeing Ottawa fans bring up threads to “dunk” on people while they are once again one of the worst teams in the league and an overall embarrassment.

Anyone care to bring up the “rebuild is done” threads that were created over the off-season? Plenty of Ottawa fans claiming they’d be fighting for a playoff spot.
-17 goal differential for the wings doesnt inspire confidence in what has been a hot start that's potentially just smoke and mirrors. Why not worry about your own team for a minute. No one is coming in and shitting on the wings for being happy with Raymond, Seider, Bertuzzi or Larkins great starts.

No one in this thread is pumping Ottawa, everyone knows ownership and the GM are a disgrace. Doesnt mean we cant enjoy Batherson playing well when haters like you came in here and told us how bad the contract was going to be.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
Thread just proves that no one outside Ottawa watches the Sens but still decide to chime in with idiotic takes. This signing was great at the start of the season, let alone now. Batherson's potential and play has been good for a while now, and it was pretty apparent, barring some huge regression, that he would be a good player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad