Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LVII: Bulls draft Carter & Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm a Bama bandwagoner, tbh. Illinois football sucks so much, and as a linebacker myself, I've always just loved their defense. But yeah, I agree this team isn't what it normally is. That said, they have had a ton of injuries, especially at the LB position. Would be interesting to see how they do with a month off and time to get people healthy.

That said, I don't see any reason to hate Clemson. The fact that they're in this spot again after losing Watson is incredible. And Dabo is a really good guy. I understand not wanting to see the same teams, but then I would think you'd dislike Bama as well, so consider me confused :)

As much as I hate to say it, I do think it'd be cool to see a 4 of Miami, Oklahoma, Auburn/Georgia, and Wisconsin. That's a change from the norm, and a refreshing twist to it. Plus, I have no idea who would win that (though I'd put Auburn and Oklahoma as favorites), and we wouldn't just be waiting for the ultimate Bama/Clemson match-up.

I don’t hate Clemson, but we’ve spent a good amount of time in Greenville, which is close to their campus.... and their fans just bug the hell out of me. When I did watch them it was to watch Watson, now that he’s gone I just can’t get myself excited to watch them anymore.

Plz no Wisconsin.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I don’t hate Clemson, but we’ve spent a good amount of time in Greenville, which is close to their campus.... and their fans just bug the hell out of me. When I did watch them it was to watch Watson, now that he’s gone I just can’t get myself excited to watch them anymore.

Plz no Wisconsin.

Oh now you hate Wisconsin too?? Dang Ray, you a hater!

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
A good comparison for Bagley and how he projects in the NBA is John Collins, They play almost exactly the same and had around the same numbers in college, though Bagley is younger and more skilled. Collins is having a great rookie season for Atlanta right now, he's a plus player on both ends and is averaging 18/11 on good efficiency per 36.

Bagley is up to 25/12 62FG on the season not counting Mich St. game. One player is historically dominating the Euroleague, and the other has some of the highest numbers ever from a freshman in college ball..good options.
I actually saw John Collins live (UVA vs Wake) last January in Charlottesville. Collins is a bad comparable to Bagley. I like Collins but they had different games.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Every team is hateable. I'm just happy that the NCAA football teams that I hate the most, Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn State, and USC, all aren't in and Ohio State has extremely long odds.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Penn State shouldn't even be allowed to play football anymore. By far the most hatable team.
UNC skated. They created fake classes and majors for decades (started with Dean Smith) and isn't punished. Reggie Bush buys his financially challenged mother a house earned from his god given abilities and he's stripped of all his records, declared ineligible, and Heisman taken away like he's some criminal. Along with FIFA and the IOC, the NCAA is one fo the most corrupt organizations in the free world.

What Penn State did is abhorrent. However, that was a criminal case. Paterno, Spanier, etc. should have been thrown in prison along with Sandusky. Their idiot fans and regents who continue to demand Paterno be cleared, should be mocked and criticized for eternity. Their punishment is their reputation. Nothing can wipe away that shame. Their football culture is a cesspool.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
UNC skated. They created fake classes and majors for decades (started with Dean Smith) and isn't punished. Reggie Bush buys his financially challenged mother a house earned from his god given abilities and he's stripped of all his records, declared ineligible, and Heisman taken away like he's some criminal. Along with FIFA and the IOC, the NCAA is one fo the most corrupt organizations in the free world.

What Penn State did is abhorrent. However, that was a criminal case. Paterno, Spanier, etc. should have been thrown in prison along with Sandusky. Their idiot fans and regents who continue to demand Paterno be cleared, should be mocked and criticized for eternity. Their punishment is their reputation. Nothing can wipe away that shame. Their football culture is a cesspool.
i really hate to be on the outside looking in. but all college sports programs are corrupted in one way or another.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
i really hate to be on the outside looking in. but all college sports programs are corrupted in one way or another.
Some are less corrupt than others. Giving a few bucks to a student athlete's for clothes, food, and to pay their mother's utilities should be no big deal. Creating fake classes for student athletes, covering up crimes, and providing prostitutes for recruits are felonies. Unfortunately, the NCAA finds it the opposite. Coaches gets suspended for 5 games. College students get kicked out of school and sometimes all NCAA sponsored sports. The system is broken.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Some are less corrupt than others. Giving a few bucks to a student athlete's for clothes, food, and to pay their mother's utilities should be no big deal. Creating fake classes for student athletes, covering up crimes, and providing prostitutes for recruits are felonies. Unfortunately, the NCAA finds it the opposite. Coaches gets suspended for 5 games. College students get kicked out of school and sometimes all NCAA sponsored sports. The system is broken.
that is the key, less corrupted. so the point is the bottom line is they are corrupt it is only the degree is what is ok with you or others.

" less corrupt than other. "

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
that is the key, less corrupted. so the point is the bottom line is they are corrupt it is only the degree is what is ok with you or others.

" less corrupt than other. "
Yeah ... pretty much it. The NCAA will never change. The hope is that the FBI will force them to change now.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Trae Young is so damn good.

He's avg 30/4/9 2spg on near 50/40/90, dominating game after game. May need to look at him as an option soon with that type of production.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
DP-6SQvV4AAqtPA.jpg:large

I like it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Trae Young is so damn good.

He's avg 30/4/9 2spg on near 50/40/90, dominating game after game. May need to look at him as an option soon with that type of production.
Yes, he is. He's 6'2" though ... guards that size usually don't go in the top 3. Of course he could be the next Kyrie. However, I suspect it will be Bagley, Doncic, or Porter (in no specific order) in the top 3. Of course, Porter must prove he is healthy.

Did you know Kyle Guy, Trae Young, and Michael Porter are all best friends? They thought about playing together in college.

On another good note, Markannen and Doncic are allegedly good friends.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
My buddy was right about Jimbo to aTm. He said it was a done deal last week. He's connected in that part of the area. Still ... no one can be sure nowadays. A lot of fake news linger in sports.

I wonder who F$U hires? Reports say Taggert and Fuente are being targeted.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Looks like a solid signing. Nice start to the off-season.
this is a solid signing and a very team favorite. 2 yrs with addition yr option. excellent pickup, he will be great for the young pitching staff, good power, great hitting eye.

great signing.

Reactions: Sarava

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Yes, he is. He's 6'2" though ... guards that size usually don't go in the top 3. Of course he could be the next Kyrie. However, I suspect it will be Bagley, Doncic, or Porter (in no specific order) in the top 3. Of course, Porter must prove he is healthy.

Did you know Kyle Guy, Trae Young, and Michael Porter are all best friends? They thought about playing together in college.

On another good note, Markannen and Doncic are allegedly good friends.
Yeah I wouldn't put him top 3 but if we possibly fall to 4 I would select either Young or Sexton.

Doncic is always liking and commenting on Lauri's Bulls gameday posts, I remember hearing they became good friends at Eurobasket. Doncic seems to have a lot of connections with the Bulls, he's good friends with Kukoc, Mirotic and Zipser.

Other than Doncic, MPJ and Lavine are friends from Seattle.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
this is a solid signing and a very team favorite. 2 yrs with addition yr option. excellent pickup, he will be great for the young pitching staff, good power, great hitting eye.

great signing.

I did see that he is ranked as the worst pitch framer in MLB. That concerns me. That could make our young pitchers work harder than you'd want for each out.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I did see that he is ranked as the worst pitch framer in MLB. That concerns me. That could make our young pitchers work harder than you'd want for each out.
you may be right, however i can see some work happening now till spring training. remember this guy is a good transition kind of a player. somebody holding down the fort so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad