GDT: Other games around the league 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
They'd still be terrible defensively and need to rely on McDavid to do anything. Reimer would be an upgrade in net but you can't just expect to outscore all your problems.
I think that in a different role, Burns could be a lot better defensively than he's been in SJ.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Watching Florida in the playoffs is like watching the Sharks in the playoffs any year other than the 2016 Stanley Cup Final year. That powerful team who was lethal on the power play and just dominated all regular season long has gone missing. I'm always amazed in Hockey how it feels like the way the game is played changes from regular season to playoffs.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Watching Florida in the playoffs is like watching the Sharks in the playoffs any year other than the 2016 Stanley Cup Final year. That powerful team who was lethal on the power play and just dominated all regular season long has gone missing. I'm always amazed in Hockey how it feels like the way the game is played changes from regular season to playoffs.
Not a fan of how it changes and never have been. Literally changing the rules of the same is insane.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Not a fan of how it changes and never have been. Literally changing the rules of the same is insane.
The rules don't really change per se. Penalties actually go up in the playoffs. It's just a different mindset playing with higher stakes and against one team at a time; you're going to play harder, tighter, and more physical.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

But it's not really how the rules change. It's just a much more hard hitting and defensive game (Other than Calgary last night, what was that). The adage defense wins championship seems to apply in Hockey more than any other sport.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The rules don't really change per se. Penalties actually go up in the playoffs. It's just a different mindset playing with higher stakes and against one team at a time; you're going to play harder, tighter, and more physical.
Committed penalties go way up due to the intensity and they are just not called at the rate of regular season nor in the same manner. The rules may not change per se but the enforcement of them changes which changes the rules of the game on the ice.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Committed penalties go way up due to the intensity and they are just not called at the rate of regular season nor in the same manner. The rules may not change per se but the enforcement of them changes which changes the rules of the game on the ice.
I mean, in a way sure, but you can't call every other play a penalty. That wouldn't be fun either. It's like the first couple games of the TBL/TOR series - basically everything was getting called and it was terrible hockey because there was no flow to the game.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I'm reminded of the last Pens-Caps playoff series that occurred before 2018 when the Pens won the series in a game in DC and some fans outside the arena were chanting "YOU CAN'T BEAT US". I feel like Tampa fans feel like towards the Florida Panthers.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
cool, jumbo will never win the cup fml

the "go 10M over in the playoffs" loophole is so stupid. tampa is good without it, but it goes to show teams who play by the spirit of the rules have significantly less of an opportunity.
He's not getting the cup anyway. Florida won't play him in a finals game.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad