OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
That's actually pretty good. If Gurley and Kupp (who didn't even play) were 100% for that Superbowl, they probably win that game.
Yeah, Gurley even at 50% could still work in Kupp wasn't hurt because he was the primary alternative. Also, McVay does some really bizarre plays in the redzone a lot. It's like he outsmarts himself when he gets down there.

Reactions: RaymondReddington

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The Dodgers have not announced the deal, but a source told MLB.com's Mark Feinsand that it covers three years and $102 million dollars, with opt-outs after the first two years. Per Feinsand, Bauer will earn $40 million in 2021 and $45 million in '22. The '21 salary would make him the highest-paid player in MLB history, a record he would set again in '22
Trevor Bauer joins Dodgers on record deal

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The post O'Malley Dodgers have always spent money , minus the McBroke era, they just had really bad GMs.

Finally it is all coming together. drafting, development and smart trades and FA signings

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Are the Dodgers going to lose any games this year?

It'll be unpopular around here but yes, the bats/defense are going to have some growing pains and possibly some holes in the lineup unlike the end of the year last year with the near-perfect lineup it seems.

I'm sure by the end of the season and some tinkering it will be fine but the Padres have little brother syndrome and get up for every game, they'll take some away

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
It'll be unpopular around here but yes, the bats/defense are going to have some growing pains and possibly some holes in the lineup unlike the end of the year last year with the near-perfect lineup it seems.

I'm sure by the end of the season and some tinkering it will be fine but the Padres have little brother syndrome and get up for every game, they'll take some away

What, did they sign Steve Garvey?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Assuming that Turner comes back, they have only lost Kike' and Joc. The door is now open for Lux, Rios, and Ruiz to shine.
My biggest concern is the closer

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Assuming that Turner comes back, they have only lost Kike' and Joc. The door is now open for Lux, Rios, and Ruiz to shine.
My biggest concern is the closer

That's if Turner returns. I hope he does, think he means a lot to the clubhouse, ESPECIALLY after those departures.

Lux in particular is who I was thinking of, if he's suddenly a key everyday player. Kid seems to be in his own head. Rios and Ruiz too, they're great, but still, may be growing pains.

It's not bad at all, talking degrees of awesome here, just more like .667 instead of over .700. And Dodgers have to be at least co-favorites, but I think everyone outside of LA especially is expecting them to roll over everyone like last year...the bullpen should help with that but a longer season means some slumps/injuries too.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I enjoyed watching the World Series last season, because the Dodgers had not won in a very long time. I had not watched much MLB for quite some time since the players' strike canceled the World Series in 1994. MLB is foolish for taking the same path as the NBA with super teams. Boring.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
So far in this game, at halftime, Gronk is showing Kelce who is boss.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Not that there was any doubt before this game, but Brady = GOAT.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Is there any doubt that Brady is one of the Top 5 Greatest athletes in North American sports? I’m talking being up there with the Babe, MJ, and Gretz.
I don't think I would include Gretzky in that group. It's The Babe, Jordan, and Brady probably all by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad