Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
This guy is a guaranteed loss every time they put him in.

Even if he improved he’s one win to every five losses. It just isn’t worth it.

The trade was a clusterf***. The sooner they admit it and move on the happier everyone will be

Reactions: doaner

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
More issues with the Cardinals. Apparently the team president used the cards website to support a supreme court nominee? Then they turn around and tell players they can't do things like that. This team is a mess currently off the field.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Anyone else see the video of booker and uilis(sp?) in an elevator from 2017? A fight ensues before booker arrives. Didn’t look very good. Suns are looking into it. Booker had a bandana covering his face...

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Anyone else see the video of booker and uilis(sp?) in an elevator from 2017? A fight ensues before booker arrives. Didn’t look very good. Suns are looking into it. Booker had a bandana covering his face...

Well the video doesn't show him throwing any punches, but I mean, he knew what he was getting into. You just don't put yourself in that position. What happened after they ran after the guys?

Arizona teams are cleaning up the news cycle though that's for sure.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Well the video doesn't show him throwing any punches, but I mean, he knew what he was getting into. You just don't put yourself in that position. What happened after they ran after the guys?

Arizona teams are cleaning up the news cycle though that's for sure.

Yeah. They all look bad (minus coyotes for now). The strange part was him covering his Face.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Do as they say, not as they do. Keim was pulled over with a .193(said he only had a couple beers). Suspended 5 weeks and fined $200,000. Should have been given the boot IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matias Maccete

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
So I'm curious. Apparently he's spending 48 hours in jail. I thought the laws were changed so it's now a harsher punishment? I thought it was 30 days in jail? Must be nice to be in a power position.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
That is a general/standard penalty. Circumstances differ for each case and each classification of DUI; as do the punishments. Likely the two days in jail is mandatory and the remaining time will be suspended, contingent upon his successful completion of rehab, education and community service.

It is doubtful he got any more or less than any poster on this board, who could afford Larry Kazan, or the like.

Reactions: doaner

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I don't think 30 is mandatory on a first offense. I knew a guy who got 30 (with work release so....) on his 2nd offense but first offense was 10 days at that time.
You'd need a couple lawyers to figure out what level of drunkeness affects what and what level of discretion the judges have in sentencing at each level.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Diamondbacks' Chris Owings: Sent down to Triple-A

full

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'm going to Cincinnati tomorrow. I'll see the Diamondbacks-Reds game Saturday & Sunday. If anybody knows any good restaurant in the Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky area, please inform me soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad