OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

It's a lot to give up, but I don't care about the players going the other way.

Basically 4th year TE in fant plus 2 firsts and 2 seconds. Locke is t anything special. Between him and Eason for the job.

hard to imagine that the least talented QB in a division is Derek Carr.

think he would be the best in the current NFC South, and possibly a toss up with Dak for the nfc East and better than Tanny for the afc South.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
He better not drop the ball anymore.

Didn’t he only have 1 official drop this year? Seemed like he made a big improvement over his rookie year.

I’m surprised we got to keep all our WRs/Javonte/Surtain/Chubb. Would have guessed Seattle would have pushed for an extra 1st if we didn’t have to include any of them.

Harris is solid, Fant was disappointing and Lock sucked. Honestly pretty great trade by Denver.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I actually like the deal except for the draft picks part......

the team was super on the fence about Fant's 5th year option already....they were never going to pay Shelby Harris what he actually deserves (which sucks because I am a big Shelby Harris fan but for some reason this team doesn't want to give the man what he is worth)......Lock is just a throw in....I don't think they legimitally had long term plans for ANY of the players they dealt. All three of them were going to be gone from this roster in 1 year anyways.

The interior of our DL without Harris is a huge gaping hole (as well as ILB). This team's biggest needs now are in the core of it's defense and RT.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Just remember the Bengals, with a bunch of holes all over their roster, were a few minutes away from winning a title because they had an elite QB and a good system-driven D that took away what the opponent wanted to do most. Their O-line was garbage, their best TE was hurt, their receivers were good but nothing that the Broncos can't match and the Broncos have better talent on D. And they were almost champions.

This trade has to get you fired up if you are a Broncos fan.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Didn’t he only have 1 official drop this year? Seemed like he made a big improvement over his rookie year.

I’m surprised we got to keep all our WRs/Javonte/Surtain/Chubb. Would have guessed Seattle would have pushed for an extra 1st if we didn’t have to include any of them.

Harris is solid, Fant was disappointing and Lock sucked. Honestly pretty great trade by Denver.

I'm being mostly facetious, I'm sure he'll clean it up.

Melvin Gordon, however, won't.

Anyway, enough snark from me for the next ten minutes or so, I'm finally excited for a new Broncos season in I don't know how long.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I'm being mostly facetious, I'm sure he'll clean it up.

Melvin Gordon, however, won't.

Anyway, enough snark from me for the next ten minutes or so, I'm finally excited for a new Broncos season in I don't know how long.
Every season since Manning I gave myself reasons to be optimistic and hopeful only to have that completely backfire and I just was crushed.

I feel like my excitement for the upcoming year is actually reasonable now

Reactions: Pokecheque

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I will say, it’s kind of crazy that we have Russell Wilson and he may be the 3rd best QB best QB in the division. I mean the fact that Carr is the worst QB in the division by a decent margin is also wild.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I mean, kind of rude to your recent quarterbacks, but no less true. These boys will feast with Russ.

Avaholics Anonymous

Sep 16, 2015
Columbus, OH
Wowwwww, just found out about the Wilson trade! I'm so happy we aren't getting Rodgers, I would have had to retire from my fandom or root for another team if it actually happened.

Today is turning out to be pretty awesome, and I still get to see Killswitch Engage, August Burns Red, and Light the Torch in a few hours :)

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
20220308_150837.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad