Post-Game Talk: Otl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I ran out of the arena so quick after that goal, that I still have a sore throat. Love how the Sabres fans feel that THEY fell victim to bad reffing.

I think coach's challenges should be expanded to missed calls and kicking motions (not saying that Reinhart's goal wasn't good, just in general). RoR hauled down DK and refs thought nothing of it. And I didn't see it because I left so quick, but is it true that there's some controversy to Okposo's goal as well?

LionsFan01

Jan 10, 2016
1.Don't see how anyone can objectively say that wasn't a blatant hook on Dekeyser.

2.Nielson penalty probably shouldn't have been one as Ristolainen clearly clamped his arm down on the stick and wasn't even trying to skate when it was called. But Nielson never should have put himself in that position to begin with. Similar to the penalty Larkin drew in that I don't think either should have been called, but a poor decision gave the refs a chance to make a poor call.

3.We suck at faceoffs.

4.Complete lack of communication on defense. All it takes is a few seconds of a simple cycle and our guys get completely lost and eventually everyone is either chasing the puck or standing around covering ice. And it's not just the kids. Everyone is guilty.

5.Another brutal game from Dekeyser. Failed more than once to clear the puck around the boards on the PK (not including the non-call), one bad turnover behind the net that led to a scoring chance against that sticks out, and got embarrassed by ROR in the corner. Don't think that ROR deserved a penalty at all. Dekeyser stopped skating, lost position, and paid for it. And he still brings nothing of value to the PP. I don't buy that all of these struggles are a consequence of playing tougher minutes. All at once he just looks slower and weaker out there no matter who he's playing against. Green had a terrible game as well. Don't remember a single shot of his actually getting to the net.

6.Don't remember Eichel being such a whiner out there. Seemed like he was chirping to the refs every time he got touched.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Well, that was a waste of $35. I had more fun tonight watching Mickey's expressions in the press box than the actual players on the ice.

Refs were some of the worst of the year. There were so many calls that should have been made. O'Reilly's GTG shouldn't have counted for hauling down DK. I can't even say how many times Green has either fell down or lost the puck tonight.

Also, way too many missed chances gone wide. I should have known it was gonna be a bad night when the players were having trouble hitting the net in WARM UPS.

:laugh: Sorry to laugh, not really that funny. I'm so relieved I DVR games and start late, this went close to 3 hours live. I think it was something like 16 icings from both teams combined, that sure kills the flow of a game. You could see Mickey's expressions? That is a riot he must have been writhing in exasperation!

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
16143329_10154925116373674_6516697978554643645_n.jpg

:shakehead

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Just love giving a game away in the dying minutes after going 1 up on them. Then mailing it in on 3 on 3 in OT.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
You could see Mickey's expressions? That is a riot he must have been writhing in exasperation!

The flow of the game was pretty awful. A couple of Sabres fans around me were complaining that Mrazek wasn't playing the puck enough.

The real entertainment was watching Mickey throw his arms in the air every once in a while for what I can only imagine being frustration with the telestrator and the referees.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
When you only score 2 goals in nearly 65 minutes including a full 4 on 3 pp during ot the loss is not on the refs, its on the lack of production

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Yes, it was a hook on Dekeyser, but Wings should have put the game away during our preceding PP.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
1.Don't see how anyone can objectively say that wasn't a blatant hook on Dekeyser.

2.Nielson penalty probably shouldn't have been one as Ristolainen clearly clamped his arm down on the stick and wasn't even trying to skate when it was called. But Nielson never should have put himself in that position to begin with. Similar to the penalty Larkin drew in that I don't think either should have been called, but a poor decision gave the refs a chance to make a poor call.

3.We suck at faceoffs.

4.Complete lack of communication on defense. All it takes is a few seconds of a simple cycle and our guys get completely lost and eventually everyone is either chasing the puck or standing around covering ice. And it's not just the kids. Everyone is guilty.

5.Another brutal game from Dekeyser. Failed more than once to clear the puck around the boards on the PK (not including the non-call), one bad turnover behind the net that led to a scoring chance against that sticks out, and got embarrassed by ROR in the corner. Don't think that ROR deserved a penalty at all. Dekeyser stopped skating, lost position, and paid for it. And he still brings nothing of value to the PP. I don't buy that all of these struggles are a consequence of playing tougher minutes. All at once he just looks slower and weaker out there no matter who he's playing against. Green had a terrible game as well. Don't remember a single shot of his actually getting to the net.

6.Don't remember Eichel being such a whiner out there. Seemed like he was chirping to the refs every time he got touched.

It wasn't a hook. It was a WWE move.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Could not win the worst team in East on a road game, when they lose a 1st pairing defenceman on the 1st period.

Tells a lot about us.

Quality scoring chances favored Wings 16-14, but in big picture, it was an even game. Crap team against a crap team. We should outplay totally those kind of crap teams playing with 5 defencemen, if there would be any reasonable playoff hope. But there isn't.

TANK.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
On the positive side, it's nice to see Nyquist and Mrazek play with more confidence again and it gives a teensy bit more hope going forward. A loser point is still a point.

On the negative side, we should've won this game and DeKeyser was hot garbage out there. Couldn't even make a simple pass to save his life.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Mantha has had a few decent plays the past few games, but overall pretty underwhelming. He's looking average just like all the other kids eventually turned out to be.

If his downward spiral continues, he'll be the next to be sent down when another warm body comes back.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Tampa Bay Lightning can pass us in points tonight if they win against the Arizona Coyotes.

TBL are 3-6-1 their last 10 while Coyotes are 2-7-1 their last 10. This one is going to be a real nail biter, folks. Go 'Yotes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad