OT: Other Sports 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Unwritten rules make sense to a degree.

Don't be an jackass and try to bunt to end a perfect game.

Don't step on the mound as a baserunner.

Don't gloat too much and show up a pitcher.

But the nonsense about when and where it's appropriate to score runs? f*** off.

I mean, those are faaaaaaaaaaaar different than "Don't score runs because you're already up by too many." You can never score too many.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
What f***ing nonsense. f*** the "unwritten rules". Baseball needs to evolve past these dinosaurs already.
Agree. This is absurd. We're talking about a career minor leaguer who finally makes the show, and is scraping to do anything he can to put up numbers to help himself stick.
I like La Russa, but he's dead wrong here.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
This is why I dislike the Sox hiring TLR in the first place. You guys have too good, too fun of a team to employ a no fun dinosaur like LaRussa holding you back.TLR is going to cost the Sox a chance at doing something special this year because of his outdated way of thinking.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Freaking Sano carrying the corpse of the twins tonight. Hope the sox can just score here in the 9th.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Well you just said on Saturday that he falls in the category of disappointing. Are you a fan again?
I once thought he had best player in baseball potential.......He's never going to steal 30 bags at the MLB level like I thought he would, but outside of that, he's pretty good. I do think that the deadened ball has affected him significantly. He hits a lot of high launch angle, 100-105 mph pitches and those are going for flyouts this year vs HRs in recent years past. His numbers this year would be insane with the 2018-20 baseball.

Tonight Moncada has hit 3 baseballs 106 MPH or higher and none went for hits.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I thought you and others said this BP was great?

If its so great putting in a guy with an ERA under 2 so shouldn't be issues
I guess Bummer is the setup guy. I just wouldn't take out the best reliever on the team in a close game. I made that post asking why he yanked Kopech, and seconds later the game tying home run came.

And dont even start with 'you said' crap to me. You cried for years about the rebuild and now you're enjoying the fruits of it as we watch the best team in baseball. All thanks to the rebuild that you hated so dearly.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I once thought he had best player in baseball potential.......He's never going to steal 30 bags at the MLB level like I thought he would, but outside of that, he's pretty good. I do think that the deadened ball has affected him significantly. He hits a lot of high launch angle, 100-105 mph pitches and those are going for flyouts this year vs HRs in recent years past. His numbers this year would be insane with the 2018-20 baseball.

Tonight Moncada has hit 3 baseballs 106 MPH or higher and none went for hits.
I agree with what you say now. I probably wont agree with you when you change your mind again in about 15 minutes :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I guess Bummer is the setup guy. I just wouldn't take out the best reliever on the team in a close game. I made that post asking why he yanked Kopech, and seconds later the game tying home run came.

And dont even start with 'you said' crap to me. You cried for years about the rebuild and now you're enjoying the fruits of it as we watch the best team in baseball. All thanks to the rebuild that you hated so dearly.

I would argue missteps such as Moncada are holding this team back from greatness

If we could upgrade at 3B this team could do some real damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad