OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
he is, but Kevin Love would be an enormous step up and would really build credibility to this club (and maybe create Denver as a FA destination)

Kevin Love is obviously better than Gary Harris but he's a clear second tier guy. He's not going to draw guys to come make a superteam. He'd make the Nuggets a sure playoff team but still probably end up losing in the first round.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Kubiak is coming back as a scouting guy for the Broncos.

Pretty happy about this. Gary's been kind of thrown under the bus since he left but I always felt like he was one of the good guys in the league. His offensive scheme just didn't seem to really fit anymore, especially with chop blocking illegal now.

I still give him tons of credit for finding a capable starter in Trevor when no one else even had him on their draft board. I think he'll be a great asset to the teams scouting dept and I'm really glad they found a low stress job for him where he's able to continue being a Bronco.

Interesting question - does he belong in the Ring of Fame?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rockies got Neshek, who's great, for bunch of young guys with solid potential.

Great trade, Bridich should stick to trades instead of spending money.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Kubiak makes the ring of fame for sure.

Looks like the Rockies made a decent trade. I'm excited to watch them down the stretch.

Who did I make the "Rockies won't be over .500 June 1st" bet with? Look at them now. Well over .500! Glad I listened to the JWK hype.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Kubiak makes the ring of fame for sure.

Looks like the Rockies made a decent trade. I'm excited to watch them down the stretch.

Who did I make the "Rockies won't be over .500 June 1st" bet with? Look at them now. Well over .500! Glad I listened to the JWK hype.

They're a year early too, next season was the season the Rockies contend for a playoff spot.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think the bet was with me. I'm the ultimate Rockies downer. Can't tell you how many years of season tickets we had and just let down every single stupid year. Our tickets were 10 rows behind the Rockies dugout. Peter Coors was sitting in the first row of our section. Had those tickets from day one of the franchise.

Just felt like we were stuffing the Monforts pockets over and over again every year. And to be honest I still feel that all of this success today is in spite of their ownership. I have zero respect for Rockies management at the top. Probably always will.

(See......I'm definitely a downer lol)

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I think the bet was with me. I'm the ultimate Rockies downer. Can't tell you how many years of season tickets we had and just let down every single stupid year. Our tickets were 10 rows behind the Rockies dugout. Peter Coors was sitting in the first row of our section. Had those tickets from day one of the franchise.

Just felt like we were stuffing the Monforts pockets over and over again every year. And to be honest I still feel that all of this success today is in spite of their ownership. I have zero respect for Rockies management at the top. Probably always will.

At least not owned by Kroenke

canadiensen4

Jun 18, 2009
Help needed for a sports fan

Hi Guys,

I'm a Montreal sport fan coming for a sports and beer trip to Colorado in September and October. I plan to go to the Rockies vs Dodgers on Sept 29, Montreal Impact vs Rapids on 30th and to see Raiders vs Broncos on Oct 1. I'll finish my trip with Ducks vs Avs on Friday Oct 13.

The problem is I tought tickets for Broncos would be released today but it was a 2016 press release and obviously there's no ticket left since they are on sale since Wednesday. I'm looking for 2 tickets for that game. I don't care really where I sit but I'm not really looking for expensive tickets. So if you know someone who is willing to sell at cost, I could help for tickets in Montreal for any sports if needed or bring some Quebec great beer (basically any beer from the province on request). I'm just looking for help for the hockey community because it's the only one I know really.

In fact, I only have tickets for the soccer game but Baseball tickets seems really easy to get and Avs are not on sale yet if I'm correct. If you can help me for anything it would be appreciated. General information about Colorado Sports scene would also be appreciated (where to tailgate, where to watch a game (bar/restaurant), etc.).

Thanks a lot and now I shift my focus to Great American Beer Festival since I don't want to miss the ticket sale for this after my mistake with Broncos.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Oakland-Denver is going to be expensive. It's like buying a Montreal-Toronto ot Montreal-Ottawa ticket.

If it makes you feel any better I tried like crazy to buy tickets when they came out and only ended up with a preseason game.

canadiensen4

Jun 18, 2009
Oakland-Denver is going to be expensive. It's like buying a Montreal-Toronto ot Montreal-Ottawa ticket.

If it makes you feel any better I tried like crazy to buy tickets when they came out and only ended up with a preseason game.

From your experience and what you know about ticket price and demand for that game, how much would cost the worst seat for the event?

And also if I can't attend because of price, do you have an idea of a good plan to get the Broncos NFL game vibe? Like maybe attend tailgate and go watch the game in a good bar or place?

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
At least not owned by Kroenke

The Kroenkes have:
-1 Stanley Cup ring (the team was turn-key when they bought them but still)
-Multiple fancy european soccer honors since buying Arsenal
-1 MLS Cup ring
-1 NLL Championship ring
-1 Arena Bowl ring (as a minority owner with Elway and Bowlen)
-1 Super Bowl ring (as a 40% owner when Georgia Frontierre owned the Rams)

The Monforts have:
DUIs and a collection of ridiculous media quotes

JWK

Mar 27, 2010

When's the last time you heard from the Monforts since Bridich took over?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
From your experience and what you know about ticket price and demand for that game, how much would cost the worst seat for the event?

And also if I can't attend because of price, do you have an idea of a good plan to get the Broncos NFL game vibe? Like maybe attend tailgate and go watch the game in a good bar or place?

there is a huge jumbotron outside of the stadium at the Noble stand where you can watch the game. Also, Mile High Station is in the parking lot and is a good place to watch the game. Honestly though, Denver is a huge football town and you can pretty much watch the game anywhere and it will be lively.

I'd expect tickets to be in the $160/each range. Face value is around $70 but expect to pay way more than that. Prices will decrease the closer you get to the game, and if you buy a ticket in the middle of the game it could be really cheap.

The Broncos and NFL have instituted a policy now where the only way to transfer tickets electronically is through the NFL Ticket Exchange website. So a few caveats with that - 1) obviously if you want to buy last minute, you're forced to only use the ticket exchange 2) if you want to buy in advance, you can use Stubhub and other sites but you will need to buy enough in advance for a physical ticket to be mailed to you. And you do risk counterfeit tickets but stubhub I think guarantees the tix and 3) the Broncos now track who has been selling tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange and have removed season tickets from a lot of folks who were selling their tickets every single game. It's a very controversial thing right now, but I can tell you existing season ticket holders are very afraid of losing their tickets and while I can't predict what will happen to ticket sales this year - I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there won't be as many tickets for sale in the 2017-2018 market as there have been in seasons past. That may drive demand and prices up.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
When's the last time you heard from the Monforts since Bridich took over?

Never heard from them throughout their ownership, except when they were in front of the press apologizing for drinking & driving. They're realllll exceptional guys.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Never heard from them throughout their ownership, except when they were in front of the press apologizing for drinking & driving. They're realllll exceptional guys.
Ok?

They actually interfered a lot of moves when O'Dowd is in the charge, haven't heard anything from them since Bridich took over.

Let me ask you, do you know what they did with the minor league teams or are you one of those people that just bring up the "SPEND THE MONEY ON A PITCHER INSTEAD OF MACARONI GRILL or PARTY DECK!!!" when saying Monforts are terrible without doing any meaningful research?

There's a lot to ***** about the Monforts in the past decade, but they haven't been the issue for the past couple of years.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Ok?

They actually interfered a lot of moves when O'Dowd is in the charge, haven't heard anything from them since Bridich took over.

Let me ask you, do you know what they did with the minor league teams or are you one of those people that just bring up the "SPEND THE MONEY ON A PITCHER INSTEAD OF MACARONI GRILL or PARTY DECK!!!" when saying Monforts are terrible without doing any meaningful research?

There's a lot to ***** about the Monforts in the past decade, but they haven't been the issue for the past couple of years.

If you went through about 10 miserable seasons of paying tens of thousands of dollars out of your own pocket you'd see where I'm coming from, but that's not possible here. When I was a Rockies fan in the past and burnt by the team, I wasn't just a casual viewer, and I didn't just watch them on TV from the bar. I didn't go to a game every now and then. We were in it from day one on the ticket line signing up when the team was announced. I watched them play in Mile High, was there for the McGwire/Sosa All-Star game, and almost got hit by broken bats about 3 times. I was there for pretty much the entire Dan O'Dowd era, and became so incredibly frustrated that we swore we'd never go to a game again. There's about zero chance of convincing me of how great these owners are, given the history I have with the team. I've got plenty of "research" on the Monforts. Have you ever been to a game and sat next to their family? I have... A debate on an internet board isn't going to change my mind. Appreciate the effort though.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
If you went through about 10 miserable seasons of paying tens of thousands of dollars out of your own pocket you'd see where I'm coming from, but that's not possible here. When I was a Rockies fan in the past and burnt by the team, I wasn't just a casual viewer, and I didn't just watch them on TV from the bar. I didn't go to a game every now and then. We were in it from day one on the ticket line signing up when the team was announced. I watched them play in Mile High, was there for the McGwire/Sosa All-Star game, and almost got hit by broken bats about 3 times. I was there for pretty much the entire Dan O'Dowd era, and became so incredibly frustrated that we swore we'd never go to a game again. There's about zero chance of convincing me of how great these owners are, given the history I have with the team. I've got plenty of "research" on the Monforts. Have you ever been to a game and sat next to their family? I have... A debate on an internet board isn't going to change my mind. Appreciate the effort though.
That's great, I spend a lot my money to watch the team as well. You're the not the only one that sat through the Dan O'dowd era.

I'm pretty sure you said you were a Cubs fan last year so it's not like you're doing something dramatic by not going to any Rockies game.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Kroenkes have:
-1 MLS Cup ring
-1 NLL Championship ring

The Monforts have:

They've gave Greeley and the Rockies the same odor.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Shane Ray got hurt yesterday. Out 6-8 weeks.

Booker is out 6 weeks also.

And I don't think Barrett is practicing yet.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
The Kroenkes have:
-1 MLS Cup ring
-1 NLL Championship ring

The Monforts have:

Monforts haven't really been impressive but every team the Kroenke's have owned has gotten worse since they bought them.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Dan Reeves is up there.

If that's the baseline, we should be discussing Ken Bell and Mitch Berger.

Lol true.

I did ask a few others and they made a good pt - if kubiak was to go in, shanahan should be before him. I think I could agree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad