OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Jokic is truly special. Already a top twenty player of all time and if things continue likely a top ten candidate as well. I am not sure there is an argument for anyone but him being the best athlete to ever play in Denver.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Longevity would be the concern for top five if decides he just wants to be around his horses. Arguably he will have a top-five peak and depending on how many rings he ends up he can get on the level of a Tim Duncan or Kobe in terms of playoff greats. What is understated about Jokic is how much he has transformed the game and ushered in positionless basketball at the highest level. He is already the best offensive big man ever which is saying a lot due to how dominant bigs were early in the NBA.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoRox89

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
IMG_6603.png

Broncos schedule dropped. Was not expecting an away game in Seattle again so soon. How much would this team make me regret paying way too much money to go down and see them this time?

Reactions: AvsWraith

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Rockies have won 7 in a row now. Two straight sweeps.

Any talk of Jokic retiring early is silly. His next contract extension will be worth 404M. Doesn't matter who you are, nobody wants to go home and tell their spouse they said no to 400 million dollars.

And he'll probably have two more multi-year offers after that one expires if he wants them. The man has said himself that he believes his purpose in life is to spread joy to others through basketball. As much as he tries to put on the stoic, nonchalant front he truly loves basketball and he can become a multi-billionaire while he does it. As long as his body allows him to play at a high level he's going to keep playing.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
View attachment 871405
Broncos schedule dropped. Was not expecting an away game in Seattle again so soon. How much would this team make me regret paying way too much money to go down and see them this time?
Seattle might be the only away game on the whole schedule I’d be interested in going to. Every other non-division away foe is in the armpits of America. Bummer. Maybe this is the year I go see them in Vegas - the raiders suck but that stadium is legit awesome.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Seattle might be the only away game on the whole schedule I’d be interested in going to. Every other non-division away foe is in the armpits of America. Bummer. Maybe this is the year I go see them in Vegas - the raiders suck but that stadium is legit awesome.
Seattle is definitely worth the trip if you’re going for a few days. It’s spending what it would cost for a day trip that I’m a little sketchy on if they’re just going to be terrible. They come out this way so rarely and I didn’t get the chance in 22 so definitely leaning that way

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Seattle is definitely worth the trip if you’re going for a few days. It’s spending what it would cost for a day trip that I’m a little sketchy on if they’re just going to be terrible. They come out this way so rarely and I didn’t get the chance in 22 so definitely leaning that way
Yeah I was only in Seattle a very short time but it’s a beautiful city. Still seems crazy to me that Tacoma is not that far away and that town is a total shithole.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah I was only in Seattle a very short time but it’s a beautiful city. Still seems crazy to me that Tacoma is not that far away and that town is a total shithole.
What's amazing to me about Seattle is how quickly the traffic actually moves barring any major accidents. I went down for a month last year for radiation therapy at the SCCA. M-F first thing in the morning at 8am. I rented an apartment up on Queen Anne and I swear it never took me more than 10 minutes to get over to the hospital on the other side of the lake/inlet/whatever.

Also, while I'm not necessarily politically aligned with the average bear in Seattle, the people couldn't be cooler. So many great conversations struck up with complete strangers that month, many at restaurants while watching hockey. Seems the locals were really jazzed with the rail system getting out to the practice facility.

[edit...My sister graduated from PLU in Tacoma back in the late 90s. She spent the last two years abroad in Norway because she hated Tacoma but didn't want to change colleges and deal with credit transfer BS.]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad