OT: OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 4: Half and Half (7-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Lol we can only hope. Interesting since Jared Cook is a UFA next year so not guaranteed to return to the Raiders. Could see Cook in DC, too.

The end of this season has the same feeling to me as the last few games under Shanahan. Remember that horrible game to an empty stadium vs KC, I think, to close out his last season. It's possible the final home game will be 90% Eagles fans cheering for a Wild Card spot while the Skins players simply try to avoid injury.

correction: it wasn't the last game of the season but it was when you knew he was done. Week 14 vs KC, 2013:

Ba_MvShCQAAAFYO.jpg

I went to this. It was my last year as a season ticket holder. I went to get my brother from UMD and we showed up half way through the first quarter and I think it was already 17-0. When we walked in the stadium they didn't even look at our assigned seats - the ushers told us to go down straight to the lower bowl. A buddy of mine who was in the upper deck said ushers were going to everyone in the upper deck saying they all qualified for free upgrades to lower bowl seats (LOL). We actually had a great time that day. It was snowing and the mood was jovial. I don't know how to describe it... maybe it was just our coping mechanism during that embarrassing debacle of a season.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I went to this. It was my last year as a season ticket holder. I went to get my brother from UMD and we showed up half way through the first quarter and I think it was already 17-0. When we walked in the stadium they didn't even look at our assigned seats - the ushers told us to go down straight to the lower bowl. A buddy of mine who was in the upper deck said ushers were going to everyone in the upper deck saying they all qualified for free upgrades to lower bowl seats (LOL). We actually had a great time that day. It was snowing and the mood was jovial. I don't know how to describe it... maybe it was just our coping mechanism during that embarrassing debacle of a season.

Kind of how it was for Caps games before they started making the playoffs again.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
84 million dollars tied to him. SMH

If, and I do mean if, the vikes part ways with Kirk say after next year due to Kirk being Kirk.

Would that be one of the worst FA deals? Haynesworth was terribad, but one expects that with the skins.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Loving this game. Just made the playoffs in fantasy. Opponent had Theilen and Wilson and basically got shutout.

Wait a second. My team has Wilson and Theilen and I’m getting screwed out of the playoffs. Guy I played is getting lucky and is moving to the semifinals. I was the 2nd seed (he was 7th).

We aren’t possibly in the same league. My mind is blown?!?!?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
84 million dollars tied to him. SMH

If, and I do mean if, the vikes part ways with Kirk say after next year due to Kirk being Kirk.

Would that be one of the worst FA deals? Haynesworth was terribad, but one expects that with the skins.

Here comes the Kirk garbage time stat padding. Shocker.

And unless they trade Kirk (back to DC?? LOL), they can’t part ways. His contract is FULLY guaranteed. So....yeah

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Holy dog shit?!

Does that mean he gets every last penny, and, the vikes would be cap crushed if they dump him?

If so, we’ll done Kirk, we’ll done...

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Holy dog ****?!

Does that mean he gets every last penny, and, the vikes would be cap crushed if they dump him?

If so, we’ll done Kirk, we’ll done...

Correct. Kirk is a Viking for all 3 yrs. no matter what.

They saddled themselves with a good...not even really good....QB worth a big chunk of their sal cap.

However, he’s at least playing. Redskins one upped that by giving a huge guarantee w Smith..EVEN IF HURT. So....there’s dead space, and then there is DEAD space.

Advantage....No One

Reactions: robertmac43

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wait a second. My team has Wilson and Theilen and I’m getting screwed out of the playoffs. Guy I played is getting lucky and is moving to the semifinals. I was the 2nd seed (he was 7th).

We aren’t possibly in the same league. My mind is blown?!?!?

That’s a damn wild coinkydink!

My record will be 8-6.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Correct. Kirk is a Viking for all 3 yrs. no matter what.

They saddled themselves with a good...not even really good....QB worth a big chunk of their sal cap.

However, he’s at least playing. Redskins one upped that by giving a huge guarantee w Smith..EVEN IF HURT. So....there’s dead space, and then there is DEAD space.

Advantage....No One

Advantage... Kansas City. Smith to WSH, Cousins to MIN, Keenum to DEN.

Andy Reid McNabb'ed us again.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Advantage... Kansas City. Smith to WSH, Cousins to MIN, Keenum to DEN.

Andy Reid McNabb'ed us again.

Eh, Smith was a seemingly safe call at the time. I think he would've been fine on a better team with a functional front office, and the fortune to not have his leg snapped on the anniversary of JT doing the same.

Kirk is mental. The Skins, to their credit, knew this. He was picked by a coach who they ended up firing under bad circumstances. Kirk was never going to be their guy and the salary dance was mostly for show until they found a better option.

Now that option is probably a draft pick. They should think about trading up again if necessary, but not with the same kind of ransom RG3 commanded.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
A lot of short sighted people patting themselves on the back because they think they were right about Cousins. The 20mil a year deal Cousins wanted after '15 would be a bargain right now. Especially considering the fact Cousins would be in his 5th year of Gruden's offense with the best defense the Skins have had in his tenure as a starter.

Instead the Skins traded a valuable CB and a 3rd for a QB 4 years older than Cousins, extended that QB to the same basic contract Cousins wanted in '15 and now will have to start all over looking for a new "franchise" QB. A process, once they draft a QB worth developing, that will take 2-3 years.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but I just read that last night was Cousins 7th loss on MNF making him 0-7, the worst record for a QB on Monday ever....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
A lot of short sighted people patting themselves on the back because they think they were right about Cousins. The 20mil a year deal Cousins wanted after '15 would be a bargain right now. Especially considering the fact Cousins would be in his 5th year of Gruden's offense with the best defense the Skins have had in his tenure as a starter.

Instead the Skins traded a valuable CB and a 3rd for a QB 4 years older than Cousins, extended that QB to the same basic contract Cousins wanted in '15 and now will have to start all over looking for a new "franchise" QB. A process, once they draft a QB worth developing, that will take 2-3 years.

What good is a steady 20M/yr guy who can't win?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What good is a steady 20M/yr guy who can't win?

That’s like saying any athlete can’t win until they do. I bet some people said the same about Ovy.

At least Cousins would likely have them still in contention.

I’d take that over more of the last 30 years of shit.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Kirk was never leading this team any where regardless of the dollar amount on his contract. Once Scot was jettisoned it didn't matter who was behind center. No QB is leading this team any where under the current management structure.

Kirk @ $20mm + GMSM - Allen is something I can believe in, even as someone who isn't the biggest Cousins fan. Kirk, Smith, insert R1 QB draft pick, whoever... this team is going no where with Allen in charge.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Still don’t get the blind GMSM support. Did he already build another team into a Super Bowl winner and I missed it?

And Cousins could lead them to the postseason or at worst keep them in the playoff conversation, which you know leads to fans enjoying the product.

Look at our option otherwise. What you’re seeing now. Enjoy.

I get the Allen hate and the Cousins distaste, but big picture it for one second please pleople.

The loss of one key guy and stuck with poor options, set this franchise back at least another 5 years.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Still don’t get the blind GMSM support. Did he already build another team into a Super Bowl winner and I missed it?

And Cousins could lead them to the postseason or at worst keep them in the playoff conversation, which you know leads to fans enjoying the product.

Look at our option otherwise. What you’re seeing now. Enjoy.

I get the Allen hate and the Cousins distaste, but big picture it for one second please pleople.

The loss of one key guy and stuck with poor options, set this franchise back at least another 5 years.

Team had the best consistent results its seen in a couple decades when he was around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad