GDT: Ott @ Col @ 9pm | It was a PGT, but now it's a GDT edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlsson2Turris*

we don't need think kind of negativity here

lol sens suck

This. Don't understand the need to spread negativity when the game isn't over.

go sens go

edit: i see that white font. game isn't over yet buddy

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I'd expect you to know that but it seems pretty clear that the Sens are still in rebuild mode... Lowest payroll, least amount of NHL games experience... I'm getting kinda surprised by your posting these days... you look damn angry lol
i think his source of pain is all from our PP performance

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
This. Don't understand the need to spread negativity when the game isn't over.

go sens go

edit: i see that white font. game isn't over yet buddy

Why spread negativity at all? Game or no game?

you're either against it or not.

I try to point out facts, no matter what they say.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I have given up on the season

No, no, we jest... this was a horrible game... don't stop believin', tho.

As long as we're consistent for the rest of the year, I'll be happy. Consistently horrible or great... unfortunately odds are we'll remain mediocre and get 10th overall.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This game seems to indicate that our greatest needs are on defense. We've had tons of offensive chances and Varlamov's been pretty dang good.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We again outshoot an opponent and keep the opponent to less than 30 shots.

It sucks that our defense had a meltdown at bad times.

Oh well, on to the next one.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
How was Ottawa magically getting Lehner down to the AHL without him being picked up on waivers? Pretty sure he is well past the point where he would be protected.

Edit: With capgeek down I can't check, but according to NHL 15 he is still exempt, so I suppose they could have pissed him off by burying him for a few more years.

Well, Lehners attitude about it was a little concerning. If he cant tough it out in the A like others do then maybe thats a red flag. I think he could be a serviceable #1 right now, I just dont see the saviour that has been hyped for a few years now. He is still young and he may turn into that...wouldnt be the first time I was wrong. Just dont and didnt see any negative to having him in the A other than pissing him off...and his happiness shouldnt be anyones primary concern. Its about whats best for the team.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
This game seems to indicate that our greatest needs are on defense. We've had tons of offensive chances and Varlamov's been pretty dang good.

Tons of scoring chances? I only saw a few and if we had "tons" then why do we only have 2 goals? That would indicate a lack of scorers.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
we were worse off last year and still it was offense that was added. i can't imagine will be changing the D this season

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
We again outshoot an opponent and keep the opponent to less than 30 shots.

It sucks that our defense had a meltdown at bad times.

Oh well, on to the next one.

It's odd that so many people on this site cite how we were out shot under Paul Maclean and it was his fault. now we are out shooting teams and still aren't winning.

Like I said over and over, a few shots here and there won't make a difference if the players are lacking in talent.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'd expect you to know that but it seems pretty clear that the Sens are still in rebuild mode... Lowest payroll, least amount of NHL games experience... I'm getting kinda surprised by your posting these days... you look damn angry lol

By looking at the roster and the payroll, everything about this team says it's a rebuild. However, there are serious mixed messages sent from the management team. Firing Maclean was done under the guise of "we believe this is a playoff team and are under performing." And there are reputable sources indicating that Murray is looking to acquire an offensive player to make a "playoff push" (according to Lebrun)

I honestly believe that Murray thinks he's built a playoff roster because of the over achievement of two years ago.

Last year's Hemsky trade was to push the team ahead. It didn't work and now the team is out a 3rd pick this year.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Tons of scoring chances? I only saw a few and if we had "tons" then why do we only have 2 goals? That would indicate a lack of scorers.

We've had a bunch, just getting stoned by Varmolov. Not that we're playing particularly well but the score could easily be much closer.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The team didn't really play that badly tonight. Good ots of good pressure and never got the bounces.

Varlamov has been very good too.

Next game I'd like to see Stone sit for a game to figure out how to get his game back in order.

Mac-Turris-Ryan(let's try this again)
Hoffman-Zib-Chiasson (Chaisson has battled hard tonight)
Michalek-Pageau-Lazar (Pageau/Lazar could form the core of a great third line for years to come)
Greening-Legwand-Condra (Condra has been excellent lately)

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Kudos, Push540! I'm normally on your train, but tonight I'm drunk and have no patience.... the team has played like crap as well.... tomorrow I'll be back on the wagon (off the wagon?)

Edit: altitude

I think someone will find you under a wagon with an empty bottle of "XXX" in your hand.

Officer Fred

Jan 28, 2010
Vancouver
We need to steal LaFranchise from the canucks. Then we'd be set.

Maybe I should have been more specific. Itt people have been pointing out flaws in Lehner's game. I believe Melanson would be a huge positive for his development. It seems to me, as someone who is very familiar with the Canucks due to living in Vancouver, that he is a very good goal tending coach.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

I dunno....we have a pretty horrible offence. 13th in GA and 22nd in GF. We miss Spezza. Last year people still thought we had a chance in March when they were at the HC. This year we are already out in the first week of January...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad