Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXVI: Bulls Lose the Draft Lottery Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Cubs got a strong performance from Yu again. I really would prefer he tone down the walks but I can't at this point if the BB rate is exacerbated by questionable call in the strike zone or whether he has intermittent control problems. Someone care to chime in?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Cubs got a strong performance from Yu again. I really would prefer he tone down the walks but I can't at this point if the BB rate is exacerbated by questionable call in the strike zone or whether he has intermittent control problems. Someone care to chime in?
I watched the Cub game a bit during Jackets/Bruins intermission. He nibbles too much, and his stuff moves a ton.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Yesterday was a step in the right direction for him. We can't forget he hasn't pitched competitively in almost a year. Yes he's healthy but he was out a long time.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Here's the script on every Darvish start:

1. Nervous in the first couple of innings. Won't challenge hitters.
2. At some point says screw it ... and then goes at hitters.
3. Somewhere in the 5th/6th inning he gets hit hard ONCE, loses confidence again.
4. Gets pulled.

Last night was the first time in a while he fought through his confidence problems in the 6th. After the DBacks home run, Darvish freaked out and missed the next 3 pitches by a mile. Thankfully, he righted the ship and challenged hitters again.

It doesn't see a genius to figure out Darvish's stuff is filthy. The dude is an Ace if he can put ever his head together. Darvish needs to get the ball and pitch quickly. Stop thinking. Perhaps try to work like Buehrle.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
No one wants to get 3rd or 4th in the premier league
Personally think Arsenal and Man U are just not that good. Tottenham is really hurt and Chelsea is just Hazard and 10 other guys.

Tottenham should take a spot by default at this point thankfully.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Finally. Love winning this game. Felt like we should have lost it though for failing so many times

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The NBA is such a joke. There is no more predictable a sport than the NBA. Oh, look, the second round is seeds 1-4 in both conferences. Maybe we'll see an upset in round 2, and both of the conference finals won't be 1 vs 2... Not likely, but I guess it is at least plausible?

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The NBA is such a joke. There is no more predictable a sport than the NBA. Oh, look, the second round is seeds 1-4 in both conferences. Maybe we'll see an upset in round 2, and both of the conference finals won't be 1 vs 2... Not likely, but I guess it is at least plausible?

The NBA is such a joke. Not even worth watching, honestly. Even GS isn't worth watching at this point.

Last edited:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
The NBA is such a joke. Not even worth watching, honestly. Even GS isn't worth watching at this point.
Why does there have to be parity for you to be entertained?

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Because part of entertainment is not knowing who is going to win
All four of these teams could easily win the title...

Also, we're just two years removed from the 73 win Warriors dropping the title and just a year removed from a Warriors' team needing the Rockets to brick 26 straight threes to advance to the finals.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Who wants to watch the same 2 or 3 teams dominate through the playoffs and play for/win the title every year? How is that entertaining?
It's refreshing to have a sport where the most talented teams usually win. It's the same with soccer and even the NFL. When they do lose, the loss is big.

Also, I just like the sport. I think that's the crux of the issue here. The NBA has always been a league where the cream rises to the top, so this is nothing new.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's refreshing to have a sport where the most talented teams usually win. It's the same with soccer and even the NFL. When they do lose, the loss is big.

Also, I just like the sport. I think that's the crux of the issue here. The NBA has always been a league where the cream rises to the top, so this is nothing new.

Yeah, I've never been a huge basketball fan, so that's probably a big part of why I can't stand this.

And yeah, the cream rises to the top, but I just don't remember it ever being this bad, even during the Bulls dominant years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Once they took out hand checking the NBA declined tremendously

And there are far too many foul calls and flopping at this point

The 90's was golden age of NBA

Imagine if Lebron or Curry had actual defense played against them and were made to pay price when going to basket

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Yeah, I've never been a huge basketball fan, so that's probably a big part of why I can't stand this.

And yeah, the cream rises to the top, but I just don't remember it ever being this bad, even during the Bulls dominant years.
That's probably more confirmation bias than anything. Though I can't speak to it. I remember the last two years, but it's as a big MJ fanatic who was less than 10 years old.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
All four of these teams could easily win the title...

Also, we're just two years removed from the 73 win Warriors dropping the title and just a year removed from a Warriors' team needing the Rockets to brick 26 straight threes to advance to the finals.

Arguing Golden State should have won the last 4 titles as opposed to only 3 of the last 4 isn't helping your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad