OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XLVII: World Series Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I am headed into my final week of the term (I have trimesters), but luckily the only big thing I have is a test on Tuesday. Now the real problem will be the Sunday night game, as I have a big final on Monday. So a sweep would be much appreciated.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I work to 8:00 PM, so I will be listening to the first hour of the weekday games on the radio.

Then again, Pat Hughes is magic and Fox broadcasters suck, so not really a bad thing.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So are the Cubs going to put Schwarber on the roster for real? What do you Cubs fans think about that?

To me that seems like a really difficult position to put him in. I'd be inclined to keep him off the roster.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
So are the Cubs going to put Schwarber on the roster for real? What do you Cubs fans think about that?

To me that seems like a really difficult position to put him in. I'd be inclined to keep him off the roster.

If Joe carries 10 pitchers I'm fine with it. They obviously have seen him in workouts.

If they're carrying 11 pitchers I think that'd be more risky given he hasn't faced big league pitching in months.

If they go Lester and Arrietta in Cleveland with Ross and Montero catching, I'd rather have Contreras DH with Schwarber off the bench.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
He hasn't faced live MLB pitching in 4-5 months? I'm assuming only available as a hitter at this point.

I just think it's hard to expect him to jump in and expect results given the amount of time off.

Even if he's a dead fastball hitter and just there to work counts, he's a more valuable roster piece than Rob Zastryzny or Chris Coghlan.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Even if he's a dead fastball hitter and just there to work counts, he's a more valuable roster piece than Rob Zastryzny or Chris Coghlan.

Right, at the very least there's a good chance he'll induce a pitcher to pitch around him.

These were my thoughts exactly. Even coming in with so much time away he's going to give pitchers more pause at the plate than either of those two will and can drive up some counts if nothing else. And in that time may still mash a fastball mistake 450 feet even if all he's doing is sitting back waiting on one of those and nothing else.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I dont think Kluber or Miller will be too worried about Schwarber whos missed the entire regular season. In fact Im sure theyd probably be drooling to serve up some wipeout off speed stuff.

If thats the case, might as well pitch around Bryant, Rizzo, Baez. Not happening.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

I found that funny considering Toews has said before he prefers the White Sox.

According to Kris Versteeg, former Chicago Blackhawks winger and current Calgary Flames player, Toews is a sock in Cubs’ clothing.

“Toews was a White Sox fan. I know how he’s probably trying to play it off right now that he’s actually cheering,†Versteeg told reporters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cubs-l...white-sox-fan-by-kris-versteeg-185238107.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad