Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXVI: Bulls Lose the Draft Lottery Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Cubs have a couple bad contracts and haven’t drafted or developed any pitching. Their 9th overall pick from 2015 is lost. Tough. Both their pitchers they drafted in the first round have been bad.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Both Rooh and Piteus said the Bucks would win if GS didn't have Durant.

My whole point is everyone builds up these teams as "contenders" that don't really have a legitimate shot to win the title in an effort to make the NBA seem like it's not just a season long coronation because that would be bad for business. The NBA is a league driven by off the court drama much more than it is actual sport IMO.

This board tends to jump on the bandwagon early and often. Remember all the praise bestowed upon the up and coming Predators back in the day when they swept the Bhawks? Several posters were drooling over the Preds roster and front office. Guess what, the Preds cup window is already closed.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This board tends to jump on the bandwagon early and often. Remember all the praise bestowed upon the up and coming Predators back in the day when they swept the Bhawks? Several posters were drooling over the Preds roster and front office. Guess what, the Preds cup window is already closed.
How is the Bucks "bandwagon" a prisoner of the moment when they:

1. had the best record in the NBA.
2. had the highest scoring differential.
3. set the NBA season record after a loss at 21-1.
4. most likely have the NBA MVP.
5. were 10-1 after the first 11 games of the playoffs.

Furthermore:

6. Golden State probably losing their best player for the season.
7. Golden State having a gimpy Iguodala & Cousins.

So please explain how it was jumping on the bandwagon "early and often?" I am always amazed at your logic.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
How is the Bucks "bandwagon" a prisoner of the moment when they:

1. had the best record in the NBA.
2. had the highest scoring differential.
3. set the NBA season record after a loss at 21-1.
4. most likely have the NBA MVP.
5. were 10-1 after the first 11 games of the playoffs.

Furthermore:

6. Golden State probably losing their best player for the season.
7. Golden State having a gimpy Iguodala & Cousins.

So please explain how it was jumping on the bandwagon "early and often?" I am always amazed at your logic.

West > East

You must have missed the memo. The NBA championship was decided in advance last season when Lebron jumped ship to the Western Conference.

Last edited:

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
Bucks had like the 3rd/4th highest point differential of any team in the past 30 years...trailing only like the 90s Bulls & 16 Warriors. Saying they never had a legitimate shot at beating Golden State is bunch of BS.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Bucks had like the 3rd/4th highest point differential of any team in the past 30 years...trailing only like the 90s Bulls & 16 Warriors. Saying they never had a legitimate shot at beating Golden State is bunch of BS.

That regular season stats you spouting is just that. Did the Bhawks not sweep the regular season series vs. the Predators...what happened??? The Bucks have not lost 3 in a row in the regular season...that just ended.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
That regular season stats you spouting is just that. Did the Bhawks not sweep the regular season series vs. the Predators...what happened??? The Bucks have not lost 3 in a row in the regular season...that just ended.

Man, you don’t understand point differential do you? That takes a whole season into account, whereas you’re just naming how one team did against another.

Not even sure why I responded to this, honestly. But whatever. There’s your lesson for the day.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
West > East

You must have missed the memo. The NBA championship was decided in advance last season when Lebron jumped ship to the Western Conference.
You must have lost the memo ... Denver had the second best record the West this year. The West wasn't as nearly as strong as they've been in the past.

I get it. The bottom end of the West is stronger. That said, Milwaukee, Toronto, Philly, and Boston were just as talented as any Western Conference team except Golden State. Now imagine Golden State without Durant and a gimpy Iguodala and Cousins too.

And no ... why would mostly Chicago people be Cheeseheads fans? That makes no sense. When I was really young, I used to like the Bucks logo though.

Milwaukee_Bucks_Old-logo-e1457666985508.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad