OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The Lakers have quickly become the joke of the NBA.

The problem with the Lakers is that Jeanie Buss believes shes as good as Dr Buss!! She Is Not!!
Magic and Rob also sucked/suck ass

EDIT: Jeanie should have never gotten rid of Jerry West.. wasnt even offered a consultant job because she said they needed to move away form the past... Atleast we draft well because of Ryan West!! hint, hint Jeanie you BISH!!

Reactions: ru4reals

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The problem with the Lakers is that Jeanie Buss believes shes as good as Dr Buss!! She Is Not!!

EDIT: Jeanie should have never gotten rid of Jerry West.. wasnt even offered a consultant job because she said they needed to move away form the past... Atleast we draft well because of Ryan West!! hint, hint Jeanie you BISH!!

They're as bad as the Davis/Raiders. Sadly, the Buss family won't be selling the Lakers and they'll always want to be in the spotlight and take credit for every decision. The franchise is overrun by morons.

Reactions: 21Dog and kings11

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
They're as bad as the Davis/Raiders. Sadly, the Buss family won't be selling the Lakers and they'll always want to be in the spotlight and take credit for every decision. The franchise is overrun by morons.

Now im all riled up at work... I feel like that idiot brother from Mike and Dave need wedding dates

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

100% Agree with this. I've always said the start of the fall with this proud organization was when Jerry Buss's Kids took over this team. They are f***in awful at everything they do regarding this organization. Jeanie Buss is pretty much the biggest issue, and for this team to return to it's glory days Lakers need to be owned by a new owner who lets the Management team do there job and you as the owner needs to GTFO of the way. Unfortunately Jeanie BUST will never sell the Lakers. And yup I didn't even mention them hiring MAGIC and Rob. Absolute pathetic hiring of two guys who have no f***in clue what to do. Good luck getting a max player. But hey maybe the league will rig the draft and win the Zion sweepstakes and then trade him for AD. :laugh:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

They're going to hire Jason Kidd, aren't they? The Buss family really have no clue what they're doing.

Since Phil Jackson left in 2011, the Lakers have had four different head coaches and will be moving onto their fifth coach once they settle on another loser.

Mike Brown only lasted one season and was fired five games into his second season. Mike D'Antoni lasted two seasons. Byron Scott lasted two seasons, and Luke Walton stuck around longest at three seasons.

It's no wonder this team hasn't made the playoffs in six years, with Mike Brown being the last coach to get them into the playoffs, back in 2013.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If you bring Kidd in to install a foundation for the up and coming youth driven team, I don't see a big problem with that. But is this Lakers team really about youth at this point or are they still trying to win now?

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

They're going to hire Jason Kidd, aren't they? The Buss family really have no clue what they're doing.

Since Phil Jackson left in 2011, the Lakers have had four different head coaches and will be moving onto their fifth coach once they settle on another loser.

Mike Brown only lasted one season and was fired five games into his second season. Mike D'Antoni lasted two seasons. Byron Scott lasted two seasons, and Luke Walton stuck around longest at three seasons.

It's no wonder this team hasn't made the playoffs in six years, with Mike Brown being the last coach to get them into the playoffs, back in 2013.

It was D'Antoni who took them to the playoffs in 2013. Brown was fired 5 games into the season and then D'Antoni took over a few games later.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It was D'Antoni who took them to the playoffs in 2013. Brown was fired 5 games into the season and then D'Antoni took over a few games later.

Oh yes, that's right. Brown also got them into the playoffs the year prior. The constant carousel of coaches shows how this team has no direction whatsoever.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

What a F***in joke this organization have become. Get rid of Jeanie and the whole Buss family. Tthe best thing for this Proud franchise is to rid themselves of any Kid Jerry still have walking around. My goodness what a mess.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Just looking at things as they stand from a distance, it seems the Lakers are turning into the Clippers franchise when they were the joke of the league for years under some awful ownership courtesy Donald Sterling.

Listening to local sports radio today here in the GTA, they had a beat writer on and he was mentioning Kurt Rambis and his wife who as I understood it is very good friends with Jeanie Buss, are part of the decision making in hiring the next Lakers coach. That seems rather odd.

Again I don’t follow to day to day happenings but, it’s a shame to see the Lakers sink to this level.

I’ve had to endure the same type of inept garbage as a fan of Orlando. I think they finally may be turning the corner, but it’s been years.

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Kelly had a good inning last night so you might think "Hey, maybe he's finally getting his shit together" and now here he is. Can't buy a strike much less an out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
dodgers have the most wins in the league and they arent even really playing at their peak. at least la has two prettt good teams, even if the lakers and kings are dumpster fires

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I am enjoying the Lakers futility immensely. There's nothing for Jim Hill to talk about.

Reactions: Butch 19

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I really don't know who a good basketball coach really is outside of the few particularly popular ones, but this feels very underwhelming. Is that a fair assessment?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
You don't often see new coaches not being given the choice of assistants, and that is true in any sport.

The Lakers have become a total circus ever since Dr. Buss died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad