Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CBJ] Duchene and Bergman for Abramov, Davidson, 1st, and Conditional 1st - Part 2

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I honestly feel
Like there is a good chance Duchene goes back to OTT if they’re will to pay him.

I feel like he would have just re-signed with the Senators if that was the case. They didn't keep Duchene because Duchene had a stupid asking price to stay, something around $9+ million. They were only offering $8 million, which wasn't enough.

Reactions: jetsforever

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I honestly feel
Like there is a good chance Duchene goes back to OTT if they’re will to pay him.
It’s entirely possible there was some sort of under the table agreement before the trade like “we’ll give you your money in the summer, but we will trade you for now to advance the rebuild” or something like that

Reactions: Clayonator and SI90

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
It’s entirely possible there was some sort of under the table agreement before the trade like “we’ll give you your money in the summer, but we will trade you for now to advance the rebuild” or something like that

Given that they can now only offer him 7 years instead of 8 that would have to be a whole lot of extra money, like a Tavares level contract.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Doubt it.

He even said it was fair.

Maybe he just wants to see his options. Nothing wrong with that. The trend seems to be for the big time players to at least wait until they can field other offers.

If the Sens offer is comparable to others in the summer maybe he comes back to what he’s familiar with.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
IMO, this deal is terrible for the Sens, and for CBus as well.

It's basically a mid-1st for a couple months of Duchene.

OTT already has pretty good stable of forward prospects, so there is no way the two in this deal beat them out for a roster spot. He isn't signing with CBus, so that conditional 1st is worthless. On July 1st, Duchene will be in Nashville finalizing a 7 year deal. He wants to be there, they want him there, and all the Preds have to do is deal Turris before next season.

And meanwhile, CBus stands to lose Panarin, Bob, and Duchene on a foolish attempt at a cup run. No way they come close to beating Tampa, Washington, Boston, or even Toronto.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They probably won't be able to, because Panarin and bob are definitely leaving but, if they could sign Duchene they'd be looking really good down the middle

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I honestly feel

Well he did say he wanted to play playoff hockey which is the reason he requested to be dealt, I'm not sure I see the sens sniffing playoff hockey for 3-5 years.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Columbus GM seriously thinks Jackets have a chance in this playoff? :laugh:
The other option - trade Panarin and Bobrovsky for prospects and have a better chance later - looked way more realistic.

Get your odds in now!

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
I feel like he would have just re-signed with the Senators if that was the case. They didn't keep Duchene because Duchene had a stupid asking price to stay, something around $9+ million. They were only offering $8 million, which wasn't enough.

Wasn’t about the money. He didn’t want to be part of a rebuild.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
IMO, this deal is terrible for the Sens, and for CBus as well.

It's basically a mid-1st for a couple months of Duchene.

OTT already has pretty good stable of forward prospects, so there is no way the two in this deal beat them out for a roster spot. He isn't signing with CBus, so that conditional 1st is worthless. On July 1st, Duchene will be in Nashville finalizing a 7 year deal. He wants to be there, they want him there, and all the Preds have to do is deal Turris before next season.

And meanwhile, CBus stands to lose Panarin, Bob, and Duchene on a foolish attempt at a cup run. No way they come close to beating Tampa, Washington, Boston, or even Toronto.

Not sure why you're speaking in absolutes. Anything can happen!

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Get your odds in now!
Columbus recently lost to Pens (1-4) and Caps(2-4) in playoff. Badly lost to Tampa in regular season with 6 goals for and 29 goals against in last 6 games. These teams are considered by many people the favorites from the East. Jackets never won a round in playoff and currently is not even in the playoff spot. What their odds to win SC this year? ZERO.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Duchene is so overrated. He bounces around for a reason. His name is bigger than his performance. Kind of like Rick Nash.

He spent his whole career on one team who traded him at his request, and was then offered a longterm, big money deal by his next team but declined because he didn’t want to be part of a rebuild. So I guess there’s your reason he’s bounced around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad