Other Arizona Sports Thread 5: Cardinals, Dbacks, Suns, Sun Devils, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Sun Devil basketball is a sleeper Elite 8/Final 4 team this year. Hard to believe, but the guard play is just looking so nice. As long as ASU gets some decent play from the forward crew (just enough to neutralize teams that are a little longer and have more size), this could be a surprising year for how far they go.

Plus, isn't there still one more player that is coming on to the roster after Jan. 1st? Or was it only Mitchell this year with Edwards and Bragg eligible next year?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I think it's only Mitchell. My old co-worker who is from Kansas and a huge Jayhawks fan even mentioned to me how good our guard play was. He was pleasantly surprised. Martin is looking like a great player. I love what House mentioned earlier in the broadcast. He might look like he's out of control, but he has a plan with that. It's a good time to be a Sun Devil fan for sure. Still plenty of basketball left, but their start to the season has been great. White is also a pleasant sight.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Interesting stat they just mentioned, in 106 years no team has started 10-0. Impressive if they finish this out, considering the teams we have beat thus far.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
After a sluggish start, ASU men's hoops are 11-0 with a 95-61 win over Longwood. They look for a perfect non-conference schedule Friday when they host Pacific.

Edit: Why did you misspell "hoops" BigMac?

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
If there's any UofA fans on the boards, the Wildcat football team plays Purdue in the Foster Farms bowl at 6:30 MT on Fox. My sister is an Arizona alum, my mother's side of the family are either Purdue fans or alums, so both Nancy & I are calling this game the "Cousins Bowl." :laugh:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
ASU takes on UofA for the first game in conference play tonight. I expect UofA to win, but lets make them work for it. I'd love a win. Yes, we beat Kansas, but they are not great this year. I'd love to keep the undefeated record, and hopefully #2 in the nation.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I really hope they have some evidence here. With the amount of these claims, and the number of times the person has gotten canned right away, I worry that we'll be seeing a good old fashioned witch hunt start. Give me a raise. No? Then I'll say you harrassed me, and you'll get fired just because of the claim. Hopefully the very fact that they did fire him means they have some proof.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I really hope they have some evidence here. With the amount of these claims, and the number of times the person has gotten canned right away, I worry that we'll be seeing a good old fashioned witch hunt start. Give me a raise. No? Then I'll say you harrassed me, and you'll get fired just because of the claim. Hopefully the very fact that they did fire him means they have some proof.

His job was hanging by a thread before this. Wish he would have just been fired for being a bad coach instead of for a sexual assault that may or may not have happened.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
His job was hanging by a thread before this. Wish he would have just been fired for being a bad coach instead of for a sexual assault that may or may not have happened.
Ah, I didn't realize he was on the hot seat prior to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad