OT: Other Sports 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
You just don’t wanna give this Twins team any kind of life. You know this is gonna be HUGE for them if they can sweep this double header as far as gaining confidence and momentum. Sox blew their opportunity to win game 1. Very disappointing performance by our team today, had a chance to bury the Twins and build a bigger lead on CLE.
:laugh:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Sheets, Engel, Vaughn, whoever. I’m fine with those RF options.

If we add a bat at 2B and get Eloy, Robert, and Grandal back then the lineup will be set 1-9.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Indians lost to Astros 4-3

Sox lead increases to 8.5 now
I'll say it. The division is over. Sox win. The rest of the season doesnt mean much. Homegirls would b nice, but I don't think it matters that much in baseball. Get/stay healthy and hopefully add a piece or two but there's not going to be much drama until the playoffs.

And for those worried about the record vs winning teams... I understand that, but at the same time a winning record vs winning teams doesn't promise anything either. I don't put a lot of faith in it either way to be honest.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sheets is ok inRF....especialkt when if you calculate hoscoffensive left bat with power toba 600 at bat season his production pace isxa whipoingv61xhomers and 171 RBIs..

I think we want a RF who can do that ...

Also I think as he gets more mlb experience he will up the average..
IF HE can get it to. .260-.270 with those power numbers of Homer's and RBIs then I am fine with hom staying and pkaying RF. For years to cone .

They keep saying Vaughn will up his average and hit for more power as he gets more mlb experience...hop so...but Sheets has tge power laugh already...Monster power abd from tge left side. Which tgeyvsorelyvlacked esoecialky with Mpncada's power having dropped so badly since he got Covid and has yet never rely gotten that powe he once had back.

Robert and Jimmmenez will bring more Right Bat power back to the fold...butcthey need shedts for that lefty power given Moncada still not back to pre-Covid power level and Grandal out...

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Great news Eloy and Luis are getting close to returning - it will be like 2 huge TDL deals. Then Grandal before the end of the season. With the exception of Madrigal, they will have the lineup we hoped they would have all season. Keeping figers crossed Eloy, Luis and Yas come back strong and don't take to long to regain their form. I'm fine with Engel in RF, Luis in CF and do a righty/lefty platoon with Vaughn and Sheets in LF. Eloy at DH (only please). Get back to using Garcia as utility infielder. The only hole is 2B which would be nice to get Escobar from AZ to use as a rental this season with Madrigal back next season (more than Frazier which would be a longer term commitment and probably cost more to get him).

But, with the injured troops on the way - I think it's more important to get a stud 7th/8th inning guy than a 2B man. Ideally get both - but if only one is possible - get the late inning reliever.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Great news Eloy and Luis are getting close to returning - it will be like 2 huge TDL deals. Then Grandal before the end of the season. With the exception of Madrigal, they will have the lineup we hoped they would have all season. Keeping figers crossed Eloy, Luis and Yas come back strong and don't take to long to regain their form. I'm fine with Engel in RF, Luis in CF and do a righty/lefty platoon with Vaughn and Sheets in LF. Eloy at DH (only please). Get back to using Garcia as utility infielder. The only hole is 2B which would be nice to get Escobar from AZ to use as a rental this season with Madrigal back next season (more than Frazier which would be a longer term commitment and probably cost more to get him).

But, with the injured troops on the way - I think it's more important to get a stud 7th/8th inning guy than a 2B man. Ideally get both - but if only one is possible - get the late inning reliever.

Both should be possible. I definitely want some bullpen help but I also want Adam Frazier(because he’s got an almost identical offensive skillset to Madrigal).

This lineup would be outstanding for a post season run:

TA SS
Frazier 2B
Moncada 3B
Abreu 1B
Eloy DH
Grandal C
Robert CF
Vaughn LF
Engel RF

Next season you can move Frazier to RF and put Madrigal back at 2B

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Im not even a big yoan fan but hes signed for 3 more years with a club option for like 15 a year. Great deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad