OT: Visiting Team Hotel

RammsteinGT

Prairie Shark
Sep 24, 2008
YQL/YXE
I've bumped into teams at the Fairmont and have heard of them staying at the De Anza - both due to their proximity to the tank. Although, I think you can spot the Canucks standing outside their hotel on Santana Row on Google Streetview if you look close enough.

Man, I almost feel like a local giving this kind of info out. :laugh:

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
The Valencia in Santana row is where I have seen many player from other teams . The team bus usually leaves for the tank between 4-5 if your out front you will see them

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I've bumped into teams at the Fairmont and have heard of them staying at the De Anza - both due to their proximity to the tank. Although, I think you can spot the Canucks standing outside their hotel on Santana Row on Google Streetview if you look close enough.

Man, I almost feel like a local giving this kind of info out. :laugh:

No worries, eh. This local would not be able to spot a Canuck hanging outside of a hotel until he spoke.

As a business traveler who has stayed at a hotel that caught fire in the wee hours of the morning, I sure hope no NHL team stays at Santana Row. Too much wood construction for me to feel at ease sleeping there. Besides, I remember the fire and being pelted with falling embers on my hog commuting home on 280 nearby.

Last edited:

Kilika

Dec 22, 2010
I've seen Wild and Predators board the bus in front of Hotel Valencia at Santana Row. Some sign autographs. I guess its a popular spot due the variety of dining choices an NHLer can eat at without being bothered. I swear most of the public there don't even have a clue.

MrCowGod15

Feb 6, 2007
Most will either be at the Valencia in Santana Row or the Fairmont in downtown SJ.

Bartcal

Sponsor
Apr 15, 2007
So Cal
The Canucks were at the Fairmont last year during the playoffs - one of the Sedins was in the line for the front counter behind me. After they lost that night, the coaches were hanging out in the bar area behind me.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I'm staying at the fairmont this weekend myself for the same game. My once a year box-seats deal, yay!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad