OT: Other than the Canucks, which Pacific Northwest Team do you care about the most?

Betamax*

So, I was listening to the Sport Market on TEAM Radio this morning and they had an interesting Poll with the question: "Which pro team in the Pacific Northwest matters most to you?"

The options were:

Canucks
Lions
Seahawks
Mariners
Trailblazers
Whitecaps FC
Canadians

Now, obviously since this is a Canucks Forum, I have excluded the Canucks since they would inevitably dominate the Poll (well, perhaps not as much given their recent form ... :laugh:) ...

Anyway, I've modified the Poll and removed the Canucks and added the Vancouver Giants which, you can say is a quasi-pro team, given that their players' are paid a nominal amount which excludes their NCAA eligibility. I also added the Vancouver Stealth for you Lacrosse fans.

If you wish, you can rank the teams you follow in the Pacific Northwest in terms of your personal "care" meter.

Last edited by a moderator:

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
it is insane how fast the seahawk bandwagon has filled up! even last year when they were a great team you still wouldn't hear much about them up here

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
Whitecaps. Although I'm not looking forward to next year... :facepalm:

The only other team in the list I cheer for is the Lions. They used to be #2, but I find myself less and less interested in the sport. I'll still cheer for them and watch them when I can, but I'm not as big a fan as I once was.

EDIT: I would include the Stealth, but I'm in Alberta now, and won't be able to follow them beyond checking scores the next day. But I enjoy lacrosse and will cheer for them from afar.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Canucks -> Lions -> Seahawks (I'm a Pats fan but love the Hawks too) -> Whitecaps/Giants -> Don't care about any of the others.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I'm a second generation 'Hawks fan... so between them and the Canucks… it's been a pretty rough ride. I'm going to be cheering for a champion one of these days :laugh:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
BC Lions! Been a life long Lions fan, as long as I've been a Canucks fan. Made some friends with some of the players over the past year too so I definitely will always be supporting them.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I tried to get on board with the Lions. I was for a few years, but the last CFL game I went to I walked out because it was boring.

MLS is growing on me, probably helps I get free tickets to the Whitecaps a few times a year.

NFL is awesome. The skill is incredible and its easier to follow than the NHL because your team only plays once a week. The playoffs are always good. After the first round the match ups are always incredible. The Seahawks are the hot ticket. All of my friends have gotten on board when we never even talked about NFL 5 years ago.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Probably the Lions. Then the Mariners, and then the Caps. Though I think the Stealth will creep up there if I can find some games on TV, lacrosse is one of my favourite sports to watch. And I'm rooting for the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I feel like I'm in Seattle with all this Seahawks fever especially of the late.

Read a story in the province yesterday which said that Seahawks jerseys are outselling Canuck jerseys at a downtown store by a ratio of 2:1. And it's been that way for most of the NFL season apparently. And during the Christmas season Canucks and Seahawks jerseys were the best sellers in 7 Vancouver sports stores.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I keep meaning to catch Seahawk games, but the NFL has yet to grab my attention like hockey. So for now, just the Nucks.

Seattle has something unique going on there with the Seahawks. The fans have become a big part of the team and Pete Carroll has started a program that is ahead of its time. Russell Wilson is an underdog and one of the most likeable athletes in all of sports. You should check it out.

3:30 this afternoon. I'm nervous.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Love the Raptors team this year. That's about as close as I get to caring about any other team. I'll bandwagon the Jays though if they ever make the MLB post season, same with Lions when they make the Grey Cup final. Was a Trailblazer fan in the Clyde Drexler days and also a Sonics fan when they had an NBA franchise.

Betamax*

I'm waiting for a Seattle NHL team, but I admit the Seahawks are compelling as hell. This is from a virulent NFL hater.

Just imagine if they get to and uh, win the Superbowl ...... The only other team I can recall the Vancouver Market joining in the bandwagon for a Seattle based team was when the Mariners had their run during 2001 where they had the best regular season record that year but Football is much more popular in this market than Baseball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad