OT: Other Sports 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
And I am saying that the HOF should be and needs to be based on what the player did during his career as a player. Schilling off-the-field nonsense should have no bearing on his HOF. Cobb was a dirty, racist scumbag. How are either of you comfortable with him in the HOF but comfortable with leaving Schilling out?

And ChiHawks, what joke are you referring to? Or are you making things up again?

I don't make things up. You cracked a "fudgepacker" comment related to the Packers just a couple weeks ago. I even called it out then. I'm about 99% positive it's not the first time you've said derogatory shit towards gay people on here, either. @hawksrule You recall this, yeah?

And again... a bunch of racists put another racist dirtbag in the HoF like 85 years ago. I don't give a rat's ass about him. I do give a rat's ass about current scumbags that don't belong. If Cobb were being voted on today, he would also have his character called into question, and would struggle to get in. Just as Schilling deserves. I'm sorry, I have no problem stating Schilling is a gigantic piece of shit, and has no business representing baseball in the HoF. I don't care if he's the best pitcher to ever throw a baseball(and he's faaaaaaaaaaaar from that).

Not shocking that someone who is ok saying derogatory shit towards gay people is arguing for putting a scumbag like Schilling in the HoF, though.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I don't make things up. You cracked a "fudgepacker" comment related to the Packers just a couple weeks ago. I even called it out then. I'm about 99% positive it's not the first time you've said derogatory shit towards gay people on here, either.

And again... a bunch of racists put another racist dirtbag in the HoF like 85 years ago. I don't give a rat's ass about him. I do give a rat's ass about current scumbags that don't belong. If Cobb were being voted on today, he would also have his character called into question, and would struggle to get in. Just as Schilling deserves. I'm sorry, I have no problem stating Schilling is a gigantic piece of shit, and has no business representing baseball in the HoF.

Not shocking that someone who is ok saying derogatory shit towards gay people is arguing for putting a scumbag like Schilling in the HoF, though.
Also, there have been a lot of articles and stories written that question Ty Cobb's reputation as a bigoted racist and all around asshole. There's a decent amount of evidence that Al Stump fabricated most of the content in his biography of Cobb.

I'm not defending Ty Cobb here, but I suggest everyone gather the evidence and come to their own conclusion.

Removing the Fangs From Ty Cobb’s Notoriety (Published 2015)

Last edited:

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
And I am saying that the HOF should be and needs to be based on what the player did during his career as a player. Schilling off-the-field nonsense should have no bearing on his HOF. Cobb was a dirty, racist scumbag. How are either of you comfortable with him in the HOF but comfortable with leaving Schilling out?

And ChiHawks, what joke are you referring to? Or are you making things up again?
I know it's tough to grasp but what society values changes over time.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Who are you to say what it should or “needs” to be. The hof is a private organization that sets its own rules. If you don’t like it, you can start your own baseball museum and set it up however you like.

And I can confirm what @ChiHawks10 said about you having made a gay pejorative.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
When pandemic ends and people are allowed back in stands I wont be shocked if Colorado fans dont come back for a while

This will be hard to defend to fans ,, Cant really see any defense of it

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
LaVine's heroball antics earlier when they had plenty of time left on the shot clock. A three pointer that went well wide.
Lavine still played an incredible game, some poor execution from the entire team late.

Reactions: plasmonresonance

Rooh

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Speaking on Lavine he's become one helluva playmaker this season, he passes out of screen and roll blitz coverage like it's nothing now.

Rooh

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Bulls were one pick away from LaMelo.....that's tough

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Markkanen on fire vs the Knicks, 5/7 on 3s and 23 first half points.

He was also on fire the other night too. Looks like he’s playing well as of late. Bulls could really use him staying healthy and living up to his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad