OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XLVI: World Series-bound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Congrats, Cubs fans! Enjoy it. This city will be up for grabs if the Cubs win 4 more games.

On another note, I'm interested to see how the Indians perform on Tuesday with almost a week off. These guys are used to playing everyday for the most part. Back in 2012 when the Tigers had more rest than the Giants I called a sweep. Not gonna say anything this time.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
There will be a World Series game that involves the Cubs and a World Series game at Wrigley Field for the first time in our lives (unless you are an old timer, who remembers the 1945 series.

Never thought I would get to say that.

Go Cubs Go!!!

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
There will be a World Series game that involves the Cubs and a World Series game at Wrigley Field for the first time in our lives (unless you are an old timer, who remembers the 1945 series.

Never thought I would get to say that.

Go Cubs Go!!!

So besides Miller, what else can we expect from the Indians?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So besides Miller, what else can we expect from the Indians?

- A trio of veteran power bats (Napoli , Kipnis and Santana)
- A trio of young stars who are pretty underrated and get on base often (Lindor , Ramirez and Naquin)
- A strong veteran bullpen
- Rotation that is not as good as Cubs with only Kluber ace quality but Salazar , Tomlin and Bauer have had there moments. Missing Carrasco hurts them

Indians are just a solid blend of youth/vets that as a team plays well in all facets of game. They are essentially IMO an upgraded version of what Twins used to be

Francona is a pretty good manager as well with experience in big games

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
- A trio of veteran power bats (Napoli , Kipnis and Santana)
- A trio of young stars who are pretty underrated and get on base often (Lindor , Ramirez and Naquin)
- A strong veteran bullpen
- Rotation that is not as good as Cubs with only Kluber ace quality but Salazar , Tomlin and Bauer have had there moments. Missing Carrasco hurts them

Indians are just a solid blend of youth/vets that as a team plays well in all facets of game. They are essentially IMO an upgraded version of what Twins used to be

Francona is a pretty good manager as well with experience in big games

So Cubs win in 5?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Probably 6

I think guys like Salazar/Bauer can come thru with strong game. They just lack consistency but if they are on game both are capable of giving 6 strong innings which will allow Francona to go to pen only when he has to

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Probably 6

I think guys like Salazar/Bauer can come thru with strong game. They just lack consistency but if they are on game both are capable of giving 6 strong innings which will allow Francona to go to pen only when he has to

Long break for Cleveland while our bats are hot.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Congrats to the Cubs fans. I despise you guys, but I am a baseball fan second. You guys more than deserve this. Long overdue is an understatement. Now.. if Cleveland can continue to win in their city, that would be great. :laugh:

One of these teams will end their long W.S. drought.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
That popup to the Bartman area in the 9th was almost poetic.

The Cubs had this one in the bag tho so I wasn't too worried with Chapman on the mound throwing 100 heat every pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad