OT: Other Sports Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
3rd and 6 and you can't get ANY pressure on Romo? Are we supposed to believe that the Dallas Offensive line is THIS good?

No.

Quite simply, today is the first day that Denver has faced any adversity and their Defense crumbled, big time.

The D-Line CAN'T get to the QB? That's frigging pathetic.

Tony Romo, who's known for making mental mistakes, and not only can you not get him to make a mistake and either fumble or throw an interception, but you allow him to throw for 500+ yards and 5+ TD's?

Pathetic.

If I were John Elway (yes, Elway, not Fox) I'd be telling the entire Defensive Coaching Staff and Players that this effort has ALL of their jobs ON NOTICE.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Woodyard and Chris Harris are out, right? So that makes a difference. But their fill-ins are definitely getting exposed this game. Good thing that Champ will be back next week and Von the week after. They need a serving of humble pie though, a lot of work left on this defense.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And another thing.

WHY is John Fox such a conservative play caller with the lead?

This game WASN'T "out of reach" coming out of Halftime, yet they decide to go with more run plays than I care to see.

Peyton is your offensive general, you need to have the game won or loss in HIS hands. Their "conservative" play calling also wasn't good.

Case in point, I'm watching this latest drive and they have TWO straight Run Plays...WHY? You're PISSING the game away.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Wow, an INT at the BEST possible time!
Now go ahead and take this win!

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Found a way to win.

And don't be worried about this defense. Missing 5 starters this game.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wow, the Broncos DID NOT deserve that win today, they got outplayed...but wide margin, in my opinion.

But a win is a win, and they have to re-focus for next week and make sure that they don't overlook the Jaguars.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I cannot wait for Von and Champ to return... un-freaking-believable how bad this defense has been.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Wow, the Broncos DID NOT deserve that win today, they got outplayed...but wide margin, in my opinion.

But a win is a win, and they have to re-focus for next week and make sure that they don't overlook the Jaguars.

Agreed. But who knows, maybe such a game is what the team needs to re-focus.
Good that they got away with it.

And now bring back the Avs!!! :)

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

OH yeah Julius Thomas with another huge game.

122 yds and 2 TD's

Love his game.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
A lot of people underestimate the holes that were put in the defense with the losses of Harris, Woody, and Ayers. Not to mention Von and Champ were already not playing.

They were bad today...but a healthy Broncos defense isnt that bad and probably actually pretty decent.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Ugh....

I, again, had a monstrous lead after my games are done and am once again staring down either a Tie or a Loss....

43 point lead and all he has to play is a Team Defense, Boldin and Gates and what does SF do? Get a Pick-6....come the "F" on!

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Ugh....

I, again, had a monstrous lead after my games are done and am once again staring down either a Tie or a Loss....

43 point lead and all he has to play is a Team Defense, Boldin and Gates and what does SF do? Get a Pick-6....come the "F" on!

Ouch...

I have a 64 point lead and still have Matt Ryan to play. Im already at 124 points lol

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005

You do realize that they scored 51 points and the only two drives that didn't end in turnovers ended in points, right? They didn't punt a single time. So how exactly did Dallas outplay them? Much less by a wide margin? How did Dallas deserve to win this game when they couldn't stop a nosebleed themselves?

The Broncos need only get healthy on defense and play one more game to get their best defensive player back from suspension and all will be fine. Hopefully Woodyard and the criminally underrated Chris Harris are good to go soon.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
You do realize that they scored 51 points and the only two drives that didn't end in turnovers ended in points, right? They didn't punt a single time. So how exactly did Dallas outplay them? Much less by a wide margin? How did Dallas deserve to win this game when they couldn't stop a nosebleed themselves?

The Broncos need only get healthy on defense and play one more game to get their best defensive player back from suspension and all will be fine. Hopefully Woodyard and the criminally underrated Chris Harris are good to go soon.

Agreed

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Just my opinion, but this was a Dallas team that the Phillip Rivers-led SD Chargers beat up on. The Denver Defense (not the offense) made Tony frigging Romo look like a better version of Peyton Manning, which is difficult because Peyton looked like a better version of himself in today's game as well.

I know that the defense was missing starters, but after the first half was done Coach Fox seemed to play more conservative with his offensive play calling. There were more run plays that seemed unnecessary, and the game wasn't truly out of reach, and that led to Dallas taking the lead.

Denver was lucky to get out of Dallas with a victory today, and every Defensive player should be looking themselves in the mirror and asking how they let a team like Dallas come so close to beating them...because if they had lost, they would've dropped to 2nd in the Division.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Stole that game like thieves in the night. Thank god we get Jax at home next week as a confidence builder for @ Indy in 2 weeks.

Loved Peyton's bootleg TD.

And until KC beats someone worthwhile I'm not scared.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Just my opinion, but this was a Dallas team that the Phillip Rivers-led SD Chargers beat up on. The Denver Defense (not the offense) made Tony frigging Romo look like a better version of Peyton Manning, which is difficult because Peyton looked like a better version of himself in today's game as well.

I know that the defense was missing starters, but after the first half was done Coach Fox seemed to play more conservative with his offensive play calling. There were more run plays that seemed unnecessary, and the game wasn't truly out of reach, and that led to Dallas taking the lead.

Denver was lucky to get out of Dallas with a victory today, and every Defensive player should be looking themselves in the mirror and asking how they let a team like Dallas come so close to beating them...because if they had lost, they would've dropped to 2nd in the Division.

1st, Denver had 5 starters out on defense including our 2 best corners and our two best linebackers.

2nd Dallas has a good offense, especially at home.

3rd Dallas is significantly better at home then on the road. So you can't compare our game with the one SD played against them at home cause Dallas is awful on the road.

In two weeks when our defense is finally healthy and we get Von back, we will be scary. Dallas played as well as physically possible today scored 48 pts at home and we found a way to win. They don't ask how, they ask did you win and we won. We are 5-0 that's all that matters.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
And until KC beats someone worthwhile I'm not scared.

The problem is KC isn't going to play anyone worthwhile. Look at their schedule and you won't even see 5 games they might lose. Indy and Denver twice are about the only tests they have. Sure they may drop a stupid one to a division team or someone else they should beat but adding that all up to more than 5 is quite difficult. Good news is 5-0 team's make the playoffs 90% of the time so one of us should win the division and one the wild card in the worst case scenario but I absolutely don't want to get into a situation where the Broncos are fighting for a wild card. I know the offense looks unstoppable and they haven't lost yet so no reason to worry now. But this KC issue isn't going away and will present a real problem should the Broncos drop a game they shouldn't.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
1st, Denver had 5 starters out on defense including our 2 best corners and our two best linebackers.

2nd Dallas has a good offense, especially at home.

3rd Dallas is significantly better at home then on the road. So you can't compare our game with the one SD played against them at home cause Dallas is awful on the road.

In two weeks when our defense is finally healthy and we get Von back, we will be scary. Dallas played as well as physically possible today scored 48 pts at home and we found a way to win. They don't ask how, they ask did you win and we won. We are 5-0 that's all that matters.

Well, before they lost Harris, Woodyard and Ayers they looked like crap.

I WANT Denver to do well. I'll freely admit that it's because I'm a huge Peyton fan, also, for Fantasy Football purposes I have the Broncos D/ST.

But I won't apologize for the atrociousness that the Broncos defense played today.

I stand by what I said, they were lucky to escape Dallas with a victory today.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The problem is KC isn't going to play anyone worthwhile. Look at their schedule and you won't even see 5 games they might lose. Indy and Denver twice are about the only tests they have. Sure they may drop a stupid one to a division team or someone else they should beat but adding that all up to more than 5 is quite difficult. Good news is 5-0 team's make the playoffs 90% of the time so one of us should win the division and one the wild card in the worst case scenario but I absolutely don't want to get into a situation where the Broncos are fighting for a wild card. I know the offense looks unstoppable and they haven't lost yet so no reason to worry now. But this KC issue isn't going away and will present a real problem should the Broncos drop a game they shouldn't.

After watching today's game there isn't a game that scares me. We played a team that played out of their minds scored 48 pts at home and we still found a way to win.

KC doesn't scare me, they won't be able to keep up when we play them. We will hang at least 35 on them, and they can't score that many. Alex Smith might be the most over-rated guy in the NFL, he is still just a game manager much like Kyle Orton just more mobile.

The only games on the schedule that even worry me are Indy on the road and NE on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad