OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Hearing some travel options may not be available to people who ended up splitting doses like I did. Hope this isn't the case. Will be pissed if by following Manitoba health I am screwed from some potential travel.

Wonder if I can just get another moderna or Pfizer shot to meet the requirements.

Reactions: ryerockarola

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
From the other thread have people been getting their physical card? I'd read they ran out of the plastic and heard from a buddy he got his (got his shots after me). But don't re-apply if originally applied and never got one? At this point who really likely knows. :)

Not to single people out but I'll ask @Eyeseeing from the other thread

"I can get my vax card on Thursday" :thumbu:

You have to apply for the printed card when you apply for your QR code thing. There is a box to check somewhere in the process to have them mail a physical copy to you, but I saw something about a month ago saying they're out of stock or something. I haven't got mine yet but it's only been a couple of weeks I guess.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yup, thanks knew that and did that :). There was a spot in the FAQ that at the time what to do if one didn't get their card in 2 weeks. Then there was the plastic shortage (is there still a plastic shortage?, not asking you directly wondering out loud for others who are wondering about physical cards).

I'd assumed if one checked the box there's never a need to re-apply (however one would do that) but rather those who ordered them and were basically back-ordered due to plastic shortage would just get them if you know what I mean. But this is the gov't in a pandemic situation that's never happened before so, not being too critical, who knows. :)

Thanks for the reply.

I'd assume that's still the case, I don't know anyone personally who's actually got their plastic card. I'd assume there's no need to reply but you're right about the gov't in a pandemic situation - it took 8 months to get my son's birth certificate.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Had my first golf game in 2 years last week.

I forgot how much fun that game can be.

And of course, now I am screwed. :laugh:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Restrictions being lifted this weekend just as I wrap up my 2 weeks since shot #2, great timing. I am gonna have to pace myself and try not to let to out 1.5 years of pent up lack of social fun in one weekend.:laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting the restaurant business has come roaring back so far for those lucky enough to have any staff. Getting people back to work is at crisis levels on both sides of the border. Lots of restricted hours and Grey days (closures due to lack of staff.

Also lots of staff not getting vaccinated. A very good friend of mine opened his place in The GTA had 4 unvaccinated leaders give Covid to each other which deemed his business a hot spot and he had to close for 14 days costing him hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales he vitally needed since he has been closed so much during the pandemic. Vaccinated staff are really pissed off at their unvaccinated workmates for forcing them back out of work.

The stress continues but at least it’s busy. Customers try to be patient if your speed of service sucks the place you are sitting in is most likely down staff and on the 3 v 5 PK :help:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Interesting the restaurant business has come roaring back so far for those lucky enough to have any staff. Getting people back to work is at crisis levels on both sides of the border. Lots of restricted hours and Greg days (closures due to lack of staff.

Also lots of staff not getting vaccinated. A very good friend of mine opened his place in The GTA had 4 unvaccinated leaders give Covid to each other which deemed his business a hot spot and he had to close for 14 days costing him hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales he vitally needed since he has been closed so much during the pandemic. Vaccinated staff are really pissed off at their unvaccinated workmates for forcing them back out of work.

The stress continues but at least it’s busy. Customers try to be patient if your speed of service sucks the place you are sitting in is most likely down staff and on the 3 v 5 PK :help:.

Are you guys in Canada in a position where you can send unvaxed staff home until they're vaccinated?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Are you guys in Canada in a position where you can send unvaxed staff home until they're vaccinated?

most likely what you will see is continued mask policies after it’s legal to shed them. Possibly mask of shame or honour for those unvaccinated but that is risky with the current culture.

the problem is my buddy had the masks in place but staff hang out after shift without and bang…..down you go.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I have a heavy labor job and wearing a mask is so hot and a pain in the ass that i would have paid money to get a vaccine if we had to . I don't understand not getting the vaccine, i just don't. If not for yourself at least do it for the person beside you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad