Other Domestic Leagues 17/18

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Wait, their entire league? Or just that team's games?
The whole league. Evidently, pitch invasiond and the like are recurring issues.

I'd say bringing weapons on to the pitch is a good line to draw.

Weirdest part of the story (aside from the gun, obviously) is the ref reversing his original call over two hours later.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Wait, their entire league? Or just that team's games?
Whole league. Greek PM said this has got to stop. They've been fighting hooligans for long and this was a final straw. BTW, the gun wearing lunatic is Putin's henchman. And the biggest tobacco merchant in Russia and wider.

PAOK's games are usually a clown show and their stadium is called the Tomb. Anyway, this isn't the worst I witnessed from Greek sports/fans, on a waterpolo game a while ago, morons threw in the shot clock into the pool, but it luckily got unplugged before hitting water.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
It probably doesn't matter in the short term as Greece aren't in the World Cup but watch FIFA/UEFA suspend Greece for government interference :confused:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It probably doesn't matter in the short term as Greece aren't in the World Cup but watch FIFA/UEFA suspend Greece for government interference :confused:
That would be peak FIFA/UEFA: Country gets suspended because the government tries to fix a league that is a complete and utter disaster. An owner/gangster storming the pitch packing heat they have no problem with.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Vinicius Jr came off the bench yesterday for Flamengo in their match against Emelec, his team was trailing 1-0, he scored twice to win the game.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Some 'stats' between Neymar, Gabriel Jesus and Vinicius Jr in their fist 2.188 minutes as a pro:
Jogos=games played (started), Finalizações= shots, pontaria = shooting %, shoots needed to score

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Fantastic goal by Rodrygo, best 2001 born in the world?

I mean...he really just runs down the left and then scores through the legs of the keeper. It's a nice run but I would say there are a lot of really talented '01s out there. Daishawn Redan, Curtis Jones and Oliver Batista Meier come to mind.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I mean...he really just runs down the left and then scores through the legs of the keeper. It's a nice run but I would say there are a lot of really talented '01s out there. Daishawn Redan, Curtis Jones and Oliver Batista Meier come to mind.

none of them are getting playing time at senior level. Redan is still at u18. Geubells and Rodrygo are head of those guys at the moment.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
none of them are getting playing time at senior level. Redan is still at u18. Geubells and Rodrygo are head of those guys at the moment.
Getting time at senior level doesn't mean they're the best. Those two wouldn't be playing for Bayern, Chelsea or Liverpool either.

Redan is playing in the PL2 btw not u18, dominating at the youth CL and u17 Euro. Jones has also been extremely dominant. Don't know much about OBM other than highlights and German hype (@cgf).

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Getting time at senior level doesn't mean they're the best. Those two wouldn't be playing for Bayern, Chelsea or Liverpool either.

Redan is playing in the PL2 btw not u18, dominating at the youth CL and u17 Euro. Jones has also been extremely dominant. Don't know much about OBM other than highlights and German hype (@cgf).

If they were ready or good enough they would force their way up just like Foden and Diaz did with City, don't mean they're going to be starters but just forcing the manager to bring them to the first team and putting them in games. Bayern does that with Fruchtl, Chelsea has done the same with Ampadu and CHO. It might not mean they're going to be the best, but it indicates they're ahead of their age group. Dominating against kids isn't all that impressive any top-level prospect does that.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
That would be peak FIFA/UEFA: Country gets suspended because the government tries to fix a league that is a complete and utter disaster. An owner/gangster storming the pitch packing heat they have no problem with.

Has happened before, for example in Poland before hosting the European Championship tournament when the previous government tried to fight corruption.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If they were ready or good enough they would force their way up just like Foden and Diaz did with City, don't mean they're going to be starters but just forcing the manager to bring them to the first team and putting them in games. Bayern does that with Fruchtl, Chelsea has done the same with Ampadu and CHO. It might not mean they're going to be the best, but it indicates they're ahead of their age group. Dominating against kids isn't all that impressive any top-level prospect does that.

Development isn’t linear and when you breakthrough doesn’t determine how high you can rise. Sane was a nothing prospect prior to exploding as an 18 year old and is now fast approaching world class status *shrug*

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would hardly say that Foden and Diaz have 'forced their way up'. City have the luxury of being able to play Foden because of their position. Different teams take different approaches to bringing up youngsters. Again, Rodrygo and Foden wouldn't be playing for Liverpool, Chelsea or Bayern.

I'm not saying Rodrygo isn't the best '01 in the world, but I'm just saying there are a lot of talented young players at that agegroup and it's too early to claim any one of them is the best ATM.

Reactions: John Pedro

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Development isn’t linear and when you breakthrough doesn’t determine how high you can rise. Sane was a nothing prospect prior to exploding as an 18 year old and is now fast approaching world class status *shrug*

I agree with you, and that's why I used at the moment in my first post. A lot of things can go right/wrong when talking about 17y old kids, still a lot of developing time left. Anyway, this is getting off-topic...

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
In a match between the top two in BiH (only two points separate them) Zrinjski Mostar came from three goals down from the 88th minute to earn a point against league leaders Zeljeznicar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad