Post-Game Talk: Other than that, how was the play Coach Belichick? NYG 10 NE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'm not rooting for the team to fail. I'm not rooting for Zappe to fail. I'm not rooting for Jones to fail. I've simply accepted that Bill isn't the guy to lead this team anymore and he needs to go. The failures of the team are all at his feet. Bad roster. Bad coaching. Bad free agent signings. Bad drafting. Bad play. All on him. I've said it multiple times in this thread alone, including today. The problem isn't that Zappe should be starting over Jones or Jones over Zappe. It's that those are the only options they have and both of them are pure f***ing garbage. Same thing for WR. It's not that JuJu should be getting the ball more or less than Tyquan Thornton or Parker or Douglas. It's that those are the best we have and they're not good. And you can do that for the offensive line as well. And the DBs. And the special teams.

Bill has assembled a really really shitty roster full of JAGs and devoid of game breakers. His ego is the problem. He wanted to show the world he could take anyone and coach them up and instead he's proven the exact opposite. And he did the same bull shit bargain basement nonsense with his coaches too. It's not working and it's actually getting worse year over year. He needs to go.
Well said, and even though I'm not a Pats fan, I agree 100%.

The real problem here is how quickly the Pats make a move. I think you gotta blow up the entire front office and coaching staff, and bring in fresh eyes. In the Pats case, its more than just changing out the Head Coach. They'll need to bring in a President of Player Personnel/GM and THEN you gotta let them bring in their Head Coach and build a staff.

You gotta do that sooner rather than later, because who you bring in is going to have a lot to do with how you approach the draft this spring.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well said, and even though I'm not a Pats fan, I agree 100%.

The real problem here is how quickly the Pats make a move. I think you gotta blow up the entire front office and coaching staff, and bring in fresh eyes. In the Pats case, its more than just changing out the Head Coach. They'll need to bring in a President of Player Personnel/GM and THEN you gotta let them bring in their Head Coach and build a staff.

You gotta do that sooner rather than later, because who you bring in is going to have a lot to do with how you approach the draft this spring.
My biggest fear is that they fire Bill then go back in house for his replacement, leaving the front office intact. Like if they fire Bill then hire Mayo. He's got zero experience, so he'll insulate himself with familiar faces and continue to do things the way Belichick did, which will keep them on this path to irrelevancy. He'll also value the same things Bill did, which at this point, you have to accept that the league has changed and those skills/positions are no longer key. You need new people with new ideas who understand the game of today and not the old way of doing it. But they'll f*** it up. Just watch. LOL

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You go with MJH. Keep Mac for his final year and draft a QB in the latter rounds or FA.

This entire team needs help on both sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24giovanni

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Keeping Mac would be insanity. He has no place and no future on this team and you can't let his attitude taint his successor. I'm not against going Harrison but you've got to get a top QB talent as well. Maybe the next GM would dare to trade up in a draft.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Why the heck would you keep Mac. Man some people really have a fetish with the guy. Hes terrible and isnt good to have a guy that’s jaded around. Need a new crew and start over

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Why the heck would you keep Mac. Man some people really have a fetish with the guy. Hes terrible and isnt good to have a guy that’s jaded around. Need a new crew and start over
They've convinced themselves its the handling of the player that is the issue and are ignoring his pre draft book. Ironically, he's living up to that book every game. Limited skills. Sub par arm strength. Not very athletic. Literally the opposite from what the position of QB has evolved into in this league. They need to move on because sadly, the mishandling has ruined him as a player, and his ceiling was pretty low to start with.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They've convinced themselves its the handling of the player that is the issue and are ignoring his pre draft book. Ironically, he's living up to that book every game. Limited skills. Sub par arm strength. Not very athletic. Literally the opposite from what the position of QB has evolved into in this league. They need to move on because sadly, the mishandling has ruined him as a player, and his ceiling was pretty low to start with.

He was an average QB in his rookie year and now doesn’t belong in the league. A ridiculous progression.

Reactions: LSCII

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Why would they keep Mac if they don't draft a QB in the draft?

Easy: Money.

He's cheap.

And if they don't draft Williams or Maye. They'll hopefully go MHJ. You can try to draft a QB in the latter rounds, but go and fill out your roster with as many top athletes you can because this team needs it.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Sat next to a Pat's fan at the game who had a lovely trifecta. His mother-in-law for Thanksgiving, MSG for Rags game, and then sitting at Met Life in the rain to watch that train wreck. WE both said 10-10 final at halftime :cool:

Someone should play that game 1000 times on Madden and if the Pats ran every single play they win 980 times 17-7. I realize color schemes are the same but Mac and Zappe both threw perfect passes to Giants defenders with no Pats even close.

My Jints, with now the 10th pick in the draft take some Guard from Eastern Carolina Ag and Tech while the Pats have a few QB's to chose from or maybe Marvin Harrison Jr.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Why would they keep Mac if they don't draft a QB in the draft?

Easy: Money.

He's cheap.

And if they don't draft Williams or Maye. They'll hopefully go MHJ. You can try to draft a QB in the latter rounds, but go and fill out your roster with as many top athletes you can because this team needs it.
Ah yes, cheap deadweight. Just what they need to rebuild. Mac's already gone, you just can't see it.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Ah yes, cheap deadweight. Just what they need to rebuild. Mac's already gone, you just can't see it.
Do you trust the Pats to do anything right?

Honest question. The last 2 years have been an absolute joke. From top to bottom. The entire organization should be ashamed.

But money is money. And it wouldn't shock me if they did keep him.

Not saying its right. They ruined Mac. He'll go to the Niners or somewhere else and be fine. But it's not just Mac who they ruined, a bunch of players took huge step backs. That's on Bill.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Buffalo could be a dangerous 6 or 7 seed in the AFC.

If they ever get their shit together…
As a Dolphin fan, I want them to lose every game possible. They are a talented, experienced, dangerous team. I could smell this one coming......and, I am worried when they play the Phins again both in the regular season and maybe the playoffs....

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
As a Dolphin fan, I want them to lose every game possible. They are a talented, experienced, dangerous team. I could smell this one coming......and, I am worried when they play the Phins again.
Definitely would not mind seeing Miami go on a run, but they’ve got to beat someone and prove that they belong at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad