OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
No, Morris usually replaces Murray. Harris is a true shooting guard. He can take guys off the dribble but he's not known for his passing or his playmaking.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No, Morris usually replaces Murray. Harris is a true shooting guard. He can take guys off the dribble but he's not known for his passing or his playmaking.

Ah, gotcha.

I'm no basketball expert but there are so many aspects to Monte's game I like, some even more than Murray's. Not saying at all he's a better player, but he's a good #2 PG option.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Morris isn't a finished product by any means. He should keep getting better. His assist to turnover ratio is historically good. He was a fantastic find and a big part of why the Nuggets should contend for years to come.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Rox abruptly dump Chris Iannetta and bring in Dom Nunez. Uh...okay.

This Rockies season should cost Jeff Bridich his job, but it won't.

Honestly, I'm no fan of Iannetta's but why the hell do you make this move now? It just feels like a panic move after Bridich explained why he did absolutely nothing at the deadline.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
[VIDEO]

Conor MrGregor sucker punching an old man in a bar in Ireland earlier this year.

To recap:
-hopped the cage at Bellator 187, shoved the ref, knocked down a KO'd fighter struggling back to his feet, then slapped a commissioner in the face

-Threw a metal dolly threw a bus window, seriously injuring two fighters and causing three fights at UFC 223 to be cancelled at the last minute

-sucker punched one of Nurmagomedov's corner men inciting a wild brawl after the Nurmagomedov vs McGregor fight

-has a pending rape charge in Ireland

-took a man's phone who was trying to take a photo of him, smashed it into the ground earlier this year

And Dana White won't do anything about any of it.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rox abruptly dump Chris Iannetta and bring in Dom Nunez. Uh...okay.

This Rockies season should cost Jeff Bridich his job, but it won't.

Honestly, I'm no fan of Iannetta's but why the hell do you make this move now? It just feels like a panic move after Bridich explained why he did absolutely nothing at the deadline.
Because one hasn’t been good and is in his last year while the other one was once touted as their future catcher and is having a great year at AAA.

Speaking of their future catchers, Tom Murphy is putting up a 1.8 WAR season with the Mariners.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Because one hasn’t been good and is in his last year while the other one was once touted as their future catcher and is having a great year at AAA.

Speaking of their future catchers, Tom Murphy is putting up a 1.8 WAR season with the Mariners.

I get that...and I've really never been a fan of CI, but the timing is still very strange.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I don't know why MMA fighters seem to keep getting away with this. Even Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather went to jail, and they were both 10X the stars that Jones or McGregor are. Perhaps it's down to having an essential monopoly behind them, while boxing is more decentralized.

Dana White is like if Don King were in charge of all of boxing instead of just the people he could personally swindle.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
It's never been my thing, it's too violent. I have always wondered when someone is going to get seriously injured or killed because the fighters are allowed to keep punching their opponent after they (the opponent) are obviously knocked out.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
It's never been my thing, it's too violent. I have always wondered when someone is going to get seriously injured or killed because the fighters are allowed to keep punching their opponent after they (the opponent) are obviously knocked out.

Several fighters have died in the last few weeks alone, IIRC...

EDIT: and for the record I think UFC is dumb

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Only 7 people have died as a result of a sanctioned MMA fight. Boxing is much, much more brutal, with 923 deaths in the period between 1890-2007.

Boxing is more brutal because when a fighter is knocked down, they are given a 10 count to try to recover to get up and take more punishment.

Not to mention boxing matches are generally much longer and the punches are much harder than in MMA.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I get that...and I've really never been a fan of CI, but the timing is still very strange.
Is it though? It's a lost season, get rid of the veterans that won't be here in the future and take a look at the young guys.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Only 7 people have died as a result of a sanctioned MMA fight. Boxing is much, much more brutal, with 923 deaths in the period between 1890-2007.

Boxing is more brutal because when a fighter is knocked down, they are given a 10 count to try to recover to get up and take more punishment.

Not to mention boxing matches are generally much longer and the punches are much harder than in MMA.

The ref can all off the fight too in boxing. I don't know the stats but I guarantee you a significant majority of the boxing deaths happened before 1960.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Is it though? It's a lost season, get rid of the veterans that won't be here in the future and take a look at the young guys.

They could've done that anyway. Why now!?

Without ceremony, the Rockies cut Chris Iannetta and now...

Second, the Rockies’ sudden move to cut Iannetta hinted at desperation. The timing of the move was curious. They sent the 36-year-old packing mid-series, with an offday available just two days later. And if they had waited just two weeks, Colorado could have called up Nuñez anyway, when rosters expand on Sept. 1. Calling him up now may gain Nuñez just a handful of extra starts.

I get that he wasn't good, and again, I really didn't like them re-acquiring him in the first place, but there had to be a better way to do this.

It feels like a panic move, which Rockies GMs have been prone to in the past.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Our old friend Clint Hurdle appears to be on his way out in Pittsburgh.

A pair of altercations between players and coaches...

The Pirates have been irrelevant for as long as I can remember, so firing him won't make a lick of difference.

I really don't know if he's a good manager but he's a pretty good guy, hope he lands on his feet somewhere, maybe in broadcasting. I sure as hell would rather watch him than O'Dowd.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Got to say I was appalled at how the Colts fans reacted to Luck retiring. I get it, the heat of the moment your star player up and retires in the prime of his career, it has to be frustrating, especially since there was Super Bowl talk going on.

But come on, clearly it was a tough decision, that came down to his health. Which should be the priority. He wants a life after football that isn't riddled with health issues. And I commend him for making a tough decision, his body will thank him down the road. These players are humans as well, they deserve to live how they want to live.

I can say I lost a ton of respect for Colts fans yesterday, it's just a game, be happy you got to watch a top tier player play and respect his decision to hang it up. And then honor him for all his hard work the past 7 years.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Outlaws stopped a four game losing streak yesterday. About time.

They're currently in second place but it's close. Top four make the playoffs and the #5 team is only 2 games back, 4 regular season games to go.

They have to make the playoffs this year. This is the first time the championship game is going to be in Denver, can't miss the opportunity to hoist the trophy in our home town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad