GDT: Other games around the league 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
So Jumbo played 34 games for the Panthers this season, so he doesn't qualify for the 'half a regular season' part. They better put him in a playoff game or else I will be very unhappy
I thought playing in the playoffs doesn't matter. It has to be a stanley cup final game or play 41 games.

Edit: If Florida doesn't intend to play him in one finals game I hope they f***ing lose.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Hopefully Jumbo can get in for a game

Unless the org really hates Jumbo, they could leave him off just cuz

Even if the Panthers win, Joe knows he didn’t have a whole lot to do with it on the ice. I bet his locker room presence and showing the young guys how to be professional on and off the ice has had a huge impact, though. Joe was always known as the guy who picked up new players at the airport and made them feel comfortable. I doubt that has changed as he’s matured even more.

Just getting to hold the cup up will be worth it for him and everyone invested in him winning it. Meeting the criteria to have his name on it is secondary. Plus, like others have said, they’d just petition him on and the league would likely accept it.

He’s gonna play one game and score the cup winning goal and we will all happy

I thought playing in the playoffs doesn't matter. It has to be a stanley cup final game or play 41 games.

Edit: If Florida doesn't intend to play him in one finals game I hope they f***ing lose.
Considering nobody dislikes the Panthers and people outside of San Jose have been throwing shade @ Jumbo his entire career

I have to say they're setting up the Panthers heel turn and Jumbo face turn pretty well

Should set up a Sharks-Panthers finals next year p well with the BB revenge finals run storyline thrown in

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
these rules analysts are worthless

Commentators: "Well, you're an expert with years of experience. What do you think about this review?"
rules analyst: "Yeah, it's a tough one. The rule is that the coach can challenge if they think this happened. The question is whether that happened or not. The challenging team hopes they win it and the team that scored would definitely like to see that goal stand. It could go either way."

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Commentators: "Well, you're an expert with years of experience. What do you think about this review?"
rules analyst: "Yeah, it's a tough one. The rule is that the coach can challenge if they think this happened. The question is whether that happened or not. The challenging team hopes they win it and the team that scored would definitely like to see that goal stand. It could go either way."
All I know is my gut says "maybe."

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

He was pretty useless in this game, but other times I've seen him he's provided important context and made predictions on how a ruling would come down.

It's clear that Makar, not Mackinnon, is Colorado's best player? I'm also not sure if Toews shouldn't be #3...

Reactions: sharski

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It's irritating when the commentators praise a goaltender for recovering from a mistake without mentioning the mistake...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Calgary is the favourite on paper but if McDavid plays the way he did the last two games vs LA, he'll be nigh impossible to stop. I've never seen him that determined (and he played 27 mins in game 7, wowza). And as good as Markstrom was vs Dallas, facing Connor and Leon is a whole different beast.

It's gonna be awesome.

Reactions: NiWa

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
ESPN crew talking about how good of a person Tony Deangelo is. "they love him, they love his emotion" like cmonnnnnnnnnn
I'm sure if he doesn't talk about politics in the locker room, he's fine. Just like talking to an old friend from high school about music instead of the last election.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think DeAngelo is someone who you get in the head of, goad him to take bad penalties based on the tantrum he threw where he threw his stick trying to stop the empty netter. Just pop him more frequently and give him a little extra nut shot in the corners.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
That OT goal got deflected, hard to blame him, especially since the team in front of him got hemmed in their zone 5v5 for like 2 minutes straight.
Fair, but he got beaten by Raanta in this game. If the Rangers can't exploit the goaltending advantage there's no hope for them.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
My goodness, McDavid is amazing. Shows how powerful having a generational talent, playing like a generational talent, is in the playoffs.

Reactions: DG93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad