Mentosman42

Apr 12, 2012
montauk, ny
Screen_Shot_2014-05-18_at_10.42.19_AM.png

Zucc tripped Ott, Kreider dove.

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010
Rewatch it. Zuke's stick is clearly around his skate.

You can say that all you want. The high kick was still intentional in my opinion. As if the door opens, and for some reason your skate, that wasn't hooked flies up to Zucc's head height. I know hes short but he's like 4 inches short of 6 feet.

Its not like Ott was even off balance that much. He throws his leg back and easily climbs on the bench. Even if he was a little supprised by the door opening, it had nothing to do with how high his skate blade got. In my opinion he clearly kicked it back. And in my opinion if you think his skate was forced up that high, because of Zuccs "Hook" than you've never skated before. I guess that's just my opinion though.

I don't care if Ott is suspended, but it is sad to see some hockey fans condone this.

Edit: Watched it again, and I have a hard time believing Zucc's even hooked him.. He like grazes his shin pad. Ott has to be the worst skater in the Show if that throws him off.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Lol @ how in NY's kitchen Ott is. GOAT Jimmy rustler...?

:laugh:

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Ott did not "lose balance." He wasn't even hooked by Zuke. Zuke's stick can only be touching the outside of Ott's calf, at best. Ott, holds his body upward as leverage to jut his entire body backwards and kick directly at zuke.

Extremely obvious and disturbing that some people can't see that. Stop looking at the color of the jerseys.

Says the Rangers fan.

In this situation, I try to ignore posters from both teams involved, because their opinion is simply biased. I look more at what people who have no horse in this race think, and it seems to be tilting towards " not guilty".

Considering the league wont even look at it, I think you may be overreacting.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Clean hockey play compared to what the Rangers were pulling last night

If you want to talk cheap shot, how about Nash on Price?

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn

That's actually an awesome impression of a disgruntled out of touch fan :laugh:

Great work. I'd suggest adding an "/s" somewhere in there though or some people might think you're being serious lol.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Although I'm a Ranger fan, in viewing that as objectively as possible that is a ****ing disgrace. He could've literally killed someone doing that. God forbid someone was skating by and fell and caught that in the face or neck. You do not use your skate blades as weapons what a ****ing lunatic

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

I'm pretty sure most hab fans can admit it wasn't a cheap shot. Go take your bias blinders off because you need :help:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Ott should be suspended for the attempted kick.
Brendan Smith should be suspended for attempting to be a soccer player during a hockey game.

One game each.

If you go back and watch the Rangers feed you'll see Smith being given attention from our trainer. He was looking pretty bad on the bench. So call it embellishment if you want but that was a clear whack on his wrist that put him in a lot of pain.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Habs have been playing this series really dirty...can't wait for the handshake line at center ice when we send these dirtbags home for the summer

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Just watched the replay having not seen it live..

Don't see the problem.. Zucc hooks Ott's leg and he loses balance.. nothing to see here

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Funny, I was just going to write how I appreciate how fair minded Habs fans are and then got to the last page....

Unfortunately, one missed incident odd not make it OK for another one to equal things up.

Both teams gave gotten away with too much in this series already- the refs are not doing a good job.

But to defend te attempted kick is ludicrous.

Come on people...ib just got out of major surgery and lying here not myself. But I have respected this.t most Habs fan have been pretty honest.

Please tell me these last posts are in minority!:)

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Habs have been playing this series really dirty...can't wait for the handshake line at center ice when we send these dirtbags home for the summer

There has been shenanigans on both sides, and I have seen alot worse to be quite honest. Nothing unusual for a playoff series.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
....and I ask this wanting no suspension- just acknowledgement that it wasn't a normal reaction.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
....and I ask this wanting no suspension- just acknowledgement that it wasn't a normal reaction.

I think this is basically the Kreider-Price situation in reverse, so I don't think it's hard to recognize where the other side is coming from.

It's always hard to digest things when you have a stake in the play, especially when it's something like this or the Kreider play where you are trying to judge if the extent of a split second reaction was either intentional or completely reactionary.

I said the same thing for the Kreider play that I'll say about this. I think there was some degree of factors outside of Ott's control (i.e. the door being opened on him and the hook by Zuccarello) but I do think he made the split second decision to exaggerate the normal response of losing balance to try and hurt someone. Same thing with Kreider. I think he was obviously tripped but made the split second decision to try and take out as much as Price as possible (and yes, not nearly as dangerous or dirty as this past play). This is less clear than that event.. but it's not as clear cut as a spear to the nuts that it's impossible to call it unintentional.

I just don't think it's suspendable, unfortunately.. mostly because it's hard to justify a suspension based entirely on an interpretation of intent, especially without an injury.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
It doesn't seem to take much to get some fans worked up on here and call for suspensions. I don't see anything particularly nasty with this "incident". I am guessing it is the younger generation that finds every playoff incident as intentionally dirty and dangerous.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It doesn't seem to take much to get some fans worked up on here and call for suspensions. I don't see anything particularly nasty with this "incident". I am guessing it is the younger generation that finds every playoff incident as intentionally dirty and dangerous.
How often does someone kick another player in the upper-body with their skate?

Lol @ how in NY's kitchen Ott is. GOAT Jimmy rustler...?
The only rustled jimmies I see here are Ott's.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
from the repolay that I saw it looked like one of those accidentlaly on purpose kind of things. Nuttin worse in hockey then kickin'

Have you seen what skate blades have done to players?

As a fan of a team, it is very easy to forget the transgressions your team committs and remember what others do to your players.

There is little doubt which team has more guys that play on or over the edge. Believe me, Ranger fans hate that AV won't dress players like that.

If this has to do with Kreider, I feel bad for you. Was 3 years ago, guy was tripped- agreed he probably could have done something to avoid the full-on hit...but I am talking about this series.

Anyone who thinks Ott's ballet-like back leg lift was normal is simply blinded by bias.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Looks more like he was trying to hop the boards just as someone opened the door.
I don't see a kick.

Same thing I saw. I don't have a horse in the race in that series, so I guess I'm just part of some vast conspiracy, lol. Can't wait to see all these people crucifying Burakowsky because his skate hit Rielly in the face with a "backwards kick" while Rielly was down on the ice in the Caps/Leafs game tonight. :sarcasm:

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Have you seen what skate blades have done to players?

As a fan of a team, it is very easy to forget the transgressions your team committs and remember what others do to your players.

There is little doubt which team has more guys that play on or over the edge. Believe me, Ranger fans hate that AV won't dress players like that.

If this has to do with Kreider, I feel bad for you. Was 3 years ago, guy was tripped- agreed he probably could have done something to avoid the full-on hit...but I am talking about this series.

Anyone who thinks Ott's ballet-like back leg lift was normal is simply blinded by bias.

Other incidents play no part here.

Rangers have physically dominated this series, and have Nash who accidentally on purpose bowled over Price, twice, Z who is always mixing it up as he does in this incident, Miller who has more than double as many PM's in this series as the next Ranger, Glass who has 639 PM's in 511 career games, etc.

And the Habs have Ott, who often hurts his team as much as he helps, and crease crashing Gallagher.

Many Ranger fans took to Twitter calling for doing a "Krieder" to Price, after game two, and then Nash plows into Price, hmmm. But you take the moral high ground.

Watch the replay, and focus on Z's stick, the last clear view it, Z's stick is in the hook position. And then it moves away from Ott, with no rotation. That is the leg that takes an abnormal lift.

But go ahead, wear those rose coloured glasses.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Other incidents play no part here.

Rangers have physically dominated this series, and have Nash who accidentally on purpose bowled over Price, twice, Z who is always mixing it up as he does in this incident, Miller who has more than double as many PM's in this series as the next Ranger, Glass who has 639 PM's in 511 career games, etc.

And the Habs have Ott, who often hurts his team as much as he helps, and crease crashing Gallagher.

Many Ranger fans took to Twitter calling for doing a "Krieder" to Price, after game two, and then Nash plows into Price, hmmm. But you take the moral high ground.

Watch the replay, and focus on Z's stick, the last clear view it, Z's stick is in the hook position. And then it moves away from Ott, with no rotation. That is the leg that takes an abnormal lift.

But go ahead, wear those rose coloured glasses.

Ha!

Your glasses must be 4 inches thick.

Are you actually saying the Rangers have gotten away with a lot more than the Habs in this series?

Both teams have been pretty equally nasty. Refs are blowing it.

However I won't waste my time going through the actual incidents- fine if you think Ott did nothing odd on that play.

From your response I see it wouldn't be worthwhile attempting rational discourse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad