Other Arizona Sports Thread 5: Cardinals, Dbacks, Suns, Sun Devils, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So, who around here has the same head coach they did 6-8 months ago? Suns, Coyotes, Cardinals, ASU football, UA football...all will have changed, right?

Bobby Hurley is the dean of greater Phoenix big time sports coaches now? :laugh:

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It was fun while it lasted, Sun Devil Men's hoops, but now, reality sinks in, and we're back to normal...

I wouldn't say that. ASU lives by the 3, and shot it terribly last night. ASU is going to learn that teams are going to be gunning for them now, and that opponent's arenas will now be packed for them. This is a change for ASU, and they're use to playing little brother to Arizona on these road trips. I think they'll be fine, but it's an adjustment playing Colorado in a hostile environment instead of a 1/2 full arena like they have been.

With that said, I hope ASU loses every game the rest of the year ;) Go Cats!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
:pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:

Rich Rodriguez refused to help man who overdosed on drugs | Daily Mail Online

• The Wildcats starting center Zach Hemmila, 22, died on August 8, 2016 from a toxic combination of oxymorphone, an opiate painkiller, and alprazolam
  • When Rodriguez saw him the night before the overdose he allegedly dismissed the concern his top aid had, and stated: 'He'll be fine'

I'm sad for the family of Zach because UA clearly failed him. But in way, I'm happy for them now, because this asshole is tarnished and the university will have to pay for it in lawsuits.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
It was fun while it lasted, Sun Devil Men's hoops, but now, reality sinks in, and we're back to normal...

UofA just lost to Colorado too. We took Colorado to overtime. It's tough winning on the road. We made UofA work for it, and nearly had Colorado. I'm not throwing in the towel yet. Like it was said, this is new territory. They had a great start, and I love it. Hopefully they'll bounce back and get a win in Utah and then continue from there.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Cardinals may have a new coach soon. Arizona with at least 1 player guaranteed to win another Super Bowl. Nick Foles might be the new QB if the Cardinals want him and he pulls off a Super Bowl win.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Cardinals may have a new coach soon. Arizona with at least 1 player guaranteed to win another Super Bowl. Nick Foles might be the new QB if the Cardinals want him and he pulls off a Super Bowl win.

• Needs a replacement QB for the 2018 season.
  • Hires Panthers DC Steve Wilks for HC vacancy.
I swear, the Bidwill clan are an internet troll family that had a TARDIS or a DeLorean, travel back in time, created the first NFL franchise, and has been harassing us fans for generations.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Willdcat cheerleader ejected...male cheerleader...I would like to eject all male cheerleaders.

This article says he was heckling the referee, but I read elsewhere he was heckling the ASU player shooting the free throw.

Arizona cheerleader gets ejected from game for heckling referee

I would have assumed it would be heckling Martin at the line.

ASU has had a crazy season. Everyone says they live or die by the 3, which is true in a sense. But also, they had a billion free throws in the games in their non conference schedule. They were able to penetrate and draw fouls. They haven't been able to do that as well in Pac-12 play.

UofA is just way too big for ASU. Way too many second chances for UofA. ASU with their non-conference schedule, good wins against Xavier and Kansas, should be in the tournament. I don't expect them to lose out, but they would need a couple more wins to ensure they make it. They split every series this season but 1, and lost another 1(UofA). That UofA sweep isn't as bad, but the rest of splitting weekend series will hurt. Need to finish out strong, and make it past the 1st game of the Pac-12 tournament.

I wonder, did the success get to their head? It seemed like the style of play changed a bit, as defenses were playing more zone and were successful, and ASU has been trying more it seems to put the ball down low to White. I think they just need to go back to what was successful, putting the ball up and then penetrating and drawing fouls. Holder has been so good at that this year.

Anyways, been a great year to be a Sun Devil fan. I love Martin, and will fill shoes needing to be filled very well next year. Hope ASU can keep Hurley, and I feel like he'd like to stay here. To see the fans show up the way they have this year, to break down the wall in the arena, he'd like to continue building on what he's done with this program so far. A lot of people keep saying he might go to Duke after Coach K is done. I hope he doesn't, but hopefully the program keeps building on this success moving forward while he's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad