Other results

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
If I'd want to salvage it I'd just cut the equestrian event altogether and replace it with another sport, nowadays there's so much to choose from. Even golf. That would go against the militaristic tradition of the modern pentathlon but who wants to protect it anyway. Or they could give it a nice naval vibe and go sailing instead of torturing horses.

Instead of giving more time I've understood that in Paris the whole event is to last 90 minutes, consisting of 60 minutes of competition and three short breaks. This will be facilitated by a special modern pentathlon arena. The change is mostly because of the extremely poor viewership of the current format and indeed IOC's desperation to retain the event despite the fact.

uipmnewdeal.PNG

I enjoy the pentathlon and it's history. Sports should not be in and out of the Games based on viewership. I cannot believe they brought in wall climbing, BMX biking to attract what they term the youth element while considering throwing out wrestling something present in the ancient Games. Not to mention bringing in breakdancing in Paris. What ? What is next ? Parkour running ?

Reactions: Eisen

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I enjoy the pentathlon and it's history. Sports should not be in and out of the Games based on viewership. I cannot believe they brought in wall climbing, BMX biking to attract what they term the youth element while considering throwing out wrestling something present in the ancient Games. Not to mention bringing in breakdancing in Paris. What ? What is next ? Parkour running ?
I'd like this twice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad