OT: Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
So, what if this Florida opening comes down to Jim McElwain and Josh McDaniels? Talk about brutal irony; Jim is a bright spot of recent coaching changes in Colorado sports, while McDaniels is the exact opposite (not sure there's any validity to the rumor of him being a candidate, but I sure hope he is so we can watch that program implode - and keep Jim).

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
So, what if this Florida opening comes down to Jim McElwain and Josh McDaniels? Talk about brutal irony; Jim is a bright spot of recent coaching changes in Colorado sports, while McDaniels is the exact opposite (not sure there's any validity to the rumor of him being a candidate, but I sure hope he is so we can watch that program implode - and keep Jim).

Please go to Nebraska Josh.:sarcasm:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Jim McElwain to Florida seems almost 100% right now. Sucks ass, guy will probably not even stick around for the bowl game.

At least I take solace in the fact he will be fired within three years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Jim McElwain to Florida seems almost 100% right now. Sucks ass, guy will probably not even stick around for the bowl game.

At least I take solace in the fact he will be fired within three years.

No coach ever should stick around for a bowl game... it is always a huge distraction. Just let the team move on.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I understand the distraction part but why wouldn't a team want their coach to coach the bowl game? So it's "here you had a great season, let your assistants do it!" I really don't get NCAA football.
It's the coach. The coach would want to start on recruiting with his new school.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
No. No. No. Noooooooooooo.

I ain't hearing this from a Red Sox fan either. ;)

Red Sox fan doesn't always equal Patriots fan. (FTR I am not a Patriots fan)

Believe it or not, there are much worse teams that can go/win a SB...like I said, any NY team, and I NEVER want to see Kaepernick or Harbaugh raise that trophy

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I understand the distraction part but why wouldn't a team want their coach to coach the bowl game? So it's "here you had a great season, let your assistants do it!" I really don't get NCAA football.

It becomes a distraction and the coach doesn't care enough to put in his all. He is already too busy recruiting for the other team and lining up assistant coaches. It just never ends well.

It is like a divorce... Just end it quickly.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Doesn't help anybody to be half in, half out.

I get that part but it's like in the NFL would the coach leave before the Super Bowl? No they wait and interview after.

For 95% of schools getting in a bowl game is the absolute best you can hope for in your season. So to have that accomplishment, especially a team like CSU where it's a damn good accomplishment to get that and then to pretty much say "good job boys but I'm off to my better job now" is ridiculous.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The New York Yankees and their 26 World Championships say "Hello!"

That's like the Habs, Oilers or Islanders hanging their hat on their Cups. I know the Yankees have won it somewhat recently, the a Giants twice obviously but there is a lot more suck they've had to wear.

Trust me, I'm not a fan of NY sports either but it doesn't even approach my hate for Boston.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Red Sox fan doesn't always equal Patriots fan. (FTR I am not a Patriots fan)

Believe it or not, there are much worse teams that can go/win a SB...like I said, any NY team, and I NEVER want to see Kaepernick or Harbaugh raise that trophy

When the giants win superbowls, it's in epic fashion. I don't get why neutrals would not enjoy giants' runs for the entertainment factor alone. And that doesn't even get into how sad Giants' SB runs always make Brady along the way.

Plus the Knicks are so hopelessly ****ed that if they ever win again it'd be mean not to cheer them on, like if the leafs ever gets their **** together enough to stumble into a cup. I can't explain how much Isiah sucked, nor can I explain how much even worse it was to see Dolan get his incompetent fat fingers involved to push out and undo all of donnie walsh's good work. And that after having had to watch Jordan beat down my childhood from the city he did it in.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
When the giants win superbowls, it's in epic fashion. I don't get why neutrals would not enjoy giants' runs for the entertainment factor alone. And that doesn't even get into how sad Giants' SB runs always make Brady along the way.
Lingering hatred Coughlin.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dinosaur's adorable, who could hate him?...other than tiki barber and most of the guys who played for him in jacksonville...

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Dinosaur's adorable, who could hate him?...other than tiki barber and most of the guys who played for him in jacksonville...

The 1996 playoff loss I don't care about. After getting clown pounded here in the playoffs in 1997 he had the Gaul say they "would have won if Widdel hadn't fumbled."

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The 1996 playoff loss I don't care about. After getting clown pounded here in the playoffs in 1997 he had the Gaul say they "would have won if Widdel hadn't fumbled."

Dinosaur's gunna dinosaur. The man never accepts that his team couldn't have gotten their **** together and played harder to pull it off if his team doesn't flat out suck, like this year's iteration. And though the broncos put that game away in spectacular fashion, that isn't to say there isn't an alternate universe where it was the jags that turned it up in the 4th to decide it.

Plus while Coughlin was never young, I'm convinced he was born ~55, he has grown and changed since his early jacksonville days, that's part of what I love about the old-timer.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Dinosaur's gunna dinosaur. The man never accepts that his team couldn't have gotten their **** together and played harder to pull it off if his team doesn't flat out suck, like this year's iteration. And though the broncos put that game away in spectacular fashion, that isn't to say there isn't an alternate universe where it was the jags that turned it up in the 4th to decide it.

Yes. Bizzaro World.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Plus the Knicks are so hopelessly ****ed that if they ever win again it'd be mean not to cheer them on, like if the leafs ever gets their **** together enough to stumble into a cup. I can't explain how much Isiah sucked, nor can I explain how much even worse it was to see Dolan get his incompetent fat fingers involved to push out and undo all of donnie walsh's good work. And that after having had to watch Jordan beat down my childhood from the city he did it in.

I can't explain the east coast bias hate to those that are not part of it. The ONLY good thing about those Super Bowls was the Pats losing. Nobody outside of NY ever wants to see them win. It's the same thing as LA. If they win a championship with a crappy record it doesn't mean they are underdogs. There has to be some reason for affection other than being better than crappy for once.

You don't want Tommy to get fired? Isn't he about close to the end of the line now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I can't explain the east coast bias hate to those that are not part of it. The ONLY good thing about those Super Bowls was the Pats losing. Nobody outside of NY ever wants to see them win. It's the same thing as LA. If they win a championship with a crappy record it doesn't mean they are underdogs. There has to be some reason for affection other than being better than crappy for once.

You don't want Tommy to get fired? Isn't he about close to the end of the line now.

Yeah that doesn't make too much sense to me, I get hating the yankees, I even get hating the jets cause that organization is run by attention-seeking douchemongers, but not the giants. Plus I know people outside of NY who enjoyed watching the giants 2007 run and were rooting for them along the way, so, no not everyone but new yorkers hate nyc teams.

Admittedly I'm a big city person, I was born in berlin, grew up there and in chicago, and NYC has always reminded me of my hometown. I love beautiful nature, but only for so long or I get bored and want to be in a real city.

And I don't want coughlin to get fired. I want his DC to be fired and for our GM to hire the next guy like he did at OC last summer, as I don't trust Coughlin's coordinator hires, but I still want the dinosaur to stick around because I think he's a very good head coach who's going to be a hall of famer with could cause.

Eli has 1 more superbowl in him if we can rebuild this team, and we're on our way to rebuilding the offense, so if dinosaur sticks around while we fix up the defense and finish the offense I'd love for them to go for #3 together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad