GDT: Ott @ Col @ 9pm | It was a PGT, but now it's a GDT edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
And do something spectacular to piss off Roy on the bench.

In case they don't, here's a gif of Roy yelling.

11318428816_63df0860c8_o.gif

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Well the records are the same but we have a slight edge in the stats that count. They have had a much better past few weeks though.

Lazar will be in the lineup.

Really hope they waiver Greening then. Pageau has been energetic in these last games. Sending him down is easy, but he has earned a chance to stay imo.

Anyone know about Ryan's hand these days. Seems it was a target last couple of games.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Really hope they waiver Greening then. Pageau has been energetic in these last games. Sending him down is easy, but he has earned a chance to stay imo.

I sway back and forth on Pag, today I say let him play because there are worse players on the team lately. it's not a ringing endorsement but few Sens have a positive work history at the moment.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I like this GDT. It tells me there's a game, who is playing, what time it is, and then encourages discussion about all of the above.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Can't wait to see Methot before he goes back on the IR.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
In case they don't, here's a gif of Roy yelling.

11318428816_63df0860c8_o.gif

Ottawa could use some emoiton like this, I feel like our team is to nice a team sometimes, everyone despite our standings and our level of play seem happy and relaxed all the time - no one ever breaks a stick or gets emotional - we probably have the nicest team in the NHL - I think the team wants to win but they just don't have a winning personality yet or have the players that inspire other players to play winning hockey - playing winning hockey is hard and we aren't anywhere close to being a hard team yet.

Maybe this is why Lazar smiling all the time bugs me, seems like Ottawa is the bridal salon of the NHL, no fights, no hits, just a perfect day every day where dreams come true

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Ottawa could use some emoiton like this, I feel like our team is to nice a team sometimes, everyone despite our standings and our level of play seem happy and relaxed all the time - no one ever breaks a stick or gets emotional - we probably have the nicest team in the NHL - I think the team wants to win but they just don't have a winning personality yet or have the players that inspire other players to play winning hockey - playing winning hockey is hard and we aren't anywhere close to being a hard team yet.

Maybe this is why Lazar smiling all the time bugs me, seems like Ottawa is the bridal salon of the NHL, no fights, no hits, just a perfect day every day where dreams come true

I thought the players wanted to be coddled? Some seem a little soft hearted. People yelling or trying to get pumped up, might disrupt other, more quiet players.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I thought the players wanted to be coddled? Some seem a little soft hearted. People yelling or trying to get pumped up, might disrupt other, more quiet players.

I know, how stupid is that? You can't be hard on players and get the most out of them, you gotta basically bribe them into playing hard hockey.

That comment by Murray last season about Maclean being mean is the worst thing that has happened to Ottawa in a long time - talk about giving the players an built in excuse to suck.

Murray should of told his players to show up ready to fight and be called upon instead of promising them they would be treated nicely and handled like superstars

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
I know, how stupid is that? You can't be hard on players and get the most out of them, you gotta basically bribe them into playing hard hockey.

That comment by Murray last season about Maclean being mean is the worst thing that has happened to Ottawa in a long time - talk about giving the players an built in excuse to suck.

Murray should of told his players to show up ready to fight and be called upon instead of promising them they would be treated nicely and handled like superstars

I was going to mention that exact point but people seem to hate linear lines of logic.

The last thing we need is "un-coachable players". see: Toronto.

At least they are poised on a playoff spot.

Oct 31, 2011
Ottawa
Lehner should start

Why do you bring up lehner in every post? He's not even close to as game-ready as Anderson is at the moment. I know you're a huge fan, but it seems like you're trolling this forum with your new account. Literally every post is "x reason, play Lehner". :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Yeah we really need a guy who loses his mind when down by two goals in the second period :rolleyes:

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah we really need a guy who loses his mind when down by two goals in the second period :rolleyes:

Well for this team that pretty much means a loss when the game is only half over.

Besides, we're talking about emotion. Having too much is better than having too little.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

I'm talking more about Maclean, if Paul maclean is to demanding on his players how do you think the players in Ottawa would handle a Babcock, Hitchcock, Sutter, Carlyle?

Just seems like Ottawa is a really pretty and nice team, there are to many guys relaxed and smiling all the time for a bottom team that has high expectations of itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad