GDT: OTT @ BUF 7pm EST TV:MSG Radio: WGR - Man in the mirror

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It is interesting how similar the Sabres and Sens are. Both teams STRUGGLE to defend. They both have a nice foundation of young players who are either budding stars or have potential to be good. Expectations were high, and they both fell flat on their face. Both also dealt with a good number of injuries, too, if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Listen, win this game and they are 3-1 in the new year. That is a .670 win% keep it up and they make the playoffs!....

At this point I just want to see our players get back to being good like we have seen.

• Haha
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

yasky

Nov 29, 2021
I'm cheering for the team that badly needs to make changes to address core issues but doesn't and is baffled when they have the same result year over year (as opposed to the team that makes 1 moderate to major change every year without addressing core issues and is baffled when they have the same result year over year).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm cheering for the team that badly needs to make changes to address core issues but doesn't and is baffled when they have the same result year over year (as opposed to the team that makes 1 moderate to major change every year without addressing core issues and is baffled when they have the same result year over year).

The Sabres braintrust -

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
He does not have that kind of wealth, only was part of group in Ottawa (950M) that was trying. He and McElhenny only paid 2.75M for the Wrexham FC.
Not really true. Reynolds sold his share of Mint Mobile in an attempt to purchase the Sens.

He made $1.4B on that sale. More than enough to buy most NHL teams. And certainly enough to buy perennial bottom dwellers.

EDIT FOR LINK:
Ryan Reynolds’ Mint Mobile Sells to T-Mobile in $1.3B Deal

(I say not really true because there will be taxes so I'm unsure of his net cash received in the sale).

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Not really true. Reynolds sold his share of Mint Mobile in an attempt to purchase the Sens.

He made $1.4B on that sale. More than enough to buy most NHL teams. And certainly enough to buy perennial bottom dwellers.

EDIT FOR LINK:

(I say not really true because there will be taxes so I'm unsure of his net cash received in the sale).
Mint Mobile, the wireless firm that counts Reynolds as a minority owner, has been acquired by wireless giant T-Mobile in a deal that could value the startup firm at $1.35 billion (the actual payout will depend on the performance of the brands before and after the deal closes). T-Mobile will pay the deal in 39 percent cash and 61 percent stock.

Reynolds was a minority owner of Mint and the total deal was based on a $1.35B valuation of Mint.

Reynolds got nowhere near $1B in that deal.

Mid-2023, Reynolds' reported net worth was $350M.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

EDIT FOR LINK:

He is said to own 20-25% of mint and 60% of deal is in stock so that’s about 100-150 mil cash before taxes. Sabres are valued north of 600 mil.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

EDIT FOR LINK:

And it was the Toronto developers who were the real money in the bid. Reynolds was more akin to a charismatic, likeable version of Larry Quinn when BTG bought the Sabres in his Ottawa bid. That and he had actual ties to Ottawa and there is nothing of the sort to Buffalo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Bob

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Looking forward to seeing Ryan back on the ice and a good game from UPL.

Curious who takes Skinner's spot. Ideally they leave lines 2 and 3 alone, but that would probably mean moving Girgs onto the top line. Ugh.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looking forward to seeing Ryan back on the ice and a good game from UPL.

Curious who takes Skinner's spot. Ideally they leave lines 2 and 3 alone, but that would probably mean moving Girgs onto the top line. Ugh.

If Okposo is back, probably they shuffle up someone else too.

If they were interested in giving Kulich a long run in a scoring role, this would also be an opportunity but that doesn't seem like something they are going to do.

Maybe for tonight, they put Benson up with Tuch and Mittelstadt?

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
If Okposo is back, probably they shuffle up someone else too.

If they were interested in giving Kulich a long run in a scoring role, this would also be an opportunity but that doesn't seem like something they are going to do.

Maybe for tonight, they put Benson up with Tuch and Mittelstadt?
No callup announcement, so no Kulich, right? Although that's what we'd all prefer to see.

I assume Don will go back to ?-Tage-Tuch. Stick Cozens at LW, move each of Mitts and Krebs up a line, and have Girgs center the 4th.

• Wow
Reactions: Fearnot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad