OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XLVII: World Series Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Hendricks has been awesome. No reason to not play him game seven. Lester can come out of the bullpen.

With all things said I'm glad the fans got to see a win at home. People spent a ton of money to be there and to get swept would be such a gut punch.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Helicopters are still out hovering above Wrigleyville. On the lookout for those drunken Wrigley Bro's :laugh:

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Hendricks has been awesome. No reason to not play him game seven. Lester can come out of the bullpen.

With all things said I'm glad the fans got to see a win at home. People spent a ton of money to be there and to get swept would be such a gut punch.

This. Let's get through Game 6.

Javy please fix your swing. Thanks.

In Schwarber We Trust

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
So happy we can have Schwarber in as DH. Cubbies bats started waking up again, gotta keep em going to stand a chance. Make it through game 6 guys, you can do it.

Stretching a bit... 14 K's (3 for Pitchers), only 1 Hit and 3 BBs against relievers for the rest of the game. Guess they got the damage done against the Starter like they needed too. However, this is very much a pitching series. Excellent pitching cooling down bats big time.

Where is Cleveland's Joe Blanton??? I really would like to home runs.:handclap:

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yea, he's not getting tubs of Breyers.

Yeah... but... it's ice cream. It's milk, and sugar, and cream. :laugh:

Even if you make the greatest ice cream in the world, it can't be expensive. You get 3 scoops of home made ice cream from an Oberweis or something and it's like $7 with all your toppings....

For $44... I can't imagine what he'd have to order. "Can I get 6 gallons of chocolate ice cream, an entire jar of cherries, 10 cans of whipped cream, and a 10lb bag of peanuts? I'm in a bad mood." :laugh:

Obviously I know that hotel room service is outrageously priced, and I'm just being goofy.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah... but... it's ice cream. It's milk, and sugar, and cream. :laugh:

Even if you make the greatest ice cream in the world, it can't be expensive. You get 3 scoops of home made ice cream from an Oberweis or something and it's like $7 with all your toppings....

For $44... I can't imagine what he'd have to order. "Can I get 6 gallons of chocolate ice cream, an entire jar of cherries, 10 cans of whipped cream, and a 10lb bag of peanuts? I'm in a bad mood." :laugh:

Obviously I know that hotel room service is outrageously priced, and I'm just being goofy.

Dude, it's fancy hotel room servivce. It's at least $10 for a small amount.

See bolded above.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Stretching a bit... 14 K's (3 for Pitchers), only 1 Hit and 3 BBs against relievers for the rest of the game. Guess they got the damage done against the Starter like they needed too. However, this is very much a pitching series. Excellent pitching cooling down bats big time.

Where is Cleveland's Joe Blanton??? I really would like to home runs.:handclap:

And 1 was intentional.

sugoi88

Feb 28, 2016
I think Heyward's play in left made a difference last night. Think it gave the team hope (gave me hope) that they could do this. He had a good game yesterday. Hopefully he can carry it over to Tues.
We going back to Cleveland! GO Cubs! You can do this!

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I feel like the Cubs hearts have been broken so many times (lose 3 straight in 84, lose 3 straight in 03), why can't the Cubs do it to someone else for once?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I vote yes. And if there was ever a group that could do it it's this one.

A long time ago when I used to read Bill Simmons he said long suffering teams often have to do the impossible to over come a "curse" citing the Red Sox coming back from down 3-0 against the Yankees to win the ALCS. I think the Hawks staring down a 3-2 deficit going back to Nashville against the Preds in 2010 is another great example.

Maybe this will be that moment for the Cubs franchise.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
A long time ago when I used to read Bill Simmons he said long suffering teams often have to do the impossible to over come a "curse" citing the Red Sox coming back from down 3-0 against the Yankees to win the ALCS. I think the Hawks staring down a 3-2 deficit going back to Nashville against the Preds in 2010 is another great example.

Maybe this will be that moment for the Cubs franchise.

Oops, NM

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
all the pressure is on the Indians to close this out...lets see how they handle it again.

Eh got to disagree on this one. The Cubs are and have been the overwhelming favorite. Cleveland is good but not nearly as loaded as the Cubs, and they're missing some key people. They've been playing with house money since this thing started. If they lose, it's nothing big because they're supposed to lose. If the Cubs lose, it's a big missed opportunity.

Plus Cleveland just took two of three on the road, they did more than what they were supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad