OT: OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 4: Half and Half (7-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The mock's are predictably worthless but at least they are having the Skins at least address needs. :laugh:

Thats ALL mock drafts ever do, try to match up team needs with players to fill those needs, even though many GMs have publicly stated they draft BPA all the way. And then people grade drafts based on how they filled needs, as if they know already if the draft picks can even play. Its LOL.

I've always felt that drafting for need is a great way to have a mediocre team across the board, and to have lots more busts at critical spots, because you tend to reach to fill needs. Drafting BPA entirely means you get more good players, fewer busts, less reaches, and a better team. Free agency can be used to fill needs if injuries or bad luck or free agent losses happen to one position. The teams that draft BPA are generally the better teams over long hauls, like New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay. The Skins draft for need a lot, and it shows.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Yeah not much use for a ILB with his speed and physical gifts that can't cover...anyone when needed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't get why people are convinced we're automatically in for a long QB search if we don't settle for a guy like Kirk. It's like marrying the first person that shows interest in you because you're afraid nothing better will come along. Maybe the same can be said for Smith, but that was probably the better option for the front office because Kirk was not their guy and they were not going to rebuild this season with Gruden's contract coming up.

Look at KC and Cleveland this year. Young QBs can thrive in this league. Hell, Jackson in B-more hasn't been great but he's been good enough and will likely improve, probably pushing Flacco out. Goff is 4th in the league in passing yds and became a star in year 2. Watson in Houston was tearing it up before his injury. Same with Bridgewater. Trubisky has promise as well.

Start looking for the next one of those guys.

Probably because that's how Snyder's team has worked, and because we don't have a normal power structure or an NFL team run like an NFL team.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I get it. I've been a Skins fan for almost 40 years. But the past is not the future. As shitty as this ownership group is they could still draft a good young QB if he's there. They've made some good draft picks at times so it's not like they have zero drafting ability (other than WR lol). The real problem, even if that happens, is do will have the coaches in place to take advantage. Right now I think not, but I also think change is coming.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They drafted two good, young QBs in 2012 and still managed a way to **** both of them up.

And one of them is the guy people are saying we should have kept instead of drafting a new QB. So that isn't really an argument against drafting.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I get it. I've been a Skins fan for almost 40 years. But the past is not the future. As ****ty as this ownership group is they could still draft a good young QB if he's there. They've made some good draft picks at times so it's not like they have zero drafting ability (other than WR lol). The real problem, even if that happens, is do will have the coaches in place to take advantage. Right now I think not, but I also think change is coming.

True, the past isn’t the future, never is and never will be.

However, the Snyder reign of the past 20 years gives me, and I believe the entire fan base, zero confidence the correct moves will be made.

By that I mean in any/all areas. E.g. they could draft a stud QB, but bring in a coach who’s a dud and waste it. That’s the Snyder way.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I heard the sport junks talking that our playoff fate, if any, is tied to Minny. Sure we have to do the impossible and win some games, but we also need Minny to lose 2. Interesting timing, axing their OC. You know Kirk is probably going to be rattled by that.... he loves him some structure and being process oriented.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The Skins minuscule playoff hopes are tied to a guy who needed to play Madden last week to learn his new teammates names.

Johnson playing the rest of the season in Gruden's offense is intriguing to me but only to see if he is a capable backup to McCoy next season. To my fellow fans who feel the team still has a shot at the playoffs I have just one thing to say, lets be reality.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Skins minuscule playoff hopes are tied to a guy who needed to play Madden last week to learn his new teammates names.

Johnson playing the rest of the season in Gruden's offense is intriguing to me but only to see if he is a capable backup to McCoy next season. To my fellow fans who feel the team still has a shot at the playoffs I have just one thing to say, lets be reality.

Johnson is literally the only reason to watch. I'll be curious to see if the defense comes out like they give a f***. They got some stops against the Giants until Butt Fumble through the pick-6 then it sounds like they realized they had no chance to win and gave up.

Minnesota will likely get the 6th seed by default even though we have the easiest remaining schedule. The (Wentz-less) Eagles have the Rams, Texans, and then us so they'll likely lose two of those games and then pound us to end this disaster of a season. Carolina has New Orleans twice and Atlanta and has lost five straight so they're probably DOA. Minnesota plays Miami, Detroit, and Chicago which is reasonably difficult. If the Redskins were even an average football team right now taking two of three from Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Philadelphia would be a reasonable task but they're a tire fire.

Man, this season sucks. The playoffs were there for the taking without all of these injuries.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
A forgotten member of the long list of QB failures

Also, I have hated the #5 for QBs ever since Heath Schuler.

lol.

A buddy of mine grabbed a McKnobb jersey for me at a flea market, was like 5 bucks.

I’m gonna have to spend 5 times that to get Way put on it.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad