Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Drake Batherson re-signs with the Senators (6 years, $4.975 AAV)

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It’s weird seeing Ottawa fans bring up threads to “dunk” on people while they are once again one of the worst teams in the league and an overall embarrassment.

Anyone care to bring up the “rebuild is done” threads that were created over the off-season? Plenty of Ottawa fans claiming they’d be fighting for a playoff spot.
I think they're showing now what they are as a team way more so than the first 15 games or so. The stupid NHL making them play through Covid was ridiculous, we signed a dud on defence, our starting goalie was defective, our promising young C was injured and needs to miss the year. Is it all sorted out? No, but we're better than our record indicated through the first 15-20.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Knowing the poster, this is the funniest statement in the entire thread.

Well done.
Its beyond outrageous.

Yeah, you should see the post right above yours. I know he's not a sens fan but it proves exactly my point.
Your point.... You said it was a horrible signing............ WHERE HAVE YOU PROVEN THAT. Then you claimed Ottawa fans said he would be a 100 point player, not one person said that. Its like you dont think people can read the posts in this thread or something. Unbelievable stuff.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Thread just proves that no one outside Ottawa watches the Sens but still decide to chime in with idiotic takes. This signing was great at the start of the season, let alone now. Batherson's potential and play has been good for a while now, and it was pretty apparent, barring some huge regression, that he would be a good player.
i mean no disrespect to you or other sens fans . at least you gave him he's a good player . another poster said he might become good . i just think he's had the good player thing down for a while . he's a great player now

Reactions: SENSational

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I never once said Batherson was a bad contract :laugh:

No one shits on the Wings because we’re actually showing improvement. You guys have somehow gotten even worse. I’ll look forward to bringing up the threads where you guys expected to fight for a playoff spot this season
You're shaming people for defending it though. What's that about? You are shitting on the sens, does that make you feel better? Do you think that will improve the Wings?

Some of Ottawa's young players are progressing, I mean this thread wouldnt even be happening if they werent. But as you have said they are 'getting worse'.

Id expect a fan of Detroit who also had a good start last year would be a little warry of thumping his chest after 29 games but self awareness doesnt seem to be your strong point.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think they're showing now what they are as a team way more so than the first 15 games or so. The stupid NHL making them play through Covid was ridiculous, we signed a dud on defence, our starting goalie was defective, our promising young C was injured and needs to miss the year. Is it all sorted out? No, but we're better than our record indicated through the first 15-20.
seemed like there was a variance of sorts as to who's games would be rescheduled

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
seemed like there was a variance of sorts as to who's games would be rescheduled

I don't even know what they were thinking making us play during the height of our Covid outbreak. Apparently they didn't want to cancel any games because of the Olympics, but man...it was bad. Our assistant coach was on death's doorstep. Still...they must know best, right....

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You're shaming people for defending it though. What's that about? You are shitting on the sens, does that make you feel better? Do you think that will improve the Wings?

Some of Ottawa's young players are progressing, I mean this thread wouldnt even be happening if they werent. But as you have said they are 'getting worse'.

Id expect a fan of Detroit who also had a good start last year would be a little warry of thumping his chest after 29 games but self awareness doesnt seem to be your strong point.
You guys are the one bringing up threads from the summer to say “HA HA told you so!!” While your team is in the bottom of the league again. It’s a very weird thing to do.

Does shitting on other posters make you feel better about Ottawa being a joke overall again?

Would you like me to bring up the Ottawa will make the playoffs thread to do the same?

Also the Wings had a good start last year? Seems memory isn’t one of your strong suits…
We were 8-17-4 this point last year and only won 2 of our first 12 games :laugh:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You guys are the one bringing up threads from the summer to say “HA HA told you so!!” While your team is in the bottom of the league again. It’s a very weird thing to do.

Would you like me to bring up the Ottawa will make the playoffs thread to do the same?

You seem to really be struggling with the difference of team success and individual player success.

So you are only allowed to be correct about something if your team is successful? What's the threshold? Do you have a standard we can all abide by?

Realistic sens fans said they wouldnt make the playoffs my self included..... Would you like me to show a post where a wings fan is being overly cocky essentially doing the exact same thing... Oh wait I already quoted it. Pot meet Kettle.

Self-awareness level... 0

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So you are only allowed to be correct about something if your team is successful? What's the threshold? Do you have a standard we can all abide by?

Realistic sens fans said they wouldnt make the playoffs my self included..... Would you like me to show a post where a wings fan is being overly cocky essentially doing the exact same thing... Oh wait I already quoted it. Pot meet Kettle.

Self-awareness level... 0
Read my post again, you’re just making things up as you go :laugh:

self awareness AND memory level: 0

Okay I’ll bring up the threads saying you guys would be competing for the playoffs and let’s see your response in those.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
It’s weird seeing Ottawa fans bring up threads to “dunk” on people while they are once again one of the worst teams in the league and an overall embarrassment.

Anyone care to bring up the “rebuild is done” threads that were created over the off-season? Plenty of Ottawa fans claiming they’d be fighting for a playoff spot.
as a neutral fan if i had the choice of taking thachuk , chabot , batherson, stutzle , norris , sanderson , etc. over seider, raymond, larkin, bertuzzy, cossa etc it would be ok with the ottawa side

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Read my post again, you’re just making things up as you go :laugh:

Okay I’ll bring up the threads saying you guys would be competing for the playoffs and let’s see your response in those.
What did I make up?.....

You are changing your wording... Coward. First it was make the playoffs now its compete. Show me one post where I said they would be in the playoffs. You are grasping at straws, its quite unbecoming.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
What did I make up?.....

You are changing your wording... Coward. First it was make the playoffs now its compete. Show me one post where I said they would be in the playoffs. You are grasping at straws, its quite unbecoming.
You said the Wings had a good start last year… completely false. Try and get your facts straight if your going to attempt an argument.
And nope I’ve said in my original post so many of you thought you’d be competing for a playoff spot. Instead you’re competing for last place. I look forward to bringing this up.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
You said the Wings had a good start last year… completely false. Try and get your facts straight if your going to attempt an argument.
And nope I’ve said in my original post so many of you thought you’d be competing for a playoff spot. Instead you’re competing for last place. I look forward to bringing this up.

Still plenty of games to play.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They were in a playoff spot to begin the season. Get it together.

Reactions: guyzeur

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Why are people dumping on the Sens as a team to somehow bring down the fact that Batherson is currently a PPG player? Regardless of whether or not the team is trash, it is objectively true that 6 years at 4.975 AAV is a massive steal going forward when looking at his production paired with the eye test.

Anyone arguing otherwise should give their head a shake.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
No one shits on the Wings because we’re actually showing improvement. You guys have somehow gotten even worse. I’ll look forward to bringing up the threads where you guys expected to fight for a playoff spot this season
I guess you conveniently forget that the Sens were the first team with a mass Covid outbreak this season. They played a number of games significantly short handed. And the losses piled up. Only in the last half dozen game have been been healthy and it shows in their Win/Loss record. Let's see how both teams do for the next couple of months.

Reactions: Masked

Synesthesia

Apr 15, 2012

I'm not sure what the big deal is - if he's a bright spot on a poor Ottawa team, then he still is a bright spot, especially after his contract was deemed to be a "bad contract".

If anything, you're derailing the subject of the thread from the player to the team being at the bottom of the standings - which is irrelevant, especially given the player's +7 ratings

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Why are people dumping on the Sens as a team to somehow bring down the fact that Batherson is currently a PPG player? Regardless of whether or not the team is trash, it is objectively true that 6 years at 4.975 AAV is a massive steal going forward when looking at his production paired with the eye test.

Anyone arguing otherwise should give their head a shake.
yeah it's hard to argue with that

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I promise y'all, no one knows the Sens suck more than Sens fans.

If we want to take a quick victory lap over one of the few positives, just let us have it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad