Other results

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
I watched skateboarding last night. Nyjah Huston couldn't land anything and anything Yuto Horigame landed got an amazing score.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I watched skateboarding last night. Nyjah Huston couldn't land anything and anything Yuto Horigame landed got an amazing score.

Nyjah Huston totally crashed out. Very happy for Yuto and I thought the Peruvian skateboarder got some lower scores than he should have but going switch seemed to be the way to get some really high scores. Unfortunately, the guys started to get really creative only when they had no more shot at qualifying, such as Shane O'Neill trying to lazer flip the stair set.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A couple of decades too late, imagine how popular it would've been if they'd put it in during Tony Hawk's prime
Exactly, Tony Hawk would be an olympic legend.

Look at how well known he is even without the Olympic stage.

Think Shawn White x1000!

And that brings me back to my overall point... snowboarding is a sport very much derived from skateboarders going to the slopes. Most of the best early snowboarders were also pro skaters.

Snowboarding became an olympic sport a long time ago, yet finally skateboarding finally makes the show.
I'm not the biggest fan.
And? Since when is everyone a fan of every olympic sport?

Skateboarding has been more deserving of being in the Olympics for a long time over many of the fringe sports for quite some time.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Badminton is such an attractive sport to watch. I have no idea why it doesn't get the coverage tennis gets.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Judo goldmedal match for the women plays the Ghost in the Shell soundtrack for the announcement. Glorious!

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Crazy it took skateboarding so long to become an olympic sport.

Agreed! Call me cynical, but it also has the potential to become such a cash cow. Think of how popular brands like supreme are, which has roots in skateboarding. Every kid wants to dress like a skater, even if they don't want to be a skater. The Olympics has been missing out on a big source of revenue by not including skateboarding earlier. The same can be said of surfing.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Agreed! Call me cynical, but it also has the potential to become such a cash cow. Think of how popular brands like supreme are, which has roots in skateboarding. Every kid wants to dress like a skater, even if they don't want to be a skater. The Olympics has been missing out on a big source of revenue by not including skateboarding earlier. The same can be said of surfing.
I saw the training of our skater in the Olympics when I watched a documentary about her. 8 hours a week doesn't scream Olympic heroism to me. You are thinking from a marketing perspective, not from an athletic one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad