Ott Attempted Kick at Zuccarello

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
What a dangerous move by Ott.

Completely against the spirit of hockey.

Shame.

FidZknJ.gif

Come on man.

No one kicks their leg up that high because of a door.

yeah but it was not just the door is was the door opening and combo of the hook to his leg that has all his weight on it, nothing will come out of this, even if he did mean to kick, the league could never prove it, too many things going on here

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Nobody got decapitated, which seems to be mandatory for anything being called in the NYR - MTL series in the third (except for automatic calls like delay of game), so I wouldn't be surprised in the least if nothing comes out of it.

The refs have completely lost this series at this point and I think the winner of this series will be very banged up for the 2nd round.
Also cheap hooks along the boards in the neutral zone. All the stuff they have let go, and then they call that hook on Stepan.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
One small silver lining for the Wings this season is that Ott is no longer on the team. I couldn't stand seeing that jackass in the winged wheel.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
That's playoffs hockey. A lot of dirty stuff happens. Nobody was injured, move along.
And I don't defend Ott. That was stupid but I mean there was no consequence.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
That's playoffs hockey. A lot of dirty stuff happens. Nobody was injured, move along.
And I don't defend Ott. That was stupid but I mean there was no consequence.

So using a skate blade as a weapon just falls under playoff hockey and "dirty stuff" I can't imagine what finally crosses the line.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Lol at anyone who says that wasn't intentional.

If you've ever jumped the boards, which I'm sure most people on here have, you pretty much never kick your leg straight back like that. If his other leg was hook'd while he was trying to hop he would have just ate it into the boards. I'm actually pretty sure most people on this site have never skated before...

Agreed but now go try it where your weight is resting on the boards more specifically top of the gate and then have someone open the gate. your upper body pitches forward as you lose balance and your legs kick up. Leg came up because he stumbled when Benn opened the gate.

I know its Steve Ott but you can't scream suspension cause a guy is clumsy. Not worth a discussion especially since no contact was made.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Looks to me like he was trying to go over the boards and didn't realize a hab had opened the door, lost his balance and his leg came up as a result.

I'm a Sens fan with no love for Ott.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Agreed but now go try it where your weight is resting on the boards more specifically top of the gate and then have someone open the gate. your upper body pitches forward as you lose balance and your legs kick up. Leg came up because he stumbled when Benn opened the gate.

I know its Steve Ott but you can't scream suspension cause a guy is clumsy. Not worth a discussion especially since no contact was made.

Especially when your plant foot is hooked out from under you.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Looks to me like he was trying to go over the boards and didn't realize a hab had opened the door, lost his balance and his leg came up as a result.

I'm a Sens fan with no love for Ott.

yeah i really hate most things about ott but that's my read on it too

i don't know why you'd kick both feet out if you were trying to kick someone

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Lol at anyone who says that wasn't intentional.

If you've ever jumped the boards, which I'm sure most people on here have, you pretty much never kick your leg straight back like that. If his other leg was hook'd while he was trying to hop he would have just ate it into the boards. I'm actually pretty sure most people on this site have never skated before...

This.

That movement was completely unnatural and had nothing to do with him getting onto the bench. To come to that conclusion requires only common sense and some experience playing hockey...which means there is ZERO chance he's suspended by the DOPS.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Ott should be suspended for the attempted kick.
Brendan Smith should be suspended for attempting to be a soccer player during a hockey game.

One game each.

EEDAWGZ

Feb 14, 2010
Queens,NY
Actually, it looks more like Zuc hooked Ott's leg , and Ott used that as his excuse to kick his leg back to try and hit him , with the ruz that Zucs did it to himself. Still no excuse for that

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Fortunately for everyone (Zuc and official especially) Ott is a bad horsekicker but he's still a jack gas.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Ott did not "lose balance." He wasn't even hooked by Zuke. Zuke's stick can only be touching the outside of Ott's calf, at best. Ott, holds his body upward as leverage to jut his entire body backwards and kick directly at zuke.

Extremely obvious and disturbing that some people can't see that. Stop looking at the color of the jerseys.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Ott should be suspended for the attempted kick.
Brendan Smith should be suspended for attempting to be a soccer player during a hockey game.

One game each.

Once again, Habs fans love demonizing any player that isn't dead on the ice as a faker. They did the same thing to Stepan because he played the rest of the period after Prust broke his jaw.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Ott did not "lose balance." He wasn't even hooked by Zuke. Zuke's stick can only be touching the outside of Ott's calf, at best. Ott, holds his body upward as leverage to jut his entire body backwards and kick directly at zuke.

Extremely obvious and disturbing that some people can't see that. Stop looking at the color of the jerseys.

Rewatch it. Zuke's stick is clearly around his skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00