OT: OT Thread II: Where everything's made up and the points don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
:laugh: I'd love to, but I don't think ill be able to snag tickets. I may attempt to scalp some but I am anticipating I won't be able to get a hold of any.

Tailgating, in a sense, looks good @ Toshiba Plaza. No vehicles, of course, so it would be a virtual tailgate. There will be thousands there that aren't inside the arena.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
The song of the day is Ray Charles' What'd I Say. The album of the day is arguably the best album published since 1991:

NirvanaNevermindalbumcover.jpg

Reactions: Nevada Jones

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Missed the game last night because I was at a Brit Floyd concert in Warren. Holy shit what an incredible show. I thought for sure the roof was going to go flying off during "Wish You Were Here" because the singing was so loud. Best concert I have ever been to.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Friday's song of the day is the Eagle's Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave! London Calling's album cover was obviously an homage to the album of the day:

Elvis_Presley_LPM-1254_Album_Cover.jpg

TheClashLondonCallingalbumcover.jpg

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Saturday's song of the day was featured in Top Gun and is the Righteous Brothers You've Lost that Loving Feelin. R.I.P. Goose. The album of the day is:

Born_to_Run_%28Front_Cover%29.jpg

and it features Clarence "The Big Man" Clemons on sax:

Clarence_Clemons_Nov_20%2C_2009.jpg

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Saturday's song of the day was featured in Top Gun and is the Righteous Brothers You've Lost that Loving Feelin. R.I.P. Goose.

Top_Gun_Movie.jpg

The album of the day is:

Born_to_Run_%28Front_Cover%29.jpg

and it features Clarence "The Big Man" Clemons on sax:

Clarence_Clemons_Nov_20%2C_2009.jpg

Going to see Bruce on Broadway on June 29th. Been looking forward to this for six months!

Reactions: Aja

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Going to see Bruce on Broadway on June 29th. Been looking forward to this for six months!
Cool! He's probably the best live act since the Stones stopped touring. I've done all my weekend posts and I think they're decent.

There was a lady named Suzy Parker who is considered the best model ever and has an unreleased Beatles song named after her.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Looking for a horse to cheer on for today's Kentucky Derby? How about one with a NHL connection.

Florida Panthers' owner Viola running Vino Rosso today.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
The song of the day is John Lennon's Imagine. That song has a great world vision. I was working third shift as a security guard at a factory when he was killed and I still can't quite accept it. I can't think of a celebrity who was less of a threat to anyone. / The album of the day is one of this guy's best:

Bob_Dylan_-_Blonde_on_Blonde.jpg

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
The song of the day is John Lennon's Imagine. That song has a great world vision. I was working third shift as a security guard at a factory when he was killed and I still can't quite accept it. I can't think of a celebrity who was less of a threat to anyone. / The album of the day is one of this guy's best:

Bob_Dylan_-_Blonde_on_Blonde.jpg
I really love that song. If you get a chance and haven't, check out Pentatonix version of Imagine.

I got to see Dylan live in concert here in Vegas the day he was announced as a Nobel Prize winner. Didn't mention it once during the concert.

Reactions: Aja

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Off topic so I hope this is the right spot on your forum. In Vegas this week for a conference, wanted to pick up some Golden Knight gear for my kids, anyone have a recommendation for a place that does not have the Strip pricing lol?

PS I was rooting for a 7th game so I could snag a ticket, already had the wife's permission to spend a pretty penny but I landed in town as you guys advanced :(

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Today's song of the day is Marvin Gaye's What's Going On. Today's album of the day features such classics as Don't You Worry Bout a Thing, Living for the City, and the original version of Higher Ground which was re-made by RHCP. It's my favorite one record album:

Steviewonder_innervisions.jpg

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Off topic so I hope this is the right spot on your forum. In Vegas this week for a conference, wanted to pick up some Golden Knight gear for my kids, anyone have a recommendation for a place that does not have the Strip pricing lol?

PS I was rooting for a 7th game so I could snag a ticket, already had the wife's permission to spend a pretty penny but I landed in town as you guys advanced :(

Looks like you are going to have to devise some reason to stay here for another week.....

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
You may need an air freshener, because Tuesday's song of the day Smells Like Teen Spirit. The great album of the day is named after a city I lived in and is called punk, but it sounds like ska to me:

TheClashLondonCallingalbumcover.jpg

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

There's a sports store at Downtown Summerlin that has a pretty big selection and I think you can get either 10 or 15% off if you mention the SinBin site when you pay.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Looks like you are going to have to devise some reason to stay here for another week.....

I wish, this strip life is unlike anything I have ever experienced.

There's a sports store at Downtown Summerlin that has a pretty big selection and I think you can get either 10 or 15% off if you mention the SinBin site when you pay.

thank you, going to go there tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad