OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Mammoth won tonight.

If they win out they might still have a shot to get into the playoffs, and then anything can happen (they won the championship from the bottom seed two years ago and last year came up one win short of a repeat, also from the bottom seed).

Four games left, gotta win them all. They haven't missed the playoffs since 2010.

Reactions: Pokecheque

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Will the Rockies be on cable this year? I was told to wait until the regular starts and they would announce a cable option…

We are a couple days out and no news

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Will the Rockies be on cable this year? I was told to wait until the regular starts and they would announce a cable option…

It would be cool if they offered to air some games to local broadcasts for free. It would be increase viewership and entices casual people to pull the trigger for Rockies.tv.

I'm probably going to subscribe to Rockies.tv because it's one of those streaming services I've been begging for and maybe it it's successful, Kroenke could follow suit (just kidding, it won't).

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets injury report tonight:
Jokic - questionable (back/hip)
Murray - questionable (ankle)
Porter - questionable (illness)
Gordon - questionable (foot)
Nnaji - out (thigh/back)
Cancar - out (knee surgery)

Additionally, it's unlikely Gillespie will play since he has to sit at least four of the remaining eleven games due to the 50 active game limitation on two-way contract players.

If all four questionable guys and Gillespie don't play, it's gonna be an ugly game even against the similarly injured Grizzlies. Our remaining lineup:
Reggie/Pickett
KCP/Strawther
Braun/Holiday/Tyson
Watson/Key
Jordan/Huff

I'm taking my nephews to the game tonight so for their sake I hope at least Joker plays. The eight year old will not take it well if he doesn't.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm taking my nephews to the game tonight so for their sake I hope at least Joker plays. The eight year old will not take it well if he doesn't.
If you get there early enough maybe your nephews can sign some 10 day contracts and contribute…….That injury list is ugly.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
If you get there early enough maybe your nephews can sign some 10 day contracts and contribute…….That injury list is ugly.
Not as ugly as the one Memphis turned in, to be fair.

Out for Memphis:
Yuta Watanabe
Luke Kennard
Derrick Rose
Ja Morant
Ziaire Williams
Marcus Smart

Doubtful for Memphis:
Brandon Clarke
John Konchar
Vince Williams Jr

Questionable for Memphis:
Lamar Stevens
Jake LaRavia
Desmond Bane

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

They made it pretty clear no broadcast partners. To watch them it's streaming only through MLB with no blackouts except for national broadcast games. I doubt there will be many of those.

I sure hope they are working with KSE to get a local OTA option going soon. Comcast is dead to everyone.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I can’t believe MPJ is the most normal one in his family and he has a tattoo of his younger self sitting with Jesus.

Reactions: dahrougem2

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Just watched some Jayden Daniels highlights, if we traded to get him, there's no way our o-line allows that kind of time and space for him to do his thing.
We'll never draft him. Complete opposite of what Payton looks for in a QB. If we draft someone it will be a guy that throws on time and accurately. Not an improvisor. We literally just cut an improvisor in Wilson, highly doubt they go down that route again.

The most likely candidates are Nix or McCarthy. Maye also fits the bill but most likely won't be available where we draft.

My guess is Nix as he is the most likely to available without completely selling the farm. Nix could easily be viewed as Brees light.

Reactions: BobRossColton

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So, not that I care that much about another NBA team but...what's up with Boston? That was a massively embarrassing loss last night.
My understanding is that all of their problems can be traced back to the late 80s when they traded Danny Ainge, Kevin McHale started getting into more serious injury history, and both Bird and Parrish were beginning to fight father time.

They just haven't done shit since. I'm convinced 2008 was an anomaly from a parallel universe that bled over.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
At this point it's almost a sure thing that Jokic will finish this season leading the NBA in VORP, BPM, WS/48, and PER for the fourth season in a row.

The only other guys to lead the NBA in all four categories four or more years in a row were LeBron (5 seasons from 2009-13), Jordan (6 seasons from 1988-93), and Kareem (4 seasons from 1975-79).

Reactions: GeoRox89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad