OT: OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 4: Half and Half (7-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The Redskins organization couldn't handle the circus Kaepernick would bring to town. No thanks.

I think the circus aspect is wholly overblown and whatever distraction he would potentially end up being the difference between Kaepernick and Manuel/Yates/Johnson/Sanchez is enormous. For a team looking to make the playoffs with an injury-prone Colt McCoy now the starter, they really ought to do all they can to shore up the backup QB position instead of dumpster diving.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think the circus aspect is wholly overblown and whatever distraction he would potentially end up being the difference between Kaepernick and Manuel/Yates/Johnson/Sanchez is enormous. For a team looking to make the playoffs with an injury-prone Colt McCoy now the starter, they really ought to do all they can to shore up the backup QB position instead of dumpster diving.

With you 1000%. Kaep is still (or was) a good QB. He’d be a very valuable guy for this team, IMO. And could also play down the line while they drafted and groomed “the next guy”. It’s really stupid that he isn’t getting a look. Really really stupid.

Sep 19, 2008
Kaep isn't playing because of his stances but rather because he isn't any good. That's what I think IMO.

They signed Mark Sanchez anyway as the backup.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Bruce Allen on record saying he wouldn’t sign that guy.

Time to let that candle go Twabby.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Kaep isn't playing because of his stances but rather because he isn't any good. That's what I think IMO.

They signed Mark Sanchez anyway as the backup.

It’s not that he’s awful. It’s that what he brings lately in the press outweighs the benefit he brings on the field.

As Hog says below, how long until he’s up to speed and even worth playing? He needs to get on a team in the summer.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Ok, forget about the circus angle, despite it being more than relevant, Kaepernick hasn't been apart of a NFL organization in a year and a half. He has also never played in Gruden's system. So what sense would it make to sign Kaepernick to serve as a back up for a game 3 days away?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
With you 1000%. Kaep is still (or was) a good QB. He’d be a very valuable guy for this team, IMO. And could also play down the line while they drafted and groomed “the next guy”. It’s really stupid that he isn’t getting a look. Really really stupid.

Still good? No.

But he can probably play in the league even if somewhat pedestrian IMO.

His Years of good are long gone IMO, and that’s why he’s not playing today.

Sep 19, 2008
Still good? No.

But he can probably play in the league even if somewhat pedestrian IMO.

His Years of good are long gone IMO, and that’s why he’s not playing today.

That's what I've been trying to tell you. His time with the Niners was awful and he was benched multiple times. He regressed heavily since his SB appearance. He just can't play football.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That's what I've been trying to tell you. His time with the Niners was awful and he was benched multiple times. He regressed heavily since his SB appearance. He just can't play football.

Again, not buying that. I live in SF, so I saw him a lot. He had some bad years (maybe 2), but his last season was good. On a terrible team. He was not the problem. At all. The team was total garbage.

The Niners didnt want to deal with the PR problems he created. Plain and simple. Same with the rest of the league now. Chicken shit, really.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Ok, forget about the circus angle, despite it being more than relevant, Kaepernick hasn't been apart of a NFL organization in a year and a half. He has also never played in Gruden's system. So what sense would it make to sign Kaepernick to serve as a back up for a game 3 days away?

It's not as if Gruden's system is that hard to learn. It's West Coast Offense. Dink and dunk passes and the odd long ball. It shouldn't be that hard for any QB to pick up on.

As for Kaepernick, the physical attributes are still there. The question would be is if he'd be mentally prepared to step into a situation like Washington. It's not just the football side of things, it's the political. Not only that, but you've got the team itself, which can be a sideshow, especially with Snyder and Allen.

The only good thing to come from the Smith injury is that now Allen and company will be forced to look at a good quarterback prospect this draft and get started on the grooming process.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Yeah yeah, connections and all that, but did those guys not see this play?

sanchez21.gif

We just signed the author of the "Butt Fumble".

Reactions: VaCaps Fan and g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yusss, buttfumble!

I knew they'd hire someone they knew from previous gigs. Just didn't think about the NYJ connection with Sanchez. Wondered why he was invited. Now I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad